I am a BlackBerryaholic and actually I love my PP Silver. Everything with my PP is ok until last week. I am working at integration system company and as you know, nowadays, iOT and smart technology are popular. Requirement of remote control system is mandatory. But app developers only do for Android and iOS. Normally, with SNAP, I can installed and use some app such as Viber, Uber, ... but some app can not be worked due to BB10 only supports Android Runtime 4.5. I need app to do my work and do the test even though not usually.
    Yes, you guys will advise me to use more device but I do not want to carry 2 smartphones daily.
    So I am stay at the fence to move to BlackBerry Android phones. Priv catched my eyes because it form and keyboard. Its price is acceptable now. I just want to get advice from users who already experience it. Should buy Priv or DTEK50? Thank you all and your opinions will be appreciated.

Posted by Passport Silver Editon
    09-24-16 11:47 PM
    I'd say it depends on how much you can get the Priv for. I've been longing to have a physical keyboard ever since my Q10 two years ago - and I did buy a brand new white Q10 just a few months back just to feed the nostalgia, as a backup phone.

I'm based overseas and at launch, the Priv was priced at almost US$1,000 here. So I stayed at the sidelines for ten months until I was able to purchase it at the equivalent of around $400.

My other option was the DTEK50 at US$300 when it became available at the same time as the drop in the Priv to US$400. The extra US$100 was money well spent on the better screen and battery, and of course, the physical keyboard. So far I haven't experienced any of the known kinks like overheating, short battery life, clicking screen, etc.

I find the Priv such a great value at its price now that I'm even considering getting a spare one as soon as it's in stock again at the price I got it for.

I did almost get the DTEK50, and to be honest, I'm tempted to get it as a backup phone as well. Yup, I have a fetish for blackberries...

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-25-16 12:05 AM
    I'd say go ahead and pull the trigger on the BlackBerry Priv. The price is fantastic now for the build quality you will receive. It will receive nougat 7.0. The Snapdragon 808 is future proofed for a few years.

The keyboard isn't as good as the passport, but it's perhaps a better choice with both swipe / screen input and keyboard option. I use both, and can vouch for the accuracy and usefulness of both options.

I don't think you can go wrong with the current sale. I've had mine since April, and it's the best phone I've owned. The build quality is exceptional.

Literally the only limitation on the phone is the selfie camera, which I would never use regardless. The rear camera is excellent, and while not the industry leader, certainly out shoots former flagships and current mid range. I'd equate it to my Galaxy S6 in terms of quality.

09-25-16 12:27 AM
    Thank you guys. Any other opinions? How is about email management? Battery usage?

09-25-16 01:04 AM
    I have just come back from Blackberry shop and tried both DTEK50 and PRIV. DTEK50 speaker and front camera is better than PRIV. For other things, PRIV is winner. So I will choose PRIV is my next step.

gebco and FF22 like this.
    09-25-16 06:19 AM
    Like the person above I almost bought the Dtek50, but the price of the PRIV dropped and coming from the Classic I prefer to have a pkb. What a good decision I made.
    It's a great device. Love it.
    Added plus, when someone asks me you still using a BlackBerry? Then I show them it's android and pop open the keyboard, the look on their face? Priceless.

FF22 likes this.
    09-25-16 08:47 AM
    Priv is good.

Go for it.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    09-25-16 10:15 AM
    Thank you guys. Any other opinions? How is about email management? Battery usage?

With the BlackBerry Hub, the email management is really good. You have to shut off all the standard peek ones that Android has if you only want notifications thru the hub, but you may not want to do that.

I have found that BlackBerry has made android email management on my Priv very similar to what I had back on my previous BlackBerry devices on BB10 and I am sure the DTEK50 rocks in the email area as well.

Battery is really good on Marshmallow. And I am a very heavy user.
    09-25-16 04:46 PM
    If I didn't need the physical keyboard. I'd wait for the DTEK 60. DTEk 50 is a bit too budget for my tastes.

Fingerprint scanner is very convenient and secure enough for consumer use. For some reason, the Priv doesn't feel very snappy or smooth given it's specs. I've used a few other mid tier devices and they felt smoother and snappier than the Priv..
    09-26-16 10:00 AM
    I got a Priv coming from a Passport and haven't looked back until recently when AT&T dropped the ball. There is a thread on it.

For business use, I think the BlackBerry components of the Priv are top notch. The keyboard takes some adjustment but becomes second nature and has some great features. The reception (on GSM carriers anyway) beats my Passport, which is saying something.

Battery life leaves a little to be desired but a wireless charging cradle on my desk got rid of that anxiety (be sure you would be getting one capable of wireless charging; they aren't all capable).

Speakers are loud and clear. Noise cancelation and call quality are top notch.

I will say that in light of problems I had with AT&T I got an S7 edge in a panic and the difference between the 808 chipset and the 820 is pretty stark, but the Priv will he zippy coming from a BB10.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android by a recovering Privaholic
    09-26-16 10:15 AM
    I should add, I carried two devices for the very reasons you mentioned, for years. When I got the Priv I went to one, after a short period. It just did it all.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android by a recovering Privaholic
    FF22 likes this.
    09-26-16 10:16 AM
    Wait for dtek60 imho. Priv great tho

09-26-16 04:41 PM
    I bought a Priv the day it was launched here in the US and is almost a year and have had no major issues with the device.

I say if you find an unlocked one at a good price and it fits your needs, then go for it. For myself, the unit has been everything I asked for.
    09-26-16 05:14 PM