After reading so much negativity I finally found a working Priv at a Telus store on display today. All I can say is wow.

1. The hardware is stunning. Well made, well balanced and not heavy at all. No "creeks" that I could find either.
    2. Screen is beautiful. Not over saturated and colors were very nice. Love the function and look of the curve too!
    3. Function. I realize there may be some little software glitches but after 20 minutes on the thing I saw no lags or studders. OS was as smooth as any high end Android phone I have seen.

Overall very impressed. I realize many people have never seen a BlackBerry Priv but if you are thinking of ordering all I can say is go for it!!

I will be buying next month. Would buy now but my car needs repairs. :-( Life happens.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    11-11-15 06:40 PM
    This is why more should try before leaving negative comments.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my Blackberry Priv
    Mr4aces and MitchFlynn24_7 like this.
    11-11-15 06:44 PM
    this is why more should try before leaving negative comments.

Posted via the crackberry app on my blackberry priv
    +1

sqw 100-4 / 10.3.2.2789
    11-11-15 07:05 PM
    This is why more should try before leaving negative comments.

Posted via the CrackBerry App on my Blackberry Priv
    Ya.. I think if I made a decision off all the posts here as a whole I would never buy one. My 20 minutes on the Priv was like Christmas in November!

11-11-15 07:08 PM
    Ya.. I think if I made a decision off all the posts here as a whole I would never buy one. My 20 minutes on the Priv was like Christmas in November!

It's a stellar device very unique compared to other android devices.
    11-11-15 07:09 PM
    It's a huge hit in my household !

Posted via CB10
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-11-15 07:12 PM
    That's what I've been saying - the ones that have not seen it in real life bash it based on what they've read and the ones that have seen it at the stores and bash it based on their 15 to 45 minutes of use with the device tethered with cables and clamps are either: a) did not get a good feel for the phone because of the security devices attached to it, b) BB10 die hards that refuse to let go, c) can't afford the phone but want to justify it buy saying it's a POS, d) they genuinely don't like it (which is fine) but no need to try and influence others with their negativity especially when they don't even own the phone themselves (and these people know who they are LOL)
    11-11-15 07:17 PM
    If I must use a smartphone running Google Android then it is BlackBerry Priv for me. Six days with the BlackBerry Priv has confirmed that BlackBerry is on the right track but the lack of marketing is worrisome.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    Mr4aces and Quorist like this.
    11-11-15 07:17 PM
    You have to go to Android Central to read all the positive posts.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-11-15 07:26 PM
    Cant wait to get mine.
    11-11-15 07:41 PM
    After reading so much negativity I finally found a working Priv at a Telus store on display today. All I can say is wow.

Can you tell me if you tried the phone in the Toronto area. Ive called many Bell and Rogers stores and none have a working unit.

Thanks

11-11-15 07:59 PM
    Priv gets better by the day...excellent battery life and like others have said, early Christmas all week. Really liked the Passport, but the Priv is so much better, especially with all the Android apps. Priv combines the best of many past BBs that we all had and liked a lot. Slider keyboard is a great option for some inputs, and VKB is nice too. Recommend the hard slider case for protection and balance is perfect. Easily slips into a pocket now, where the Passport was sometimes too wide with a hard case.

AT&T Priv STV100-1
    Mr4aces likes this.
    11-11-15 08:06 PM
    Great Thread. I purchased the PRIV from AT&T on the launch day with enthusiasm. However, over the weekend I felt discouraged by all the negative posts and thought that I had made a mistake purchasing the phone. I came off the passport to the PRIV and would say that it was an adjustment that was both tolerable and frustrating at the same time. Almost a week in and I love the PRIV for the reasons I disliked in the passport. Its just a whole different experience. I do miss the workhorse productive passport but am finding that the PRIV is capable of doing it but just in a different way. At any rate, thank you for putting a positive thread out there to support blackberry and the PRIV.

11-11-15 08:09 PM
    Priv gets better by the day...excellent battery life and like others have said, early Christmas all week. Really liked the Passport, but the Priv is so much better, especially with all the Android apps. Priv combines the best of many past BBs that we all had and liked a lot. Slider keyboard is a great option for some inputs, and VKB is nice too. Recommend the hard slider case for protection and balance is perfect. Easily slips into a pocket now, where the Passport was sometimes too wide with a hard case.

AT&T Priv STV100-1
    That I agree. Battery is getting better by the day. They actually do work themselves in. Love this phone. Way better than my Z30 and iPhone 6

posted from my Priv!
    11-11-15 08:11 PM
    Grinning!

Great phone. I finally get to use dishanywhere!
    11-11-15 08:16 PM
    Can you tell me if you tried the phone in the Toronto area. Ive called many Bell and Rogers stores and none have a working unit.

Thanks

Telus store at Oakville Place.

11-11-15 09:12 PM
    That I agree. Battery is getting better by the day. They actually do work themselves in. Love this phone. Way better than my Z30 and iPhone 6

posted from my Priv!
    I'm sure. Batteries usually take a few uses to get up to full efficiency.

11-11-15 09:17 PM
    I'm sure. Batteries usually take a few uses to get up to full efficiency.

That's no theory. Battery doesn't need any amount of usage to be in its full efficiency. It's just the OS is settling down, and the downloading etc, you use the phone a lot when you get it, the usage pattern reduces and the background running tasks reduces, so the battery lasts longer.

Posted via CB10
    11-11-15 09:21 PM
    That's no theory. Battery doesn't need any amount of usage to be in its full efficiency. It's just the OS is settling down, and the downloading etc, you use the phone a lot when you get it, the usage pattern reduces and the background running tasks reduces, so the battery lasts longer.

Posted via CB10
    Good to know. You certainly do tend to use a phone a lot out of the box. Only natural to play with your new toy.

:-)

11-12-15 08:11 AM