Why do people like to speculate without any meaningful data?
    But if you have meaningful data, it can never be speculation
    10-25-15 08:14 PM
    How so?

Posted via CB10
    Sorry, should have replied with quote to the post I was commenting on.

Basically I'm saying you can't compare demand of an iPhone pre-order to the Priv pre-order because in apple's case the world knows about their device and that the pre-order was going to open on X date.

The Priv is practically unknown, still under blackout, from a company many don't even know still make phones.

Until there is some publicity / marketing there is no point talking about pre-order numbers let alone comparing them to Apple pre-order numbers.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 09:39 PM
    Sales won't be significant until a while after it releases, if ever!
    People and media are going to have to hear/ read reviews. If it's a great phone then, combined with actual marketing, it might have a chance.
    Right now it's only current BlackBerry users ( and mostly real fans) ordering this device, if they have the financial means and/or they are at a re-order point replacing their current device.
    Pre-sales for this really mean nothing for this phone.
    kdklein likes this.
    10-25-15 09:46 PM
    But if we didn't know the numbers and they sold the 500 out - of course nobody here would be starting threads called 'Priv off to great start!'

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk
    theboogeyman likes this.
    10-26-15 02:31 AM
    But if we didn't know the numbers and they sold the 500 out - of course nobody here would be starting threads called 'Priv off to great start!'
    Wouldn't the low stock level of the PRIV indicate that BlackBerry has a realistic expectation for sales? They're not a rockstar anymore and can't expect sales to be front loaded like with other flagships. They're better off keeping production low and sell consistently as more and more people learn about the product and buy in. Should sales start increasing significantly, then they could always ramp up, which is much better than over building and writing off.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-26-15 04:33 AM
    Yes, but no carriers, in the US, and in many, many other parts of the world have even heard of the Priv yet. Once the carriers announce, once they are in store, once we see some form of advertising (even if it's blah marketing), the sales will increase. To 13,700+ per day? Beats me, but an increase nonetheless.
    What makes you think the carriers haven't heard of it? Because a front line employee said that? That indicates absolutely nothing.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-26-15 04:43 AM
    Wouldn't the low stock level of the PRIV indicate that BlackBerry has a realistic expectation for sales? They're not a rockstar anymore and can't expect sales to be front loaded like with other flagships. They're better off keeping production low and sell consistently as more and more people learn about the product and buy in. Should sales start increasing significantly, then they could always ramp up, which is much better than over building and writing off.
    Its a good point - I wonder how big the intital production run for the Priv is? Surely not very high.
    10-26-15 06:11 AM
    not sure if US and UK have same total preorder quantity but UK shows now: We are sorry but there is not enough quantity in stock to complete this order. We have 291 available. Please update your quantity.

I preordered from carphonewarehouse (monthly tariff)
    10-26-15 07:32 AM
    not sure if US and UK have same total preorder quantity but UK shows now: We are sorry but there is not enough quantity in stock to complete this order. We have 291 available. Please update your quantity.

I preordered from carphonewarehouse (monthly tariff)
    Seems to be that US was 1000, Can was same and UK was 500.
    10-26-15 07:54 AM
    This doesn't mean squat. Only people like us even know about it. This device will bring lots of folks back to BlackBerry once they realize it's out there.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Silver Passport!
    but members here have highlighted how the Priv received "great" interest in Android blogs and now this. Yes it means something and like the Passport it will not sell in any meaningful number mainly because other Android flagships are superior and cheaper.
    10-26-15 09:04 AM
    but members here have highlighted how the Priv received "great" interest in Android blogs and now this. Yes it means something and like the Passport it will not sell in any meaningful number mainly because other Android flagships are superior and cheaper.
    Except it turns out that other Android flagships aren't superior and aren't cheaper. Pricing seems to be on par, except that the other flagships have existing financing through carriers. If BlackBerry does have carriers on board this time, then the stick shock won't be there for the general public.
    10-26-15 11:23 AM
    Except it turns out that other Android flagships aren't superior and aren't cheaper. Pricing seems to be on par, except that the other flagships have existing financing through carriers. If BlackBerry does have carriers on board this time, then the stick shock won't be there for the general public.
    We do not know that the PRIV is superior. You would hope that BlackBerry did some unbiased testing.

Given factors external to the phone itself (first Android, BlackBerry uncertainties and other intangibled), I would have priced it the same as a LG.

The other view is that folks who want a slider will pay more just because no one else makes a good slider.

If BlackBerry can make Android secure and private then the price appears more reasonable.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 01:13 PM
    We do not know that the PRIV is superior. You would hope that BlackBerry did some unbiased testing.

Given factors external to the phone itself (first Android, BlackBerry uncertainties and other intangibled), I would have priced it the same as a LG.

The other view is that folks who want a slider will pay more just because no one else makes a good slider.

If BlackBerry can make Android secure and private then the price appears more reasonable.
    We know the final PRIV specs now. The worry was that BlackBerry skimped on some specs but they didn't. They're on par with the other flagships on specs and pricing.

The LG is the only flagship priced so much lower than the other flagships. BlackBerry doesn't need to match it. LG may very well be making a last attempt at the market given how poorly their sales have been. Desperate pricing is not sustainable.

People who want a keyboard will probably consider $80 USD extra for it, the price of the Samsung keyboard attachment. Even in the iPhone market, the Typo was about $100.

At the consumer level, people don't consider paying extra for security/privacy. They just expect it. Enterprise will pay extra for it though.
    MO3iusONE likes this.
    10-26-15 01:47 PM
    We shall see. Some phones definitely have better camera's than others. Some phones tend to lag more than others. Some might be concerned with the size or ergonomics. The PKB may be loved or not. Is the Blackberry skin better than the competition. The weight or thickness and overall size might be an issue. Lastly, BlackBerry has a very poor rep outside of CB.

They can not be just as good, they need to hit a home run.

Posted via CB10
    dejanh likes this.
    10-26-15 03:44 PM
    slow sales in UK I think
    it shows now We have 273 available.
    10-26-15 06:10 PM
    We know the final PRIV specs now. The worry was that BlackBerry skimped on some specs but they didn't. They're on par with the other flagships on specs and pricing.

The LG is the only flagship priced so much lower than the other flagships. BlackBerry doesn't need to match it. LG may very well be making a last attempt at the market given how poorly their sales have been. Desperate pricing is not sustainable.

People who want a keyboard will probably consider $80 USD extra for it, the price of the Samsung keyboard attachment. Even in the iPhone market, the Typo was about $100.

At the consumer level, people don't consider paying extra for security/privacy. They just expect it. Enterprise will pay extra for it though.
    Yep, I almost thought about going back to an iPhone for that typo-o case. I almost thought about getting the note 5 for that keyboard case... Then BAM! Info about the Priv started trickling out.
    nonamenomore likes this.
    10-26-15 06:43 PM
    Am seriously considering it. Calculating the cost, using Comgateway to Malaysia :-)
    Yup buddy just support blackberry all the way ! this could be the very last . all the best =) i'm using Vpost
    10-27-15 11:03 AM
    What makes you think the carriers haven't heard of it? Because a front line employee said that? That indicates absolutely nothing.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    The company is aware but not too many store or telephonic sales employees. Just call around. Also, since the carriers don't offer it yet (US), tough to judge sales.
    10-27-15 01:25 PM
    I think some folks have entirely TOO much time on their hands! lol
    10-28-15 12:19 PM
144 ... 456