After the latest update, wich was installed just a couple of days ago, my BlackBerry Priv suddenly doesn't support the SD card any longer. I get a message that "this unit does not support Lexar SD card" , and now the data on the card is unreadable. If I am to use the card, it will require that it is formatted, wich of course I do not wish to do. I've been using the card since the phone was new last summer without any problems until now. Anything to do about this? Wait for a new update?
    02-17-17 09:40 AM
    Can you read the data off a card reader on your computer? If not, the SD card is corrupted, and it's not the phone's problem.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-17-17 09:42 AM
    Can you read the data off a card reader on your computer? If not, the SD card is corrupted, and it's not the phone's problem.
    Definitely this, hopefully the op will respond with an update so we can better assist them.
    02-17-17 09:58 PM
    If he/she set it up as internal originally, it's not going to read in a PC card reader.

More info needed, card size, internal or external?
    02-18-17 08:16 AM
    If he/she set it up as internal originally, it's not going to read in a PC card reader.

More info needed, card size, internal or external?
    That's true, I forgot about that. If OP set it up for internal storage it'll be much harder to recover.
    Another simple test is to put another card in the phone and see if that works.
    02-18-17 10:11 AM
    While we're on the subject, there are a lot of counterfeit cards out there, even from normally reputable vendors.
    This is a good little app that will verify the card, including who actually made it.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ogic.sdi&hl=en
    02-19-17 07:42 AM
    As far as I can remember it was set up as an external card. It was a SD card from my previous phone and I don't think I set it up internally. Anyhow, it is a Lexar high-speed 32GB micro SD-card, and it cannot be read by my computer or by my old phone, so most likely it has for some reason been damaged, and it was just a coincidence that I discovered it just after an update... I've also tried another sd card, wich worked just fine, and when I reinserted the Lexar card it is now labeled as 'damaged'...
    02-20-17 02:25 PM
    Tried the app as well. The report states that it is a LEXAR SD card from sep 2011, though created by Barun electronics, but I guess that's ok? If the card is really damaged, wich it seems to be, I guess that a tempted recovery will be a bit over the top. All though it is rather annoying to have lost all the data that was on it, it's mostly replacable, so I guess I'll survive...
    02-20-17 02:56 PM
    After I did the recent update I'm having the same issue. My phone and laptop no longer recognize the card. All my data is gone! I have decided I don't want to chance it again so I'm going careless from now on.
    02-20-17 04:50 PM
    LEXAR SD card from sep 2011, though created by Barun electronics,
    Not completely sure, but I don't think Lexar actually makes SD cards, if app said said Lexar, then it's most likely legit and meets Lexar's standards.

I've never had an SD go bad, I also got in the habit, a long time ago of turning device off, before removing or inserting. I realize you shouldn't have to, but it's habit, and really isn't that big a deal.
    And for what it's worth Samsung and SanDisk seem to be the least, (if ever) mentioned as being corrupted.
    02-22-17 12:02 PM