My Priv used to connect to my Sony Bravia TV through screen mirroring/cast very quickly, faster than my Z30. Now it no longer works. My Z30 connects fine using Miracast, but I can no longer connect my Priv through cast. I've searched online and I've tried resetting my TV, rebooted my Priv, still no joy. The Priv finds the TV but disconnects immediately.
    Thoughts? Do I need to download Google Cast?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails screen mirroring used to work, not now-34449.jpg  
    08-31-16 11:11 PM
    I have a Sony Bravia also.. As with Samsung and every other device that supports "mobile" BlackBerry is not officially supported.
    I can only guess that while the bravia has had many updates downloaded it may have not updated the area of your issue and is no longer compatible.

I believe you'll get a more informed answer from the Sony Bravia tech support people.
    Heck, you'll get a more informed answer from Betty Crocker than what I gave you.

I'm just trying to be supportive until some who know what they're talking about comes along and tells you to contact Sony Support!
    09-01-16 12:19 AM
    I think it has something to do with Marshmallow. When I had Lollipop I could cast easily to my Samsung TV simply by turning on cast. This past weekend I could no longer do it directly, I had to actually put my TV in cast mode before I could cast. Was the same with my brother's Galaxy 7.
    anon(3732391) likes this.
    09-01-16 12:03 PM
    I think it has something to do with Marshmallow. When I had Lollipop I could cast easily to my Samsung TV simply by turning on cast. This past weekend I could no longer do it directly, I had to actually put my TV in cast mode before I could cast. Was the same with my brother's Galaxy 7.
    Two Brothers with the same two issues.

Coincidence or did they do it on purpose?????
    09-02-16 02:13 AM
    Your phone should already have Google cast on it. Maybe they did do an update and blackberry not being supported but priv is android not just blackberry. You could always connect via slimport hdmi... if all fails.

I welcome my stalker
    09-02-16 03:25 AM
    Thanks for the replies. Just to clarify that I've always been on Marshmallow and casting worked at first. Also, I'm not sure what the difference is between the "cast" in the pull down menu and Google Cast available in the app store.
    That being said I've seen online many others with other Android devices having the same issue.

09-02-16 07:42 PM
    I would get a chromecast. Works much better.
    09-02-16 08:59 PM
    Update: so after all that, I went into the TV settings and updated the Google Cast Receiver. Works like a charm. You'd think these things would auto-update.

FF22 likes this.
    09-02-16 11:10 PM
    Such it is in this bravia new world...
    gebco and FF22 like this.
    09-02-16 11:50 PM
    I can no longer mirror using miracast from Q10 to Samsung smart tv... haven't tried it in a couple of months, but I'm pretty sure it worked after OS update (10.3.2.2836)
    I'm so bummed... any ideas?
    11-03-16 02:42 PM
    I can no longer mirror using miracast from Q10 to Samsung smart tv... haven't tried it in a couple of months, but I'm pretty sure it worked after OS update (10.3.2.2836)
    I'm so bummed... any ideas?
    You are in the Priv subforum. Are you using the Q10? I know that I've gotten a few Samsung Smart TV updates in the last few months so maybe one of those changed a setting. Maybe you need to pair or whatever between the Q10 and the TV. I've not tried casting recently.
    11-03-16 03:54 PM
    You are in the Priv subforum. Are you using the Q10? I know that I've gotten a few Samsung Smart TV updates in the last few months so maybe one of those changed a setting. Maybe you need to pair or whatever between the Q10 and the TV. I've not tried casting recently.
    Thanks to crackberry for bringing me here, when I searched specifically for Q10. Thanks for making me feel welcome anyway and for the advice! I'll check tv's settings
    FF22 likes this.
    11-04-16 02:06 PM