Hi there, I would like to know if other people are having signal problems after the MM update. I am on Tmobile on a AT&T Unlocked Priv that was working perfect (signal strength wise) when it was on Lollipop. Since I upgraded by OTA to MM using a friends Simcard my signal is a mess. It cycle between LTE all the way to GSM (G). And when I hit the road it stay in Edge most of the time. That didn't happen in Lollipop and have never happened in my Nexus 6 and Nexus 6P.

Any help will be very appreciated.
    07-20-16 03:00 PM
    I'm on TMO with a TMO branded STV100-1.

When I upgraded I noticed no difference between signal variance reporting via the signal meter.

Its always basically sucked but worked. Put it to you this way. One or two bars of lte and everything is fine. When it pops to 4g it's terrible and locks up sometimes. I have to refresh after the transition to get it to work again.

Even with a signal booster in my home, the phone can sit 2 feet away and have all but one bar lte, and hell for that matter I can be under a tower and have the same result.

May be the case it's in or whatever, but I think there is an obvious issue when the phone switches radio signals from lte to 4g to 3g and on.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-20-16 03:07 PM
    To add, TMO also has "coverage" but you're only going to get optimal signal from an actual TMO tower. All others are partner towers and I think they prioritize the trunk to those who the tower belongs to first.

Might want to investigate your APN settings too.

Then again like I said I'm TMO on TMO. It's obvious something on the sim has been passed on when crossing networks. Might not be a head scratcher if you can compare network APN setting between two devices (TMO and ATT) and see what's changed.

I always take screenshots of old settings before I do anything.

07-20-16 03:09 PM
    Thanks for the reply, to me it look more like they have either turn off one of the LTE frequencies or they made changes to the baseband that mate the modem loose signal easily. Like I said it worked fine in Lollipop it is definitely something that came with the MM update. I tried to flash the old modem (lollipop) but it won't boot and told me the data was encrypted and corrupted and needed to wipe my phone. I flashed back the MM modem and booted. I flashed the TMo modem and I don't think it is sticking or maybe ir it just the same one. Can you reply with your baseband numbers. Mine is MPSS.BO.2.6.2.c2-0007-M8994FAAAANAZM-1.55185.2
    07-20-16 03:40 PM
    Here is mine

Attached Thumbnails Signal problems after MM update on Unlocked AT&T-10932.jpg  
    07-20-16 03:48 PM
    Thanks but you are in lollipop still. Can you post the same when you upgrade to MM? Also what model of Priv do you have? AT&T? TMO? Unlocked?
    07-20-16 04:05 PM
    Perhaps BlackBerry is just more accurate with sig description

07-20-16 05:27 PM
    Np bud,

Attached Thumbnails Signal problems after MM update on Unlocked AT&T-13198.jpg  
    07-20-16 06:33 PM
    You can check radio strength and other stuff by dialing *#*#*4636*#*#** on the phone "app" , but you probably knew that already.

07-20-16 06:35 PM
    I have noticed that if I have a WiFi signal the LTE seems to be not showing signal. Turn off the WiFi and the LTE kicks in fine. I have AT&T unlocked running on AT&T.

07-20-16 07:15 PM
    I still can't believe that the WiFi calling and texting work on T-mobile with a att phone.

07-20-16 07:39 PM
    The issue is not knowing the strength, the issue is that it was working perfect with Lollipop and awful with MM. Just wanted to know if there were people that have similar abysmal difference in signal performance after the MM update when on TMO.
    It is so frustrating to have my phone go to Edge signal all the time and I know is an issue with this phone only, my nexus 6p have never seen edge signal on TMO. The Priv on Lollipop neither.
    07-22-16 02:13 PM
    The issue is not knowing the strength, the issue is that it was working perfect with Lollipop and awful with MM. Just wanted to know if there were people that have similar abysmal difference in signal performance after the MM update when on TMO.
    It is so frustrating to have my phone go to Edge signal all the time and I know is an issue with this phone only, my nexus 6p have never seen edge signal on TMO. The Priv on Lollipop neither.
    Why don't you just lock your signal to LTE/4G mode only, therefore it won't go down to EDGE at all?

07-22-16 07:19 PM
    AT&T unlocked on AT&T. No signal issues with MM update.

My Note 4, also AT&T, updated the same (also 5.1.1 to MM) day and got wifi calling and video calling. Priv didn't.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    07-22-16 08:29 PM
    I have. It just runs into no signal :-( and stay there for a big while. Then return to LTE. I will try to downgrade to lollipop tomorrow.

Why don't you just lock your signal to LTE/4G mode only, therefore it won't go down to EDGE at all?
    07-22-16 08:33 PM
    Sounds to me like your modem firmware is not right. Or possibly the antenna is screwed but if it worked before that's not it.

I'd downgrade then re upgrade.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android (Priv)
    07-22-16 10:46 PM