Ever since my "tap to wake " stopped working I'm having a heck of a time using the phone function . I have to open the slider to activate the screen just to switch to speaker phone . Any solution to this or just wait until they fix the tap to wake function? This is extremely frustrating.
    02-01-16 04:23 PM
    When did the tap to wake function break? I haven't had any issues with it.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-01-16 04:35 PM
    I too have this issue. As my hand approaches the screen, it goes off, so I can't hit the speaker. I can usually get it on the second or third try.

Annoying.

02-02-16 06:14 AM
    Mine randomly stopped working about a month ago . Had to use the side button or slide the screen up to wake the screen ever since .
    02-02-16 07:10 AM
    I too have this issue. As my hand approaches the screen, it goes off, so I can't hit the speaker. I can usually get it on the second or third try.

Annoying.

Could your hand be going over the sensor which turns the screen off assuming you are putting the phone up to your ear?

02-02-16 09:07 AM
    Why not just use the speaker button on the keyboard? That's what I do bc I'm afraid if I tap the screen during a call I will accidentally hang up. Ah, the beauty of the keyboard. I love me some keyboard.
    02-02-16 09:14 AM
    Why not just use the speaker button on the keyboard? That's what I do bc I'm afraid if I tap the screen during a call I will accidentally hang up. Ah, the beauty of the keyboard. I love me some keyboard.
    that's defeats the whole purpose . I can use the touch screen once I slide open the keyboard anyway. Goal is to not have to open the slider just to use the speakerphone .
    02-02-16 12:48 PM
    I have no problems with the screen or the tap to wake (that i use so many times, love it). Backup, wipe and restore...

Posted via the Priv CrackBerry App for Android
    02-02-16 12:54 PM
    that's defeats the whole purpose . I can use the touch screen once I slide open the keyboard anyway. Goal is to not have to open the slider just to use the speakerphone .
    your double tap to wake button is on I guess? This phone is so buggy. They better send some updates soon.
    02-02-16 12:57 PM
    Could your hand be going over the sensor which turns the screen off assuming you are putting the phone up to your ear?

Probably what it is, but that's a problem. The sensor should be able to differentiate between a hand and my head.

Very frustrating.

02-03-16 04:58 AM
    Do you guys have a tempered screen protector on, or any screen protector at all? I noticed that the phone fuctioned as normal without the screen protector, but when i put a thicker tempered protector on, I had the same issue as you guys. Removing the protector or getting a thinner one may solve your issue.
    02-03-16 05:07 AM
    Do you guys have a tempered screen protector on, or any screen protector at all? I noticed that the phone fuctioned as normal without the screen protector, but when i put a thicker tempered protector on, I had the same issue as you guys. Removing the protector or getting a thinner one may solve your issue.
    Never used a screen protector. Ever.

02-03-16 06:04 AM
    My apologies. My Bluetooth dropped in the car yesterday and with my screen black I was unable to tap the speaker or even tell if I was still on the call. Thought of you. The screen on a call should show features you might need when on the call without having to tap and futz. This IS very annoying.
    02-03-16 06:41 AM
    Probably what it is, but that's a problem. The sensor should be able to differentiate between a hand and my head.

Very frustrating.

The sensor knows when something covers it. Not sure how it would differentiate between hand and head.

02-03-16 08:27 AM
    The sensor knows when something covers it. Not sure how it would differentiate between hand and head.

I dunno. Works on every other phone.

02-03-16 08:33 AM
    Mine randomly stopped working about a month ago . Had to use the side button or slide the screen up to wake the screen ever since .
    I have the same problem, started just a week after I had the phone. Wondering if it could be related to Android apps that I had installed.

Posted via the CrackBerry App from my beautiful PRIV
    02-03-16 08:37 AM
    Hey Chubby.. as blackbirdy suggests, make sure the Double tap to wake is toggled on in Settings>Display>Wake-up gestures.. As well, it might be a good idea to try a hard reset on your device. Press and hold the power key for a full 32 seconds without removing your finger from the key.. This will simulate a battery pull and may help as well. good luck
    02-03-16 10:07 AM
    I had the same problem, just cleaning the display ...top around blackberry name...fixed the problem..
    02-27-16 12:56 PM
    I have no problems with the screen or the tap to wake (that i use so many times, love it). Backup, wipe and restore...

Posted via the Priv CrackBerry App for Android
    How do you wipe and restore on the Priv?
    04-21-16 05:54 PM
    How do you wipe and restore on the Priv?
    backup with different apps, I use "sms backup and restore" app for sms and call log (this app worked to restore from BB10 as well), and blackberry's contacts app has a backup option for contacts. Be careful to copy the backups from priv's internal storage or set up the apps to backup on the sd card
    I don't need to backup email/hub as it is downloading again after new set-up
    Photos/videos etc copy from internal storage with priv connected by usb to pc
    apps easy to restore from play store
    sd card can be removed to be on the safe side whilst you wipe the device
    Last edited by steffcip; 04-22-16 at 09:32 AM.
    FF22 and Coyote55 like this.
    04-22-16 03:43 AM