Sorry if this has been discussed already but I haven't seen it.

Does anyone know how to enable sending a text from the enter key on the physical keyboard like BB10 devices with physical keyboards can?

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows how.
    11-15-15 12:23 AM
    I was forced to use Textra when I had an issue with MMS. I'm glad though, because it's much better than the stock Messenger app. Also, it has the option to send on Enter press.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android... on my Priv!
    Livermore likes this.
    11-15-15 12:37 AM
    Do you mean you have a Q10, Q5, Classic or Passport?

to enable/disable sending with Enter key, go into
    HUB>...>Setings>TextMessaging>

The second point (0/1) enables/disables the needed option

Send texts via enter key (Physical Keyboard)-img_20151115_074808.png
    11-15-15 12:49 AM
    No, I have a Priv. How do you send texts with the physical enter key?
    11-15-15 01:09 AM
    I was forced to use Textra when I had an issue with MMS. I'm glad though, because it's much better than the stock Messenger app. Also, it has the option to send on Enter press.

Thanks for this. Just downloaded Textra and its so much better than the stock android messenger. Very customizable and you can send texts with the physical enter key! Thanks alot
    11-15-15 01:48 AM
    Will textra text show up in the HUB?

Sent from Jiggy's Priv. . . .
    11-15-15 02:39 AM
    Do you mean you have a Q10, Q5, Classic or Passport?

to enable/disable sending with Enter key, go into
    HUB>...>Setings>TextMessaging>

The second point (0/1) enables/disables the needed option

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20151115_074808.png 
Views:	811 
Size:	76.4 KB 
ID:	380674
    Really?

Sent from Jiggy's Priv. . . .
    11-15-15 02:41 AM
    Just installed Textra and it does integrate into the hub. Also, when I back out of a text I remain in the hub!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    I tried to integrate Textra into the Hub, and I encountered three issues (none of which are show stoppers, but they annoyed me):

1. When clicking on a text, a Textra "pop up" appeared to view and respond. It did not load the actual app. This is either a good thing or not, depending on your point of view. What annoyed me was that in playing with all the Textra settings, I could not disable this.

2. When a new message comes in, the Hub does update, however, new messages are not marked as yellow "unread". They stay gray. So you don't know you have a new text unless you look to regular Android notifications.

3. When backing out of a text conversation (while in the actual Textra app, not the pop up), it first backs out to the Textra landing page with all your conversations. Another back press is required to return to Hub.

For these issues, I have chosen evolveSMS as my app of choice. It looks 1000x better than Google's horrible Messenger app and integrates into Hub better. Hub->SMS app->Hub transitions are 3x faster with evolveSMS vs. the junk Messenger app.

That said, Textra is without a doubt the absolute best SMS app made for Android. It is 100% reliable with MMS, somehow works when other fail. And is has press enter to send. For the life of me, I can't figure out why other apps don't have this!!!

But I use evolveSMS due to the best Hub integration I've found.

In the end though, BB badly needs to make their own SMS app with perfect Hub integration. Messages is horrible, and the integration is worse. This was a poor choice for a shortcut, and it's just not smooth.

UrbanGlowCam likes this.
    11-15-15 07:21 AM

Who's your carrier?

11-15-15 07:21 AM
    Sorry if this has been discussed already but I haven't seen it.

Does anyone know how to enable sending a text from the enter key on the physical keyboard like BB10 devices with physical keyboards can?

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows how.
    I'm trying to figure this out as well. Will let you know if I come up with a solution.
    11-15-15 08:01 AM
    I'm trying to figure this out as well. Will let you know if I come up with a solution.
    Read the thread. The solution is to use a different SMS app like Textra, with mixed results as I stated in post #8.
    11-15-15 08:20 AM
    Read the thread. The solution is to use a different SMS app like Textra, with mixed results as I stated in post #8.
    I can read. That's a workaround, not a solution.
    11-15-15 09:58 AM
    It would annoy me to no end to have the return button on either the vkb or the pkb send a text. I don't want to have to worry about a slip of the finger sending a text prematurely, or even to the wrong person. Also, the return button is used to drop the cursor down to the next line...? I can't recall any phone that worked in this way.

Hey does the Priv have an undo text feature? I recall seeing some commercial where a guy tackles his boss to prevent him reading a text...then it showed the feature deleting the text before it is read...would show as "deleted" on the bosses phone. Is this bbm?
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-15-15 at 10:26 AM.
    11-15-15 10:13 AM
    This is how android works. If your app doesn't support what you want just get another one. It's not a workaround, it's working as intended
    11-15-15 10:18 AM
    I would hate to have the return button on either the vkb or the pkb send a text...I want to be sure when and what I am sending...don't want to have to worry about a slip of the finger. Also, the return button is used to drop the cursor down to the next line...? I can't recall any phone that worked in this way.
    Every single BlackBerry phone, arguably the 'grandfather' of all smartphones with full keyboards, has had enter to send. Why would you want to make a paragraph in a text message?

This only became a problem on iphone because the virtual keyboard they have is horrendous and it would have been a disaster if enter could send messages.
    And since the android was an iphone copy from its beginnings that habit has followed through

On a vkb BlackBerry, enter will send messages, and if you scour these forums you will almost never find anyone complaining about the behavior.
    11-15-15 10:21 AM
    Every single BlackBerry phone, arguably the 'grandfather' of all smartphones with full keyboards, has had enter to send. Why would you want to make a paragraph in a text message?

This only became a problem on iphone because the virtual keyboard they have is horrendous and it would have been a disaster if enter could send messages.
    And since the android was an iphone copy from its beginnings that habit has followed through

On a vkb BlackBerry, enter will send messages, and if you scour these forums you will almost never find anyone complaining about the behavior.
    The delete button is right above the return button...how many times are you going to be trying to edit a mistake and fire off the message???? I'm glad common sense has prevailed.

P.S. Ever text a shopping list to somebody?
    eggs
    milk
    cheese
    etc
    11-15-15 10:29 AM
    Shift + Enter will move the cursor down a line in a text (BlackBerry 10).
    11-15-15 10:49 AM
    It would annoy me to no end to have the return button on either the vkb or the pkb send a text. I don't want to have to worry about a slip of the finger sending a text prematurely..
    So you're worried about premature textation? LOL.
    11-15-15 12:03 PM
    It would annoy me to no end to have the return button on either the vkb or the pkb send a text. I don't want to have to worry about a slip of the finger sending a text prematurely, or even to the wrong person. Also, the return button is used to drop the cursor down to the next line...? I can't recall any phone that worked in this way.

Hey does the Priv have an undo text feature? I recall seeing some commercial where a guy tackles his boss to prevent him reading a text...then it showed the feature deleting the text before it is read...would show as "deleted" on the bosses phone. Is this bbm?
    Once you get used to it, you won't do it by accident. If you have return key to send the text, you press shift+return keys to do cursor to the next line
    11-15-15 12:21 PM
    I agree.

Denny_Crane likes this.
    11-15-15 01:26 PM
    Well i see both sides: linebreaks in txt are needed and sending via single Enter can be odd sometimes.

On the other hand with PKB all actions should be possible on the keys and having to reach screen for sending is odd too.

Think the best solution for me is sym...+Enter for newline and double enter sends the message (first single enter marks the sending button as "warning next enter really sends it" and second enter sends the message. )

But as always choices would be great.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    11-16-15 12:19 AM
    What's wrong with everyone? I've never had an issue hitting the enter button instead of backspace/delete. How isn't that a standard feature?? That's rather annoying. Seems like a lot of issues need to be fixed before I try the Priv. Sucks, seems like a really neat phone
    11-16-15 01:47 AM