The one major concern I have with getting the Priv is the screen lifting. I recently had this problem on my Passport. From the images I have seen, the glass looks to me sitting on top of the chassis instead of being framed under it, just like the Passport.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    10-16-15 10:41 AM
    #liftgate

#privgate

#gategate
    10-16-15 10:42 AM
    Let it come dude! Don't be stupid to start a thread before even try

Posted via CB10
    Essoo, nick13b, BerryRipe and 6 others like this.
    10-16-15 10:43 AM
    I think they would have solved that by now, the SE was a step in the right direction.

Posted via CB10 v....not telling
    10-16-15 10:44 AM
    I can confirm that the Screen lifts.

It lifts vertically when you push it up by like 5 cm.

There is a trade off through, you get a nice keyboard.
    skibnik, tvst28, eldricho and 17 others like this.
    10-16-15 10:53 AM
    Priv is not a bro, so I don't think it lifts.
    10-16-15 10:55 AM
    Yes, it lifts! And it takes a lot of steroids as well. Hence its size and curves, they're actually muscles.

Posted via CB10
    eldricho, louzer, skibnik and 4 others like this.
    10-16-15 11:02 AM
    WTH...?
    BB_PP likes this.
    10-16-15 11:03 AM
    The one major concern I have with getting the Priv is the screen lifting. I recently had this problem on my Passport. From the images I have seen, the glass looks to me sitting on top of the chassis instead of being framed under it, just like the Passport.

No worries. Screen lifting is a Passport-exclusive feature.

*A3-A20
    BB_PP, SPNKr and donnation like this.
    10-16-15 11:12 AM
    It slides, it lifts it bends and does things one could hardly imagine

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 11:26 AM
    This thread should be closed.

Posted via CB10
    anon(4275744) and DarkJoker33 like this.
    10-16-15 11:29 AM
    On my third passport now, exchanged twice thru carrier because the screen lifted in the bottom right corner. I hope this is the gem ive been looking for! Although I don't think the Priv would have this issue, I can't see myself switching off BB10.

Posted via CB10
    World War Z30 likes this.
    10-16-15 12:04 PM
    Wow good to see the intellectual crowd on Crackberry these days. Instead of thoughtful discussions, now we are all out to bash each other? For what reason? Because you are not getting BB10?

I had a legitimate concern and provided the reason for it, but now it's being called stupid? No wonder no one buys BlackBerry's, they see the miserable people who can't even have a conversation about real things and live in the damn past.

RyanGermann likes this.
    10-16-15 12:19 PM
    10-16-15 12:19 PM
    My Note 4 screen is lifting, bottom left. So yeah........we have that.
    10-16-15 12:22 PM
    Wow good to see the intellectual crowd on Crackberry these days. Instead of thoughtful discussions, now we are all out to bash each other? For what reason? Because you are not getting BB10?

I had a legitimate concern and provided the reason for it, but now it's being called stupid? No wonder no one buys BlackBerry's, they see the miserable people who can't even have a conversation about real things and live in the damn past.

Dude.. there are SO MANY devices with this kind of manufacturing. Even only a handfull of passport had this concern. I had 2 for example, and no screen lifting in any of them. pretty much every blackberry form the past has the same type of "screen hold" as the passport, and no lifting issues.

Just let the phone come out, and then we will see. If it does... Warranty!
    10-16-15 12:22 PM

Because you're asking a ridiculous question that nobody can answer. No one even has seen the device in person let alone handle it to address your "concern".
    gschep, DarkJoker33, Essoo and 2 others like this.
    10-16-15 12:25 PM
    ^^^^^^what he said...

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 12:36 PM
    I'm with World War Z30 on this one. He posted about a concern that he has, and gave valid reasoning - just because you have a smart *** comment to make, doesn't mean you need to. It's becoming pretty easy to see how members are "earning" the titles of CrackBerry Addicts, Masters, and Geniuses - senseless posts. So much of this forum has become quantity over quality.

To the topic - I've had to exchange a couple of Passports, but luckily never because of the screen lifting. If they're planning on winning some market with this phone, it better be solidly built! The only thing that I can think they have working in their favor is that they've had this phone in development for so long, that they have hopefully been able to work out any hardware kinks. That said, once it goes to mass production, who knows...
    RyanGermann and World War Z30 like this.
    10-16-15 01:26 PM
    Why not be concern about #BendGate and #NoReceptionIfIHoldITWrongGate while you are at it. Just don't buy it or anything else.
    10-16-15 02:05 PM
    Why not be concern about #BendGate and #NoReceptionIfIHoldITWrongGate while you are at it. Just don't buy it or anything else.

I never said I wasn't going to buy it, I much rather not have to replace my phone within the first year of use thank you very much.

10-16-15 02:20 PM
    Replace "screen lifting" with "double typing".
    10-16-15 02:21 PM
    Think about it OP.

You are asking a question about a phone that is not available.

What kind of replies did you really expect?

Posted via CB10
    bakron1, DarkJoker33 and BB_PP like this.
    10-16-15 02:21 PM
    Think about it OP.

You are asking a question about a phone that is not available.

What kind of replies did you really expect?

Posted via CB10
    I expected people to speculate on whether the issues of previous phones would be a concern with this new phone. This doesn't mean people can't have a discussion on what they think. Half of the post on this forum are about what may or may not be included with this phone. If people can't post ideas or talk about them then they should close the whole Priv forum until it comes out based on half the comments posted on this. If you think it's stupid to ask for opinion then bugger off and don't comment.

10-16-15 02:31 PM
    How is speculation going to be of any constructive use?

Surely, it would be more sensible to wait until production versions of the phone are in people's hands.

Then you get some meaningful answers.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-15 02:40 PM
60 123