Went in to BestBuy today to check out the Priv, as that's where I have always purchased most things electronic...I asked the salesman where they were and this is what he said..."we were told to send them back, as they weren't selling and that the Bell Store were the only ones now able to sell them." Ummmm.......?
    This was my 3rd visit to that particular since the start of December, and they have never actually had one on display.
    No actual question here I guess, just voicing a concern...

I am due for an upgrade on Bell and would still cost about 400$....I was hoping to get at bestbuy cause you usually talk them in to some kind of perk somewhere or get a better promotion.
    Guess I'll have to find it online somewhere!
    01-18-16 06:22 AM
    The "upgrades" they give you these days are just to get you to re-sign onto their newer more expensive plans. If you have a semi-decent plan, you're more than likely not allowed to keep it when you "upgrade". What's worse is that Bell is giving new customers $100 off and existing get nothing.

Check other carriers, only problem is all of them just got rid of BYOD to force people on contracts.
    PicmanPanther likes this.
    01-18-16 06:28 AM
    This seriously would not surprise me at all. It looks to be available on BestBuy online in the US still though
    BlackBerry PRIV 4G with 32GB Memory Cell Phone (Unlocked) Black STV100-1 BLK - Best Buy
    Just looking at the review count on most e-tailers I would say its not selling well at all. I know a very small fraction of people leave reviews but it is likely proportional to sales.
    PicmanPanther and andy957 like this.
    01-18-16 06:30 AM
    Also call retentions. You have a MUCH higher chance of getting anything vs any retail channel. They are only concerned with new customers.
    01-18-16 11:07 AM
    the Priv needs a price drop really
    01-18-16 12:11 PM
    the Priv needs a price drop really
    Got that right!
    01-18-16 12:40 PM
    The "upgrades" they give you these days are just to get you to re-sign onto their newer more expensive plans. If you have a semi-decent plan, you're more than likely not allowed to keep it when you "upgrade". What's worse is that Bell is giving new customers $100 off and existing get nothing.

Check other carriers, only problem is all of them just got rid of BYOD to force people on contracts.
    So true. When I switched from BlackBerry Q5 to BlackBerry Priv in November I could keep my current data and voice plan only by paying more upfront as part of the hardware upgrade fee or buy the new smartphone outright. It was less expensive to sign a two-year contract and keep my current plan. The new data and voice plans are more expensive and in some cases includes less data allowance.

BlackBerry Priv with CrackBerry App for Android
    Ione919 likes this.
    01-18-16 12:46 PM
    You don't say?!?!?

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    Attached Thumbnails [Rumour] BestBuy Canada no longer selling PRIV?-59638.jpg  
    pkcable likes this.
    01-18-16 12:56 PM
    The BB near me has them (Canada), bolted down in a holder that won't show the keyboard. Genius! Would not be surprised it isn't selling there. Too expensive, and the major distinguishing feature is hidden away.
    01-18-16 12:56 PM
    Got my priv for 299 on a renewal just took a little negotiations with rogers on release. However note I have a huge plan with rogers and my bill is over 400 a month w every single service they offer. Alarm, cable w extras, home phone, internet, 5 phones etc. Etc.

If your a long time customer you probably can get 50 off ez

Posted via the Innovative Blackberry PRIV - Powered by Android
    01-18-16 01:09 PM
    You don't say?!?!?

that's on a contract with one of the carriers, i think the OP meant that BestBuy no longer sells the Priv unlocked
    01-18-16 02:25 PM
    that's on a contract with one of the carriers, i think the OP meant that BestBuy no longer sells the Priv unlocked
    i think he means actual physical phones in the store
    01-18-16 03:18 PM
    I wasn't aware that Best Buy sold unlocked phones.

01-18-16 03:46 PM
    i think he means actual physical phones in the store
    According to the website, the Priv is available in nearby stores.

01-18-16 03:48 PM
    According to the website, the Priv is available in nearby stores.

i think he means in his actual area not where everyone else lives he does state he has been to his particular bb with no luck
    01-18-16 03:59 PM
    Got my priv for 299 on a renewal just took a little negotiations with rogers on release. However note I have a huge plan with rogers and my bill is over 400 a month w every single service they offer. Alarm, cable w extras, home phone, internet, 5 phones etc. Etc.

If your a long time customer you probably can get 50 off ez

I think come February, if the price drop rumour to is be believed, they should bring it down to about $249 on 2 year.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-16 04:09 PM

You can easily get that $100 off as well if you're an existing Bell Mobility customer with out a contract. All you have to do is call customer service and ask. They'll see you have no obligation to staying with them because you're out of a contract and giving you the same incentive as a new acquisition would be in their best interest.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    01-18-16 04:13 PM
    Went in to BestBuy today to check out the Priv, as that's where I have always purchased most things electronic...I asked the salesman where they were and this is what he said..."we were told to send them back, as they weren't selling and that the Bell Store were the only ones now able to sell them." Ummmm.......?
    This was my 3rd visit to that particular since the start of December, and they have never actually had one on display.
    No actual question here I guess, just voicing a concern...

I am due for an upgrade on Bell and would still cost about 400$....I was hoping to get at bestbuy cause you usually talk them in to some kind of perk somewhere or get a better promotion.
    Guess I'll have to find it online somewhere!
    If you go with one of the smaller places like wow mobile and such they will generally knock a few bucks off. They also gave me a $50 mastercard gift card.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-18-16 04:17 PM
    I think come February, if the price drop rumour to is be believed, they should bring it down to about $249 on 2 year.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully so more ppl can get there hands on this gem.

01-18-16 04:21 PM
    You can easily get that $100 off as well if you're an existing Bell Mobility customer with out a contract. All you have to do is call customer service and ask. They'll see you have no obligation to staying with them because you're out of a contract and giving you the same incentive as a new acquisition would be in their best interest.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    But they'll still force you off your plan, and they just raise prices. And there will be a bogus upgrade fee. Last carrier to allow plans to be kept was Telus but even they stopped.

Gotta keep the ARPU up somehow.
    01-18-16 04:25 PM
    it's gonna be the deja vu all over again. upon the release, badass new product, minimal advertising. the little advertising that exists is stupid.
    crackberry_geek likes this.
    01-18-16 04:28 PM
    Got that right!
    We'll pay you 50.00 to take one. That's the only price reduction that will work. The big problems with companies that do real well and then ignore market trends and new technology is that they fall so far behind. There is a tipping point in business and when you hit that point you're done. Hate to say it but, Blackberry is done in the phone and OS market. accept it and move on.
    phuoc likes this.
    01-18-16 04:42 PM
    Best buy has so many issues going on right now I wouldn't trust them too much. The holiday season sacked for them so they are looking to blame it on anyone. But themselves. Truthfully the outlet you buy any device from is not as important as getting the device you want.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-18-16 06:16 PM
    I was in my local Best Buy over the weekend and they had Privs on display. In fact, they had a fairly central area dedicated to BlackBerry devices. I'll see if I can take a pic next time I'm there.
    01-18-16 06:38 PM
    BestBuy will be out of business soon, like Circuit City and Borders.
    01-18-16 07:14 PM
54 123