Before you ask.

Yes the device is updated and yes exfat is installed.

I got my replacement priv. The other one had a screen wobble. This new one only has an issue with the right side of the 0 key not clicking and the left side of the sym not clicking. Otherwise it is fine so far.

So. The issue is my 64gb micro ds xc card is detected by the phone but I can not mount it or veiw the contents of it.

I can't format or mount it and when I try to format it says it is being checked.

My other priv can read it fine. This one can not for some reason.

Any ideas?
    02-10-16 12:20 PM
    Any chance your card is of the Samsung variety? My 64gb won't work in Priv either. Same troubleshooting as you.
    02-10-16 12:24 PM
    Lexar I believe.
    02-10-16 12:27 PM
    Maybe try a reformat using a desktop?
    02-10-16 12:39 PM
    Was it encrypted on the first Priv?
    02-10-16 12:51 PM
    Was it encrypted on the first Priv?
    I honestly have no idea. How do I check?
    02-10-16 12:52 PM
    Do you still have the old one? If so, put the SD card in, go to settings and search for Encryption. You should get a screen that will show SD card encryption status. If encrypted, you may have to decrypt or format the card from the old phone with encryption turned off.

Otherwise, you may have to format from a PC.
    02-10-16 01:24 PM
    Do you still have the old one? If so, put the SD card in, go to settings and search for Encryption. You should get a screen that will show SD card encryption status. If encrypted, you may have to decrypt or format the card from the old phone with encryption turned off.

Otherwise, you may have to format from a PC.
    Agreed. I believe the Priv defaults to Encrypt phone>Encrypted. You might be hooped if you no longer have the other phone.

Format from a PC and go from there.
    02-10-16 01:34 PM
    Agreed. I believe the Priv defaults to Encrypt phone>Encrypted. You might be hooped if you no longer have the other phone.

Format from a PC and go from there.

I have the other phone, but there isn't any option to de-encrypt it. I can click on the encrypt button but it doesn't open anything or do anything.
    02-10-16 01:54 PM
    I have the other phone, but there isn't any option to de-encrypt it. I can click on the encrypt button but it doesn't open anything or do anything.
    Back up or copy the content to a computer, then format the card on the PRIV. See if it then reads on the new one.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 02:41 PM
    If you're connected to a corporate exchange server the system may have enforced encryption so that you can't decrypt.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 02:43 PM
    Back up or copy the content to a computer, then format the card on the PRIV. See if it then reads on the new one.

Posted via CB10
    tried that. No luck
    02-10-16 02:44 PM
    If you're connected to a corporate exchange server the system may have enforced encryption so that you can't decrypt.

Posted via CB10
    nope, no bes
    02-10-16 02:47 PM
    tried hooking the sd card directly up to a pc yet?
    02-10-16 02:57 PM
    can't, no adapter.
    02-10-16 03:00 PM
    Doesn't have to be BES. Just ActiveSync. I don't have BES but my ActiveSync admin enforces encryption.
    02-10-16 03:44 PM
    Doesn't have to be BES. Just ActiveSync. I don't have BES but my ActiveSync admin enforces encryption.
    I don't use any Enterprise or Work Software, just use it as personal device.

the SD card only works in the original priv, all other devices do not work.
    02-10-16 03:55 PM
    I don't use any Enterprise or Work Software, just use it as personal device.

the SD card only works in the original priv, all other devices do not work.
    Well, at least you know what the problem is and how to fix it! Good luck!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-10-16 04:24 PM
    Well, at least you know what the problem is and how to fix it! Good luck!

Yeah, buy a cheap SD card and see if it works in the new PRIV. Kinda sucks I have to buy a new SD card with each phone though.
    02-10-16 04:46 PM
    or get an adapter

can't you use the old priv and offload all the files to a pc over usb, and then reformat the card in the new priv and transfer the files back?
    (edit: just saw original post. sounds like you can't format for some reason?)
    02-10-16 07:18 PM
    Can you, through the old PRIV, connect to a computer using mass storage mode? From there you can format the card via the PC (after copying the files to the PC to back them up), and see if you can write to it.

Posted via CB10
    02-10-16 08:16 PM
    Can you, through the old PRIV, connect to a computer using mass storage mode? From there you can format the card via the PC (after copying the files to the PC to back them up), and see if you can write to it.

Posted via CB10
    Tried that too. I just thing the sd card is somehow toed to that priv now. Doesn't work in the new priv or an old curve 8900.
    02-10-16 08:29 PM
    Any chance your card is of the Samsung variety? My 64gb won't work in Priv either. Same troubleshooting as you.
    I am using a 64gb Samsung card in my priv. So far my only issue is some apps have no access to it. Phone reads it fine.

02-10-16 10:43 PM
    Tried that too. I just thing the sd card is somehow toed to that priv now. Doesn't work in the new priv or an old curve 8900.
    Last option I can think of, again, after copying all files to a computer or the cloud, do a factory reset of the old PRIV with the card in it. That may fix the non working decrypt option. Don't set up any accounts once it comes back. You may never get access to the card again, but you don't seem to be able to use it now anyway.

Last resort, but may be worth trying.

Posted via CB10
    02-11-16 06:54 AM
    Last option I can think of, again, after copying all files to a computer or the cloud, do a factory reset of the old PRIV with the card in it. That may fix the non working decrypt option. Don't set up any accounts once it comes back. You may never get access to the card again, but you don't seem to be able to use it now anyway.

Last resort, but may be worth trying.

Posted via CB10
    That didn't work either, I'm going to go to the mall today, grab the cheapest adaptor and sd combo I can find and try it.
    02-11-16 11:03 AM
26 12