For the love of all that's holy, would someone please clarify something for me? I'm looking to be cheap and not drop $700 after taxes on a no BS, unlocked, bloat-free Priv. The same one that Blackberry sells and supports themselves - NOT a carrier version.

The Amazon listing is the Wild West. Most 3rd party sellers are shipping a SIM unlocked AT&T variant. That's no bueno. I don't want molasses updates, I want the version that shopblackberry sells, again at a lower price (can't we have it all, folks?)

Is it safe to assume:

1. The version "ships from and sold by Amazon" is in fact the unmolested pure version?
    2. I snagged a "warehousedeals" unit today for $367. It's shipped from and sold by warehousedeals, which is simply the returns warehouse for "shipped from and sold by Amazon" buyer returns. This logic would suggest I'd be getting a pure Priv unit that someone just didn't like and returned, at a deep discount, NOT an AT&T one, correct?

Anyone shed some light here? I'm about to cancel it before it ships due to the sketchyness of this entire buying process.

Thanks
    05-09-16 10:05 PM
    There is no light to be shed as no one has any idea as to where the devices came from initially. Any answers would pretty much be just a guess or based on a previous purchase, which could also go awry. One person's experience doesn't always equate to the same experience for another. You said it yourself, Amazon is the wild west when it comes to listings. Anyone can sell something on there, and it could still fall under the 'shipped by Amazon' thing because, well, that's how Amazon works. You ship stuff to them when you list it and they ship it out when sold.

At this point, all evidence points in the direction that AT&T unloaded a bunch of them for bulk sale and they've filtered out to resellers. Had that not of happened, it would be a much easier scenario to break down. Unless you have contact with the seller and they confirm to you that it is indeed NOT an AT&T unlocked version, I would be wary buying any of them for 'cheap' unless you're willing to accept an AT&T unlocked version and not a factory unlocked version or have a lot a faith in the returns system.
    zephyr613 likes this.
    05-09-16 10:19 PM
    I read in other thread someone got it sold by amazon.com for $564 is the factory unlocked
    05-09-16 10:21 PM
    there is a chance that you are right, you will know in few days... however, the cheapest and safest way to get an unlocked device it's getting one that reads as the tittle of the thread says... hopefully you grab the unlocked one for a great price... good luck!

For the love of all that's holy, would someone please clarify something for me? I'm looking to be cheap and not drop $700 after taxes on a no BS, unlocked, bloat-free Priv. The same one that Blackberry sells and supports themselves - NOT a carrier version.

The Amazon listing is the Wild West. Most 3rd party sellers are shipping a SIM unlocked AT&T variant. That's no bueno. I don't want molasses updates, I want the version that shopblackberry sells, again at a lower price (can't we have it all, folks?)

Is it safe to assume:

1. The version "ships from and sold by Amazon" is in fact the unmolested pure version?
    2. I snagged a "warehousedeals" unit today for $367. It's shipped from and sold by warehousedeals, which is simply the returns warehouse for "shipped from and sold by Amazon" buyer returns. This logic would suggest I'd be getting a pure Priv unit that someone just didn't like and returned, at a deep discount, NOT an AT&T one, correct?

Anyone shed some light here? I'm about to cancel it before it ships due to the sketchyness of this entire buying process.

Thanks
    05-09-16 10:24 PM
    Thanks for the responses. I'm tempted to bail on it, but maybe for fun I'll see what shows up. If my intuition is correct, warehousedeals only receives back returns from products "shipped from and sold my Amazon" i.e. from their own warehouse (not BREED or those other 3rd party sellers).

By this reasoning, it should be the black box one that Amazon sells direct. The one that matches the actual listing, not a scummy unlocked AT&T model. Man, resellers are shady. The Q&A for the Priv listing is funny with all the sellers chiming in to this question "it's the same, you wil get updates fast! buy now!" Lol, no. They know what they are up to.
    05-09-16 10:40 PM
    Thanks for the responses. I'm tempted to bail on it, but maybe for fun I'll see what shows up. If my intuition is correct, warehousedeals only receives back returns from products "shipped from and sold my Amazon" i.e. from their own warehouse (not BREED or those other 3rd party sellers).

By this reasoning, it should be the black box one that Amazon sells direct. The one that matches the actual listing, not a scummy unlocked AT&T model. Man, resellers are shady. The Q&A for the Priv listing is funny with all the sellers chiming in to this question "it's the same, you wil get updates fast! buy now!" Lol, no. They know what they are up to.
    Well, good luck either way man. Let us know how things turn out. The info may help others in the same / similar situation.
    05-10-16 12:41 AM
    I read in other thread someone got it sold by amazon.com for $564 is the factory unlocked
    Lowest was 556 actually.

http://camelcamelcamel.com/PRIV-Blac...context=browse
    05-10-16 06:18 AM
    05-10-16 06:25 AM

Is it safe to assume:

Thanks
    I wouldn't buy it unless they can prove it's a pure Blackberry Priv and not some bloatware infested device. Email the seller and ask for guarantees.

