I understand that blackberry will be releasing two new Android /Blackberry phones this year.

The way I see it if at least one of them is not a step up from the priv (and I mean better) then I don't see why anyone would stay with Blackberry, what will be the point in going backwards?

Posted via blackberry priv
    04-30-16 03:54 PM
    Define "backwards".
    04-30-16 03:55 PM
    I think you'll be disappointed. The Priv didn't sell to expectations because it was an expensive, high end device. Corporate buyers were looking for BlackBerry to come out with a $400 device, and that's what they're doing. You'll see that these new devices will be less expensive and likely lack the horsepower of the Priv. As it stands now, people aren't staying with BlackBerry. Making a mid tier Android device might actually bring in new users.

Posted via CB10
    04-30-16 03:57 PM
    Yes I understand that but don't you think there is enough mid range android phone out there, just look at the full touch screen one ,what will make that phone stand out from the rest of the mid range phones ,I can understand the PK one

04-30-16 04:03 PM
    When I said backwards I was looking at it like phone quality not moving forward like every other phone company out there

04-30-16 04:08 PM
    the Rome looks great, looks like a silver edition PRIV with the keyboard permanently exposed

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    phuoc likes this.
    04-30-16 04:38 PM
    Priv is definitely the flagship device. We may never see another BlackBerry flagship. Enjoy it.

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    phuoc likes this.
    04-30-16 04:51 PM
    Priv is overpriced. They may as well try selling lower end android devices
    anon(870071) likes this.
    05-21-16 11:47 PM
    I think you'll be disappointed. The Priv didn't sell to expectations because it was an expensive, high end device. Corporate buyers were looking for BlackBerry to come out with a $400 device, and that's what they're doing. You'll see that these new devices will be less expensive and likely lack the horsepower of the Priv. As it stands now, people aren't staying with BlackBerry. Making a mid tier Android device might actually bring in new users.

Posted via CB10
    All day long on eBay for $350-$400. Which, is what it should have been priced at on release. Most carriers charge full device price nowadays. So, I'm sure a $600-$720 ($720 on Verizon) was a huge factor for more not buying.
    andy957 likes this.
    05-22-16 12:21 AM
    Priv is my last BlackBerry phone, I really want and love the BlackBerry brand but I guess this is the end, I'm not so happy with my Priv, paid premium price and what I got was a heavy bulky phone, slow camera, pictures and videos not as good as samsung galaxy s6 or iPhone. All this in one hand and missing apps such as a file manager is another.

I think this Priv is just big failure, with big screen 90% of Priv users they don't even use or need physical keyboard. The VK is awesome and truly helps me every time I write an email.

05-22-16 12:59 AM
    Priv is my last BlackBerry phone, I really want and love the BlackBerry brand but I guess this is the end, I'm not so happy with my Priv, paid premium price and what I got was a heavy bulky phone, slow camera, pictures and videos not as good as samsung galaxy s6 or iPhone. All this in one hand and missing apps such as a file manager is another.

I think this Priv is just big failure, with big screen 90% of Priv users they don't even use or need physical keyboard. The VK is awesome and truly helps me every time I write an email.

This pretty sums up my experience as well. I just bought a Samsung S7, and so far it outperforms my Priv in everyway. Better camera, no system lags, excellent build quality (no clicking or creaking whatsoever), just a great overall experience. As for the keyboard (both vkb and pkb), well, since BBRY gave up on Asian users (no Chinese support), I wasn't using it in the first place anyways (even though I really wanted to).

Goodbye Blackberry, it has been a nice ride since the Blackberry Curve. I will fire up the Priv again every once in a while, when there's a major update. But other than that, I am gonna enjoy what the rest of the world has to offer.

05-22-16 05:40 AM
    The question to ask, in relation to this thread is, will the Priv qualify to be referred to as a high-end by the time the Rome is released? I think not. I picked the Rome because I feel BlackBerry should just use the same hardware as in the Priv and make changes in the camera department. By then the Rome would be a midrange phone.

Posted via CB10
    05-22-16 06:05 AM
    Mercedes builds the S-Class, but then realize the market slowly doesn't want large flagship limos, but want smaller compact cars and SUVs, so the came up with the GLA, GLC, C-Class to expand sales to a wider customer base?

Is that going backwards if they are trying to cater to the market?

This really is a case of whining that "oh they aren't building what I want so they are ****."
    05-22-16 08:55 AM
    I'm hearing a lot of people mention lag on the priv. I have yet to get any. I'd like to ask how to get lag.

I open games, flip between hub, quickly go to a browser with 12 tabs, run at least 6 apps in the background while multitasking, I'm always doing too many things on my phone compared to anyone else. I just don't see how I can't have lag, and others can.
    05-22-16 09:18 AM
    I'm hearing a lot of people mention lag on the priv. I have yet to get any. I'd like to ask how to get lag.

I open games, flip between hub, quickly go to a browser with 12 tabs, run at least 6 apps in the background while multitasking, I'm always doing too many things on my phone compared to anyone else. I just don't see how I can't have lag, and others can.
    Whereas I can easily get my Classic to heat up just by running a browser...
    05-22-16 09:21 AM
    LOL, I've had a Priv for 5 weeks now and tried a S7 edge along side it. I prefer the Priv. I like the feel of the Priv in my hand. All the apps are the same. I don't see any performance difference.
    FF22 and Matt J like this.
    05-22-16 11:26 AM
    LOL, I've had a Priv for 5 weeks now and tried a S7 edge along side it. I prefer the Priv. I like the feel of the Priv in my hand. All the apps are the same. I don't see any performance difference.
    So much of this is personal feelings. Small details can differentiate one phone from another. On vacation I had occasion to handle a friend's phone. The differences felt significant even if they weren't. I did prefer the Priv.
    andy957 likes this.
    05-22-16 11:41 AM
    The 8mpx fronts camera rumor gives a good reason to buy the rome or hamburg.

Also because they both are not sliders rather they are purpose built phones so they will probably be more solid and lighter.

05-22-16 12:29 PM
    People do realise that the Rome and Hamburg are just fan made pictures, not the real phones? I always read people liking them, but they are not the actual phones

Posted via my BlackBerry Priv or BlackBerry Passport
    05-22-16 12:59 PM
    Weird. I came from a iPhone 6s Plus and don't notice any lag on my Priv?

My previous device before the 6s Plus was a Note 5, so I only like the best lol.

I'm very happy with the Priv so far and I'm still waiting for my Marshmallow update (I'm on AT&T). Once the update comes, I'm sure it's going to be even better.
    FF22, xKingHopy and fanisk like this.
    05-22-16 01:00 PM
    AT&T still has not released the Marshmallow, I had the Priv and now the S7 Edge I still think the Priv is just as good as a phone as my S7 Edge.
    I couldn't see AT&T during horrible support for BB so I decided to switch. Verizon was the worst for the Priv when I had with them.
    05-22-16 04:30 PM
    Lol I often wonder the same thing. I am even still on Lollipop thanks to AT&T and I'm always too flicking through multiple pages and multitasking like a champ. I don't have lag. Maybe cus I'm coming from a Z10 and use to waiting on stuff to happen, but totally not the case with the priv. I suppose comparing it to the s7, a 2016 flagship with qualcomm 820 you're bound to see the s7 being a little snappier but day to day the Priv servers me very well. Only quirk o have with this device is the build quality to be honest. The clicking and creaking do exist.

05-23-16 02:28 AM
    I just got my PRIV for $400 from Verizon. So far, pretty happy with it.
    Last edited by LF_2222; 10-17-16 at 04:52 PM.
    10-17-16 04:27 PM