I realize there are a couple threads in this forum about SD Card issues, just thought I'd share my experience and solution to my problem which goes like this......

Purchased a Kingston microSDHC 64GB (Class 10) after I got my hands on my Priv. Went ahead, inserted it and got the notification to install MicrosoftexFat for Blackberry app.

Next, due to Android's failure to provide a native and efficient file managing solution like we find in BB10, I went ahead and installed ES File Explorer File Manager since it being one of the more popular apps and I've had experience with it before with relative success. Figured at that point I was good to go...unfortunately I was not.

Whether it was creating a folder or deleting a photo, it required permission to do so. Unfortunately, changing that permission wasn't possible. So, as I had read in another thread, the suggestion was to format the card via PC using a format utility (I used both FAT32 Format and SDFormatter) to FAT32 (which in all honesty didn't make sense to begin with) then uninstall MicrosoftexFat then reinsert the card. I gave it a try and in doing so the card was now only showing as having 32 GB total space. Even with the capacity reduced, I still gave the card another try in the Priv to see if the permission issue was at least resolved but it was not. So now I was left with a 32 GB card with no write permissions instead of a fully functioning 64GB card. I proceeded to format the card back to exFAT using Windows Disk Management but it wouldn't allow me to so I was still left in the same position.

My solution:
    1) Opened an elevated Command Prompt in Windows and used diskpart to delete the partition on the card which left me with a RAW 64GB volume.
    2) Installed MicrosoftexFat back onto the Priv.
    3) Inserted the SD Card into the Priv.
    4) Under Settings>Storage selected "Mount SD card".

At this point everything was so far so good and the card was back to exFAT and showing it's 64GB capacity. Then I took things a bit further to organize myself which in turn ended up fixing the permission issue (whether this was a direct result or not I don't know, but I made a personal decision that I felt more comfortable with):
    1) Uninstalled ES File Explorer File Manager
    2) Installed File Manager by ASUS
    3) Started to create a new folder and just followed along with the initial steps to grant permissions which are presented on the very first write attempt.

And voila! I now have a fully functioning SD Card with full permissions. I also am extremely pleased with ASUS' File Manager and find it to be alot more user friendly and with a cleaner interface than ES File Explorer File Manager and would recommend it if you haven't tried it already.
    11-13-15 02:04 PM
    I realize there are a couple threads in this forum about SD Card issues, just thought I'd share my experience and solution to my problem which goes like this......

Purchased a Kingston microSDHC 64GB (Class 10) after I got my hands on my Priv. Went ahead, inserted it and got the notification to install MicrosoftexFat for Blackberry app.

Next, due to Android's failure to provide a native and efficient file managing solution like we find in BB10, I went ahead and installed ES File Explorer File Manager since it being one of the more popular apps and I've had experience with it before with relative success. Figured at that point I was good to go...unfortunately I was not.

Whether it was creating a folder or deleting a photo, it required permission to do so. Unfortunately, changing that permission wasn't possible. So, as I had read in another thread, the suggestion was to format the card via PC using a format utility (I used both FAT32 Format and SDFormatter) to FAT32 (which in all honesty didn't make sense to begin with) then uninstall MicrosoftexFat then reinsert the card. I gave it a try and in doing so the card was now only showing as having 32 GB total space. Even with the capacity reduced, I still gave the card another try in the Priv to see if the permission issue was at least resolved but it was not. So now I was left with a 32 GB card with no write permissions instead of a fully functioning 64GB card. I proceeded to format the card back to exFAT using Windows Disk Management but it wouldn't allow me to so I was still left in the same position.

My solution:
    1) Opened an elevated Command Prompt in Windows and used diskpart to delete the partition on the card which left me with a RAW 64GB volume.
    2) Installed MicrosoftexFat back onto the Priv.
    3) Inserted the SD Card into the Priv.
    4) Under Settings>Storage selected "Mount SD card".

At this point everything was so far so good and the card was back to exFAT and showing it's 64GB capacity. Then I took things a bit further to organize myself which in turn ended up fixing the permission issue (whether this was a direct result or not I don't know, but I made a personal decision that I felt more comfortable with):
    1) Uninstalled ES File Explorer File Manager
    2) Installed File Manager by ASUS
    3) Started to create a new folder and just followed along with the initial steps to grant permissions which are presented on the very first write attempt.

And voila! I now have a fully functioning SD Card with full permissions. I also am extremely pleased with ASUS' File Manager and find it to be alot more user friendly and with a cleaner interface than ES File Explorer File Manager and would recommend it if you haven't tried it already.
    Are you able to save apps on it?
    11-13-15 02:33 PM
    The ASUS file manager crashes for me and won't open after install.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-13-15 03:17 PM
    Once that's done, I'm gna transfer all the Android files back onto the card and give it a shot! And the ASUS file manager works fine for me :S
    11-13-15 03:25 PM
    Thats crazy to have to do all that. I have a 32 gig sony card & it reads everything it just will not allow any permissions.
    Im using root explorer kind of old school but works well.
    11-13-15 03:40 PM
    I always use total commander on android phones inc priv (also been using it for 10 years windows version)

Posted via the CrackBerry App on Priv
    11-13-15 04:02 PM
    Are you able to save apps on it?
    Haven't tried to be honest. I don't really have the need to do so but I can try.

Posted via the Crackberry App | Passport
    11-13-15 04:08 PM
    Thats crazy to have to do all that. I have a 32 gig sony card & it reads everything it just will not allow any permissions.
    Im using root explorer kind of old school but works well.
    It is crazy and unnecessary when you consider BB10 has it all baked in and ready to go.

LiterallyLogan likes this.
    11-13-15 04:10 PM
    Haven't tried to be honest. I don't really have the need to do so but I can try.

Let me know,
    11-13-15 04:23 PM
    Thanks for the info, I'll have to try it out.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-13-15 05:23 PM
    OK, I reformatted it to FAT32... And no luck. Still detects it but I don't have permission to use it and also can't transfer apps still...
    11-13-15 05:26 PM
    You have to still tell ES file explorer where the root of the SD card is. I had the same issues where apps could not write to the SD card. Kept asking me to point to the root of the external SD card but then never showed the external SD card to chose from even though I follow their directions. I had to format my 64gb card as FAT32 ( did on windows with 3rd party tool) put all files back on SD card and removed the exfat driver on Android. Now my SD card would show when I needed to chose the root of the external SD card. Have not had an issue since
    11-13-15 08:17 PM
    So after I thought I was good to go as explained in my original post to start this thread, out of nowhere while using my Priv I received this error. Somehow, some way my SD Card became unmounted. I went ahead and used a card reader on my PC to try and fix it but no luck. Unfortunately the card is not being recognized. In fact, after spending A LOT of time and trying every method imaginable (from Formatting software to DOS commands to registry edits) the card is unwriteable and unformattable. My only choice now is to purchase another card. SOUR!

SD Card & File Managing Problem with Working Solution-screenshot.jpg
    11-15-15 11:08 AM