When I opened an app the screen locked up. Now when I restart the phone I get the loading screens fine but a black screen when the phone is loaded. What the heck?

Posted via CB10
    03-26-17 09:01 PM
    When I opened an app the screen locked up. Now when I restart the phone I get the loading screens fine but a black screen when the phone is loaded. What the heck?

Posted via CB10
    What device?

If Priv try one of the restarts

From BB blog: How to reset PRIV by BlackBerry | Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Three restart/reboot methods

The first method, which should be used 99.9% of the time when you want to reboot your device, is using the Reboot option that appears after pressing the Power key.

Press and hold the Power key for 3 seconds
    Select Reboot from the menu that is presented

The second reset method should be used if pressing the Power key does not produce the menu with Power Off and Restart. For example, if an app or game you are using won’t close, use this option to restart your device.

Press and hold the Power key for 12 seconds

Third method: Should your device fail to respond, the final reset method is to press and hold the Power key for 32 seconds which is equivalent to removing the battery. This should result in your device booting up successfully.

If it fails to start, however, verify you are not pressing any other keys such as Volume Up, Mute, or Volume Down while performing any of the reset methods listed above. If you use a case for your device you may want to remove it as it might be pressing a button inadvertently.

And just for an extra measure, if needed:

Safe Mode:

The next step is placing your device into safe mode.

When used, Safe Mode will disable any third party apps or games you have installed. As a result of this, should your device not exhibit the issue while in Safe Mode it’s safe to assume the issue is specific to an app or game you have installed. Safe Mode may also remove apps and/or widgets from your various home screens when you go back to Normal.

Press and hold the power key
    Tap and hold Power off (that is Press/Hold the Power Off prompt line) when it appears
    When prompted, tap OK to reboot to Safe Mode

To get out of Safe Mode, press and hold the power key followed by tapping Reboot.

After testing, should your device not exhibit any issues, the next step is to remove recently installed applications one by one until the issue is resolved.
    03-26-17 10:37 PM
    Thank you. I'm in safe mode but the screen is dark except for the safe mode at the bottom.
    Screen frozen-img_20170326_225256.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-26-17 10:53 PM
    Screen frozen-img_20170326_225256.jpg

Posted via CB10
    03-26-17 10:53 PM
    Thank you. I'm in safe mode but the screen is dark except for the safe mode at the bottom.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20170326_225256.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	420296

Posted via CB10
    That is weird. Why it should show some indications of "life" but not go beyond that.

Have you tried one of the other REBOOT methods? How for 32 seconds for instance?

Is it on a charger?

Do you have a warranty any longer?

Try:
    [email protected]

Good luck.
    03-27-17 12:26 AM
    Yes I did the 32 seconds. Battery was fully charged just before. The phone is less than a year old.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-17 12:28 AM
    Yes I did the 32 seconds. Battery was fully charged just before. The phone is less than a year old.

Posted via CB10
    Then you should have a warranty.

Here's some stuff I've captured.

"Boot Screen (different than Safe Mode)

The advised method to get the boot screen per BlackBerry and the tutorials as well as these forums is to use the power button and then to press and hold the 'Restart/ Turn off' option that pops up. That's all fine and well if you can get your phone to perform those functions or your phone is at least powering up. But I've seen posts where members couldn't get to that screen due to their phone not powering up or being stuck in a restart loop.

Because of another thread from a member that is unintentionally getting a boot screen at restart, I was playing around with my phone this morning while waiting on a meeting and found that with my phone powered on or off, I can get to the bootup screen by simultaneously holding down my power and volume down (-) buttons for several seconds. This method might work on a problematic phone where the conventional method is not possible. "

"if your phone is comppletely dead .. hold on the power and vol down button for 2 min or less. it will boot in and give u 4 options.. select second one which is boot into fast boot .. then after selecting 2nd option presss power button to ok it .. it will still take you to same screen. now select 1st option. and voila ..your phone will be up and running.. im sure its a software issue bb has."

You can try the above method with an Autoloader found in the Autoloader Sticky threads. Find one that matches your version of the Priv - either number or carrier.
    03-27-17 12:55 AM
    So I entered my password 10 times to make it reset. Phone flashed factory reset, powered off and won't turn back on. If I press and hold the power button long enough the BlackBerry powered by android flashes but then goes right back off.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-17 02:22 AM
    I don't know if this will help you, but when I traded my old phone for the Priv, it was not booting properly. I downloaded an autoloader for my region and carrier, and reloaded the OS. The phone proceeded from there, and has been working fine since. I hope this helps. It sounds like the OS boot sequence has been corrupted.
    03-27-17 04:12 AM
    Warranty if under one year.
    03-27-17 09:39 AM
    Now when I power it one it goes to the options of:

1 barcode
    2 resume boot
    3 fast boot
    4 power off

Option 2 will not work.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-17 01:39 PM
    Now when I power it one it goes to the options of:

1 barcode
    2 resume boot
    3 fast boot
    4 power off

Option 2 will not work.

Posted via CB10
    Okay, if you can get there you can TRY and reload the OS. At this point, your data is probably gone anyway unfortunately.

So visit

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aders-1065667/

And find the Autoloader for your version or carrier. Download it.

Then visit:

How to reload the BlackBerry smartphone powered by Android OS

And follow the instructions for reloading while in Fastboot mode. I think you don't actually hit 3 as you are already there (if I recall, I kept trying and it led me back to the same menu)

(sorry, was out x-country skiing for 2nd time this season)
    03-27-17 05:08 PM
    Thank you I appreciate everyone's help. Which autoloader should I use? The Priv was purchase from BlackBerry and I am using it on at&t.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-17 07:05 PM
    Thank you I appreciate everyone's help. Which autoloader should I use? The Priv was purchase from BlackBerry and I am using it on at&t.

Posted via CB10
    Since you bought it directly from BlackBerry, AAJ919, then.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-27-17 07:47 PM
    Thanks everyone! Success the Priv is back up.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    03-28-17 10:59 AM
    Starting happening to me i disables Google voice and it stopped
    03-28-17 12:58 PM
    Thanks everyone! Success the Priv is back up.

Posted via CB10
    GREAT NEWS. Thanks for reporting back.
    03-28-17 01:40 PM