Hi,

I picked up my PRIV yesterday and all is well, I'm starting to really like it as I get used to Android a bit more.

I do have one niggle however. When the screen is closed it's pretty tight, I have no obvious clicking and zero creaking back or sides. When the screen is open, it's less tight to the body of the phone on the right at the bottom and clicks a little. I don't often need to use the screen when the keyboard is exposed so it's not too bothersome.

Is this a trade off for having the slider? I'm reluctant to return it as it's solid otherwise.

Thanks
    08-17-16 05:54 AM
    Never heard of the issue but it's most likely a trade off of having a slider. As long as it's not clicking when the screen is down I think you are good

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-17-16 06:32 AM
    Honestly in my opinion those types of things are susceptible to happening.

I've always been a fan of sliders, just because. I had a Sony Ericsson Walkman slider a long time ago. I didn't have any issues with the slider per se, but there was some movement that some people would consider not acceptable. The phone was half the size of the priv too.

Depending if you have a case on it or not, just normal wear and tear will flex the phone some. In your pocket, sitting down, leaning on stuff, you get the picture. After a while, there will be some movement.

A device like this, more complex than any other phone on market, will stand to have some movement. The acceptable threshold is up to you.

08-17-16 08:08 AM
    And there is actually a thread on here I saw where someone came up with a solution by gently bending the phone inward. I DO NOT VOUCH FOR THE METHOD, SO PLEASE DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME.

Additionally adding a good BlackBerry case like I have with the kickstand stops all the creaks and movement and really solids the phone up nicely. Seido makes one identical but also has the belt clip holster.

08-17-16 08:11 AM
    And there is actually a thread on here I saw where someone came up with a solution by gently bending the phone inward. I DO NOT VOUCH FOR THE METHOD, SO PLEASE DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME.

Additionally adding a good BlackBerry case like I have with the kickstand stops all the creaks and movement and really solids the phone up nicely. Seido makes one identical but also has the belt clip holster.

Thanks for the replies. I suppose that's what I'm trying to work out, if some movement when the screen is extended is normal. I've only seen people to complain it's loose or clicky when the pkb is covered, and mine is solid then.
    08-17-16 09:47 AM