Anyone figured out how to do this?
    11-12-15 03:08 AM
    under security in my system settings, i have an option of SD card encryption. I have a phone on lollipop 5.1
    11-12-15 05:24 AM
    This is going be fixed soon
    11-12-15 08:03 AM
    This is going be fixed soon
    I hope because I can't add my exchange account due to this now being a security feature.
    11-20-15 11:40 AM
    under security in my system settings, i have an option of SD card encryption. I have a phone on lollipop 5.1
    Would you please stop posting answers based on your knowledge of any other Android phone than the PRIV?

Android has been highly customized by all manufacturers and offer very different features and even remove some stock ones. So please stop the confusion.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    iorto390, meth-berry and Dave Liao like this.
    11-20-15 12:17 PM
    Would you please stop posting answers based on your knowledge of any other Android phone than the PRIV?

Android has been highly customized by all manufacturers and offer very different features and even remove some stock ones. So please stop the confusion.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I actually find it good information. She's providing an insight into where we should be looking for the setting and she's also letting us know that it's something that could/should be available. This can be helpful if somebody is to report missing/requested features to BlackBerry.

I think of myself with this; I'm constantly asking my friends who have been using Android phones for years about features and how to do certain things. None of them have a Priv. So you telling her to stop is like me deciding not to ask them anything about Android because they don't have a Priv. And that is just silly.
    11-20-15 01:28 PM
    Is there a way around this issue? I can't use blackberry hub for my exchange account due to the device not encrypting SD card
    11-20-15 02:02 PM
    Not yet. I expect this to be fixed in a firmware update.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-20-15 02:29 PM
    Is there a way around this issue? I can't use blackberry hub for my exchange account due to the device not encrypting SD card
    You can install mail wise. That's what I'm using right now.
    11-20-15 02:42 PM
    You can install mail wise. That's what I'm using right now.
    If you chose to do this and go around your IT departments policies, make sure not to keep any work related files on your SD card.
    11-20-15 02:47 PM
    I bought the Nine mail app. It's encrypted so it passes our corporate security policy. Works fantastic. I won't be going back to the hub.

11-20-15 07:47 PM
    If you chose to do this and go around your IT departments policies, make sure not to keep any work related files on your SD card.
    I don't keep any work related files on my phone. Mainly just use my phone to check email.
    11-20-15 09:48 PM
    I read somewhere that when your android phone uses encryption to secure itself there is a self destruction that occurs to the data after so many failed attempts. When your external SD card is also encrypted this can become a security problem. SD cards when encrypted offer no ability to destroy the data or limit the attempts of the attack. The SD card then becomes highly compromised to "brute force attacks". Being that the SD card and system use the same Encryption key if they crack your card, they crack your blackberry.
    11-22-15 09:03 PM
    I read somewhere that when your android phone uses encryption to secure itself there is a self destruction that occurs to the data after so many failed attempts. When your external SD card is also encrypted this can become a security problem. SD cards when encrypted offer no ability to destroy the data or limit the attempts of the attack. The SD card then becomes highly compromised to "brute force attacks". Being that the SD card and system use the same Encryption key if they crack your card, they crack your blackberry.
    Gonna need a source on that

iorto390 likes this.
    11-27-15 09:13 AM
    How "soon" is the fixed expected to occur?
    11-30-15 03:47 PM
    How "soon" is the fixed expected to occur?
    It's BlackBerry, so some time between now and 2077.
    11-30-15 03:51 PM
    No SD card encryption?

The hub doesn't support encryption so it doesn't pass certain enterprise policies?

What kinda of enterprise secure smartphone is this?

Very annoyed!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-02-15 01:03 PM
    Hi,

This has been fixed with latest update I can now add corporate email
    Jake2826 likes this.
    12-14-15 11:30 AM
    My PRIV has been fully updated and I still can't encrypt the SD card, so why are you saying this is fixed? If you are going to post something like that you need to provide more details. Thanks.
    02-11-16 11:00 AM
    Marshmallow will fix this with sd card adoption

02-11-16 04:17 PM
    This has NOT been fixed for the BB PRIV, so please don't post your answers or suggestions if you own anything else. You're just confusing & irritating the rest of us.....

I own a BB PRIV and just got off of the phone with BB support and SD card encryption is not supported yet.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-11-16 03:32 PM
    Well, it's now June, 2016 and there is still no way to encrypt the SD card other than by converting it to adoptable storage, which has the disadvantages of reduced speeds and the risk of SD corruption that, presumably, will brick the phone.
    06-01-16 12:11 PM