I just bought a used Priv this morning which appeared to be in great shape and does seem to work perfectly. My only complaint is that when the slide (screen) is open and the phone is held vertically, it closes under it's own weight. It just slides shut unless you hold it open yourself as there is not enough resistance to keep it extended.

This is pretty annoying when trying to use the phone with one hand as it won't stay open.

Has anyone else run into this? Or do you know if there is a way to increase the tension? I'm doubtful but thought it worth asking.

Thanks in advance!
    06-09-16 04:36 PM
    my guess is that you have a bad device since the sliding mechanism should definitely not behave that way. Imo you should try to get a replacement :/

Posted via the Priv running 'the Google'
    06-09-16 05:03 PM
    That doesn't even make any sense. Hard to believe the carrier who sold you the device should know better.

Posted via CrackBerry App for Android on America's 🌎 largest network.
    06-09-16 05:44 PM
    Defective device my Prive has to be pushed shut!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-09-16 05:55 PM
    The OP got it used, someone probably dropped it a few times and decided to sell the phone. I would go to the seller and ask for a refund. The bands that help hold it open and keep it closed are likely broken or disconnected.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    06-09-16 06:54 PM
    I have not looked at a disassembly video in a while but wonder if there's something that can be done to tighten the mechanism so that it holds open.

If the price was really good or you can't get a refund, investigate if there's something you can do to fix it or hit a phone repair shop.
    06-09-16 08:34 PM
    Hmm...that's what I was worried about. It looked good and worked fine when I tested it...but didn't notice the slide issue until later. The seller has gone mysteriously silent. I doubt a refund is going to happen.
    06-09-16 09:29 PM
    I have not looked at a disassembly video in a while but wonder if there's something that can be done to tighten the mechanism so that it holds open.

If the price was really good or you can't get a refund, investigate if there's something you can do to fix it or hit a phone repair shop.
    Luckily I just discovered that with a case on there is just enough resistance that it holds. I guess I'll make do or hit the repair shop.
    06-09-16 09:30 PM
    Actually, if you read the Case Thread in the Stickies above these normal threads, you'll see that complaints about one case are that it makes sliding the screen a bit tight. So that might be an option if the case you are using proves insufficient.

Enjoy the Priv

And WELCOME to Crackberry.
    06-09-16 09:39 PM
    The Seidio case will prob add enough friction to solve the problem. It will loosen up after some use, so the problem may come back, or it may not.

https://www.seidioonline.com/device/blackberry-priv/
    06-10-16 06:58 AM
    Hmm...that's what I was worried about. It looked good and worked fine when I tested it...but didn't notice the slide issue until later. The seller has gone mysteriously silent. I doubt a refund is going to happen.
    I would name & shame this hoodlum here and at other places if I were you, so that others would not become a victim of this thug too.
    06-10-16 07:29 AM
    Just a guess but could you put a couple of pieces of tape over the rails to space them out a bit causing some resistance? I read people do that for screen click...

Posted via CB10
    06-10-16 07:37 AM
    I bet the little spring that controls the slide mechanism came loose. You should be able to find a repair shop which will fix that for you. If you look on Youtube for teardown videos of the Priv you will see what part I mean. It doesn't look all that hard to do.
    06-10-16 02:08 PM
    if the seller went silent he knew he sold ya a lemon, i hate people like that

Sorry Man
    06-10-16 04:35 PM
    Doesn't BlackBerry have a one year guarantee no matter where you bought it correct?

Posted via CrackBerry App for Android on America's 🌎 largest network.
    06-11-16 07:03 AM
    Doesn't BlackBerry have a one year guarantee no matter where you bought it correct?

Posted via CrackBerry App for Android on America's �� largest network.
    It was purchased used so it may not apply.
    06-11-16 07:48 AM
    This is a rare fault IMO . The slider mechanism cannot come down unless you push it . Take your device to a service centre . I am sure you will get a replacement device or warranty repairs .
    06-11-16 12:17 PM
    Definitely a defected device!
    06-14-16 06:01 PM