Has anyone the Samsung Android and do they use the Priv Software?
    04-03-16 02:25 PM
    I think Cobalt, who released an app which lets you easily download the BlackBerry stuff, is using a S6 himself and said it works just fine.
    04-03-16 03:13 PM
    Yep, working great on Samsung:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=12231296
    FF22 likes this.
    04-03-16 03:24 PM
    I enjoy your commitment to all this BlackBerry stuff! I wish you used a Priv (maybe you have one...!), but oh well! Good work Cobalt!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 and TheBond like this.
    04-03-16 11:10 PM
    Yeah I agree. I use his apps on my Note 5 but I do support BlackBerry and am using the Priv.

I think part of the decline in the sales would be the Priv software can run on other devices. If only they made the phone not that much vanilla android, it would be harder to get the BlackBerry Goodies exported.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    04-04-16 03:17 AM
    Yeah I agree. I use his apps on my Note 5 but I do support BlackBerry and am using the Priv.

I think part of the decline in the sales would be the Priv software can run on other devices. If only they made the phone not that much vanilla android, it would be harder to get the BlackBerry Goodies exported.

Huh? I am beyond pleased they made it mostly vanilla Android.

04-04-16 09:16 AM
    Huh? I am beyond pleased they made it mostly vanilla Android.

Don't get me wrong but that also made it easier to steal apks and packages, thus sharing the BlackBerry experience to the other devices.

For eg, in Samsung Note, you know the spen is the experience only available to the Note range only. BlackBerry should have done the same. Not doing so caused decline in their own sales. Of course there are better phones out there. If you want a physical keyboard, then Priv is the only choice, however, if that's not what you want, you can use the BlackBerry services for free on others.

04-05-16 07:29 AM
    Don't get me wrong but that also made it easier to steal apks and packages, thus sharing the BlackBerry experience to the other devices.

For eg, in Samsung Note, you know the spen is the experience only available to the Note range only. BlackBerry should have done the same. Not doing so caused decline in their own sales. Of course there are better phones out there. If you want a physical keyboard, then Priv is the only choice, however, if that's not what you want, you can use the BlackBerry services for free on others.

The number of users "stealing" their software on other phones is likely small enough to count on one hand and has nothing to do with the poor sales of the priv. No marketing, lack of people who care about a pkb, high price for mid range specs and cheap creaky build are what killed sales.
    04-05-16 08:05 AM
    The number of users "stealing" their software on other phones is likely small enough to count on one hand and has nothing to do with the poor sales of the priv. No marketing, lack of people who care about a pkb, high price for mid range specs and cheap creaky build are what killed sales.
    and a mediocre keyboard for those who do care about pkbs
    04-05-16 08:42 AM
    Has anyone the Samsung Android and do they use the Priv Software?
    Yes (BUT a qualifed yes). I have a brilliant nexus 6P running Marshmallow with all the PRIV stuff loaded; found it easy with Cobalt. Great combination; please note that I have a Priv too..
    oakakaemmy likes this.
    04-06-16 11:50 AM
    Yes (BUT a qualifed yes). I have a brilliant nexus 6P running Marshmallow with all the PRIV stuff loaded; found it easy with Cobalt. Great combination; please note that I have a Priv too..
    and which do you prefer? i was testing them and found the priv ui to be more agreeable, and i don't like the samsung botton row.
    04-06-16 07:14 PM
    yes tried samsung too; wife uses note3 too; good but way to much bloatware from samsun!
    1. nexus 6p? large phone + functionality best available
    2. love: the Priv!
    04-07-16 01:03 AM

Samsung with BlackBerry Software. Just fun
    04-07-16 01:06 AM
    bet it works well too!
    04-07-16 01:09 AM