Don't wish to start a debate but I just dropped my priv into the pool, immersed in water for at last 8 - 10 seconds initially I was freaking out but when I got it out I dried it off on my shirt and it was working perfectly I know they don't advertise this phone as waterproof but damn there's not even evidence of water anywhere in the phone , very pleased

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-05-16 01:22 AM
    It remains to be seen since water sourly reached the internal components and maybe started to corrode some components.
    You should have just turned it off and put it in a bag of rice, just to be sure and take it out after a few days
    Keep us updated if it turns into a dragon and grants you a wish
    FF22 and Superfly_FR like this.
    06-05-16 02:38 AM
    turns into a dragon and grants you a wish
    Dragon Ball reference?

Also, this should temporarily fix anyones overheating issues.
    MehdiQ, russnash and ruleuno like this.
    06-05-16 02:59 AM
    Dragon Ball reference?

Also, this should temporarily fix anyones overheating issues.
    Maybe if he first collected 7 Privs.

*ME173X
    06-05-16 04:21 AM
    Seriously, OP. Have that phone checked out. The Priv isn't waterproof.

*ME173X
    deadcowboy and FF22 like this.
    06-05-16 04:23 AM
    I agree with Scovik: Either rice or desiccant for overnight at least, or a day or two. Obviously, water (or liquid) has to displace whatever air is inside so the few openings probably did not succumb to the entrance of water immediately. But some may have entered.

Good luck.
    06-05-16 09:15 AM
    Trust me its not water proof Turn it off and put in a bag of rice
    CivilDissident likes this.
    06-05-16 09:16 AM
    This is an interesting video of the Passport being submerged in water for minutes.

I think all phones are fairly water resistant these days.
    06-05-16 09:22 AM
    Trust me its not water proof Turn it off and put in a bag of rice
    Which Priv did you end up using? The new one or the one moistened by the screen protector application?

06-05-16 09:23 AM
    This is an interesting video of the Passport being submerged in water for minutes.

I think all phones are fairly water resistant these days.
    Now that is intriguing... I would have been interested to see a follow up '48hours' later... Did the Passport remain functional? I can tell you my Classic fell in the stream last summer and never lost a beat... But that was only a 30 seconds at best thing... Not swooshed around in the water for several mins...

06-05-16 09:33 AM
    Now that is intriguing... I would have been interested to see a follow up '48hours' later... Did the Passport remain functional? I can tell you my Classic fell in the stream last summer and never lost a beat... But that was only a 30 seconds at best thing... Not swooshed around in the water for several mins...

I and a Canon S80 (I think) fell in a stream. The camera was drenched. Water poured out of the case. Water poured out of the battery/card compartment. The lens was fogged as was the view finder/screen. Pulled out both the card and battery. As we drove for the next two or so hours, I hung the camera (compartment opened) in front of the air conditioner and rotated it periodically. When we got to our destination I placed the camera in a very hot sunny place for another 3 or 4 hours. Risked it and put in the card and battery. Was terrific for the rest of that trip and more trips that year. So stuff can take a bit of torture but it is not recommended. And this camera is NOT waterproof.
    CivilDissident and Carl Estes like this.
    06-05-16 11:22 AM
    Which Priv did you end up using? The new one or the one moistened by the screen protector application?

the one i got wet putting the screen protector on, it came back to life and works like a champ, the one I ordered from Amazon was a unlocked ATT branded phone so I sent it back for a full refund
    CivilDissident likes this.
    06-05-16 11:22 AM
    This Priv is still functional because it was blazing hot from use before going into the water!

Guess those heating issue come in handy.

06-05-16 12:38 PM
    Cool story bro, but take others advise. Dry it of over night ......
    Thud Hardsmack likes this.
    06-05-16 12:43 PM
    Maybe if he first collected 7 Privs.

*ME173X
    Great now this thread will go on forever and barely go anywhere

Posted via CB10
    06-05-16 01:00 PM
    My Z30 got drenched while in my pocket as we hiked in a downpour. It made the screen go wonky after a day or so.

Posted via CB10
    06-05-16 01:49 PM
    Great now this thread will go on forever and barely go anywhere

Posted via CB10
    Much like those about the price reduction.😁😁😁
    06-05-16 02:37 PM
    Yeah right.

I get a little bit of water in my Priv's speaker and the speaker dies for 24-48 hours.

8-10 seconds? It's toast.
    06-05-16 06:56 PM
    put it in a bag of rice, just to be sure and take it out after a few days
    it is possible to cook that rice after those days with the BB or should you consider to throw it away to the garbage?

Just in case, who knows xD
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    06-05-16 07:37 PM
    I spilled some water on mine just yesterday. Just a spray of water from the garden hose.. Phone shut off by itself, drained 20% in 3 hrs (while off) and the volume setting kept increasing to full. Oh and my lock button didn't work..

Seems fine now though... anyway, Ive been wanting to send it in for a repair cos I have pixel bleed. Do any of u know if the priv has those water indicators? I.e. those white stickers that turn red upon contact w water?

06-05-16 07:59 PM
    I'm going to soak my PRIV in a bucket of water to test the theory

06-05-16 09:34 PM
    Once a phone gets water damaged, it'll never be the same. I usually would just get a new phone

06-05-16 10:12 PM
    I spilled some water on mine just yesterday. Just a spray of water from the garden hose.. Phone shut off by itself, drained 20% in 3 hrs (while off) and the volume setting kept increasing to full. Oh and my lock button didn't work..

Seems fine now though... anyway, Ive been wanting to send it in for a repair cos I have pixel bleed. Do any of u know if the priv has those water indicators? I.e. those white stickers that turn red upon contact w water?

Yes it has those indicators, prior to returning my previous unit, I was asked to confirm the color inside the sim card slot. Otherwise I'd a been charged for the returned phone.

Posted from my BB PRIV via CB for Android
    06-05-16 10:19 PM

I applied on mine a wet screen protector BUT, I turned off the phone, put as little solution as possible on the protective film and applied it, after that I left it over night (abou 12-13 hours in total) and that was it, so long story short I ended up using the one moistened by the screen protector application
    The fact that I am certain it is not waterproof (like a certified IP58 phone), is that it's not in the specs, a thing like this doesn't escape marketing, even BB marketing, so a friendly advice for all Priv users, if you get the phone wet, make sure you bag it and tag it in rice

Otherwise it may turn into a cylon and attack your *** late at night when you will see only it's red glowing "eye"
    Nathan Conley likes this.
    06-06-16 01:15 AM
    I believe the word you're looking for is 'lucky'.
    artemis-kun likes this.
    06-06-16 02:28 AM
42 12