When you consider that iPhone sold only 270,000 units in its first quarter of sales that is amazing!
    "iPhone unit sales estimates for Q1 ranged from 61 million to 71 million. Actual iPhones sold: 74.5 million."

http://fortune.com/2015/04/16/how-ma...st-quarter-17/

brb...going to pick up my Priv.
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-14-15 at 11:49 AM.
    11-14-15 11:34 AM
    When you consider that iPhone sold only 270,000 units in its first quarter of sales that is amazing!
    I think you're short a few zero's.
    11-14-15 12:07 PM
    I think you're short a few zero's.
    First quarter of sales. Period. This is Privs first quarter of sales. Period
    La Emperor likes this.
    11-14-15 01:20 PM
    Other than Blackberry themselves, who really cares how many they've sold so far? If they sold a lot they aren't going to reward us by giving us any money back and if they didn't sell very many we don't have to pay them anymore.
    And to the folks trying to compare sales numbers with Apple & Samsung - well that's just ludicrous because Blackberry is just not in the same league. If BB's goal is to sell a total of 5 million phones a year to stay in the HW business I think it's is not to difficult to achieve. They themselves are obviously not trying to compare themselves to Apple & Samsung as far as sales numbers go. Apple can sell millions in 1 day during launch. LOL
    11-14-15 01:25 PM
    Other than Blackberry themselves, who really cares how many they've sold so far? If they sold a lot they aren't going to reward us by giving us any money back and if they didn't sell very many we don't have to pay them anymore.
    And to the folks trying to compare sales numbers with Apple & Samsung - well that's just ludicrous because Blackberry is just not in the same league. If BB's goal is to sell a total of 5 million phones a year to stay in the HW business I think it's is not to difficult to achieve. They themselves are obviously not trying to compare themselves to Apple & Samsung as far as sales numbers go. Apple can sell millions in 1 day during launch. LOL
    Well, while I generally agree with you, for the first time it does seem to matter to us how they are selling because we know they will get out of the handset business if they can't sell 5 million phones a year.
    11-14-15 01:39 PM
    The number is flawed any way that you look at it. A lot of people probably don't know to even update the Blackberry specific apps because for whatever reason BB f-d up and didn't make them a part of the automatic updates. You have to search for them to find them and there are probably a lot of people who haven't updated those apps simply because they don't know that they need to be updated.
    11-14-15 02:49 PM
    The number is flawed any way that you look at it. A lot of people probably don't know to even update the Blackberry specific apps because for whatever reason BB f-d up and didn't make them a part of the automatic updates. You have to search for them to find them and there are probably a lot of people who haven't updated those apps simply because they don't know that they need to be updated.
    Yep, I had to exactly that! - Searched for them manually - Only knew about them by reading CB LOL
    11-14-15 03:46 PM
    since most people will update their new phone using play account, and that is the number of being activated Priv.
    11-14-15 08:25 PM
    True, but the content transfer app is not for Priv only and available for more than a year..
    If you look at the Hub, Keyboard, Services and everything Priv related you can see 5,000-10,000 installs.
    Those would be updates to original factory installs and if all Priv's are like mine they gave no instruction that the Blackberry app update feature in the play store had to be manually activated the first time. Should all be set up like mine, the only sales that will show up for those downloads will be from individuals who discover this oversight and go directly to the apps and activate the update feature. You won't be getting much sales information based on this flaw in the system.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Blackberry Priv
    11-14-15 09:15 PM
59 123