Just discovered that it you double tap on the screen to zoom, keep you finger on the screen after the second tap, and then move your finger up and down the screen to zoom at different distances.

Not sure if this was common knowledge, but I just did it by accident so thought I'd share.
    05-14-17 04:33 AM
    As far as I've noticed, the majority of people don't know that so thanks for sharing.

Personally, that's the only way I zoom anything in the browser etc. for the past several years because pinch-to-zoom is unusable in one-handed use. Btw, not being able to zoom that way and having to use the other hand to do it is one of the things that irritates me a lot in iOS.
    05-14-17 06:08 AM
    Hmmm. I have to TRIPLE tap and then use Pinch/zoom. Maybe there's another setting?
    05-14-17 11:52 AM
    As far as I've noticed, the majority of people don't know that so thanks for sharing.

Personally, that's the only way I zoom anything in the browser etc. for the past several years because pinch-to-zoom is unusable in one-handed use. Btw, not being able to zoom that way and having to use the other hand to do it is one of the things that irritates me a lot in iOS.
    Yea I hate pinch to zoom. So happy that this is an option.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    05-14-17 04:00 PM
    Hmmm. I have to TRIPLE tap and then use Pinch/zoom. Maybe there's another setting?
    That's strange. Works anywhere I'd pinch to zoom usually. As far as I know there isn't a setting. I just discovered it by accident.
    05-14-17 04:01 PM
    Just discovered that it you double tap on the screen to zoom, keep you finger on the screen after the second tap, and then move your finger up and down the screen to zoom at different distances.

Not sure if this was common knowledge, but I just did it by accident so thought I'd share.
    I just tried this and I love it. I knew about double tap to zoom in, but I always had to use pinch to zoom to zoom back out. Now I can do both with one hand which is awesome. The things you learn that have probably been around for years...

Thanks for the great tip!
    Mirko935 likes this.
    05-14-17 04:19 PM
    That's strange. Works anywhere I'd pinch to zoom usually. As far as I know there isn't a setting. I just discovered it by accident.
    I think that I've enabled 'Magnifcation gestures' in Main Settings, Accessibility. It requires a Triple Tap to activate. You scroll around the enlarged screen with two fingers.
    05-14-17 04:51 PM
    I think that I've enabled 'Magnifcation gestures' in Main Settings, Accessibility. It requires a Triple Tap to activate. You scroll around the enlarged screen with two fingers.
    O gotcha. That makes sense. I like the idea of zooming and being able to pan around the photo zoomed in without taking your finger off the screen. Might have to try that for a little bit.

Thanks!
    05-14-17 04:58 PM

You're talking about the magnification gestures option under Accessibility Settings, right? The one for old people?
    What the OP is saying is that you can use this "double-tap-hold-and-swipe" or whatever its name is method to zoom instead of the regular pinching. In your browser (works beautifully in Opera), picture viewer etc. There's no setting for it, I guess it's simply a feature on Android.
    The things you learn that have probably been around for years...
    Yeah... I've been using it on my previous phone which I've had from 2014. So it's been around for at least 3 years, I can't remember if I used it on the phone I had before that one.
    Just like I learned the other day that you can easily select all in the Hub and I was convinced it wasn't possible for the past 9 months.

edit: it would appear that these last two messages in the thread were lost in time... Or I was
    FF22 and Event4izon like this.
    05-14-17 05:09 PM
    I'm definitely lost in time and space. Old people - hurmpf
    Mirko935 likes this.
    05-14-17 07:28 PM
    I'm definitely lost in time and space. Old people - hurmpf
    At what age are you classified as old? You're only 22 right?
    05-14-17 07:46 PM
    At what age are you classified as old? You're only 22 right?
    I guess if I entered an Event Horizon (do you enter those?) and was gone a long time I might not have aged. I don't even remember 22!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But I am shooting of 2022 - that's when Verizon will be releasing Nougat for the Key22!!!
    Event4izon likes this.
    05-14-17 08:58 PM
    At what age are you classified as old?
    At the age when you start turning on your phone's or PC's accessibility features.
    Event4izon likes this.
    05-15-17 03:46 AM
    At the age when you start turning on your phone's or PC's accessibility features.
    I may, to some extent, resemble that comment BUT in the main at my advanced age, I still don't need reading glasses. When dining out and a companion or two have forgotten their reading glasses, I do the "translating."

I wonder if CB is ready for an "ageism" law suit!
    05-15-17 09:41 AM
    I may, to some extent, resemble that comment BUT in the main at my advanced age, I still don't need reading glasses. When dining out and a companion or two have forgotten their reading glasses, I do the "translating."

I wonder if CB is ready for an "ageism" law suit!
    So, what you're trying to say is that one should be classified as "old" at the age at which he/she starts bragging about being able to read?
    05-15-17 10:04 AM
    So, what you're trying to say is that one should be classified as "old" at the age at which he/she starts bragging about being able to read?
    My lawyer (Abe Lincoln's partner) will be in touch.
    Mirko935 likes this.
    05-15-17 10:58 AM
    My lawyer (Abe Lincoln's partner) will be in touch.
    William H. Herndon? He's my lawyer, too!
    FF22 likes this.
    05-15-17 02:14 PM
    William H. Herndon? He's my lawyer, too!
    Good, you can join my law suit against Mirko. But maybe we had better swing this back to ON-topic discussion.
    05-15-17 04:19 PM
    Tried both 2 and 3 times tapping, seems not to work on my phone though?

I'm old enough I guess to see changing setting in that department can get it going.
    05-15-17 04:48 PM