Rock'n the Marshmallow boosted Priv!
    raino and andy957 like this.
    05-10-16 08:30 AM
    when it's your package due to arrive? i wonder if your logic was right and you will get a slightly used priv for a very good price... let us know and good luck!

05-10-16 09:11 AM
    They fell off the back of a truck...

Posted via CB10
    andy957 likes this.
    05-10-16 09:31 AM
    hahaha... the other day a fellow crackberrian was saying that when he received his phone, the literally saw the delivery guy dropping the package in front of him... so, I guess our friends here could be getting one of these "I didn't like it" returns hahaha (by the way, I hope not)

They fell off the back of a truck...

Posted via CB10
    Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-10-16 09:46 AM
    I ended up canceling it. I'll let someone else gamble. Don't feel like risking a return "ding" by Amazon's rating system. They will ban you for too many, I'd rather not play the game.
    andy957 likes this.
    05-10-16 11:00 AM
    man! Where it's your explorer's spirit!

I would have done the same, just put some extra money and get the "real thing"...

I ended up canceling it. I'll let someone else gamble.
    05-10-16 11:08 AM
    He speaks the truth. I have one that I recently purchased.
    05-10-16 11:17 AM
    He speaks the truth. I have one that I recently purchased.
    I bought the $564 ships and sold by Amazon one. It was the true factory unlocked model.

Skip the third party sellers.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    05-10-16 11:30 AM
    Was it advertised as the AT&T version or not? If it wasn't and you get the AT&T version, you can return it without an issue. They don't put a ban on your account for returning to many as long as you have a valid reason. I've returned over 50 things over the course of like 2 years and never had an issue
    05-10-16 02:41 PM
    Was it advertised as the AT&T version or not?
    The problem--as I'm understanding it--is that they are advertising it only as STV100-1..which is factually correct for both the AT&T and factory unlocked variants. You have to push to get the "AT&T branded or not?" detail out of individual (third party) sellers.

Then you have sellers misrepresenting (willfully or ignorantly, I don't know) the speed of update arrivals for AT&T units as being the same as factory unlocked model, so it gets really confusing.
    Sparksx likes this.
    05-10-16 04:03 PM
    Isn't it well know that every blackberry shipped and sold directly from Amazon is factory unlocked unless stated otherwise? I know someone that bought a Pride from them a couple of weeks ago and it was factory unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-16 04:26 PM
    Isn't it well know that every blackberry shipped and sold directly from Amazon is factory unlocked unless stated otherwise? I know someone that bought a Pride from them a couple of weeks ago and it was factory unlocked.

Posted via CB10
    From Amazon yes. From Amazon Marketplace no.
    05-10-16 05:11 PM
    You know what's hilarious, I wanted to file a claim through assurion for my att priv and they sent me a passport because they were out of stock on the priv. Had to argue that a bb10 phone and priv were 2 completely different phones so it'll be interesting to see what they send me next.

andy957 likes this.
    05-10-16 05:51 PM
    This is some interesting information!
    So I got my Priv in an at&t store
    Do I not have the factory original device ?

Also , it's possible on amazon to say, sold and shipped by amazon even if a third party is the one supplying it
    It's called vendor central
    It's where amazon gives 3rd party sellers , purchase orders , and they own and pay for their orders and then sell on amazon, they control the prices etc
    However I would find it hard to believe based on what I know about vendor central, that amazon would already be purchasing them from a 3rd party seller
    But hey I could be wrong

raino likes this.
    05-10-16 06:18 PM
    hahaha with your luck you will get now a 9810, and the rep will say after you complain again: but sir, you said the priv was a slider...

You know what's hilarious, I wanted to file a claim through assurion for my att priv and they sent me a passport because they were out of stock on the priv. Had to argue that a bb10 phone and priv were 2 completely different phones so it'll be interesting to see what they send me next.

andy957 likes this.
    05-10-16 06:40 PM
    This is some interesting information!
    So I got my Priv in an at&t store
    Do I not have the factory original device ?
    You bought from a US GSM carrier. This means the phone is branded and SIM locked. It's a genuine Priv though...assuming the store was legit.

Also , it's possible on amazon to say, sold and shipped by amazon even if a third party is the one supplying it
    It's called vendor central
    It's where amazon gives 3rd party sellers , purchase orders , and they own and pay for their orders and then sell on amazon, they control the prices etc
    However I would find it hard to believe based on what I know about vendor central, that amazon would already be purchasing them from a 3rd party seller
    But hey I could be wrong
    Yikes. Didn't know this existed. Even more confusion! I guess on the flip side, you can expect better customer service (like chat with Amazon and ask if this is an AT&T unlocked or factory unlocked Priv they're selling.)
    05-10-16 07:24 PM

warehousedeals isn't only returns, could be a box with a scuff or scrape in it.
    05-10-16 07:37 PM
67 123