Ilex are an official BlackBerry distributor in Romania, alongside Orange and Vodafone. QuickMobile are "grey" market, importing from UAE or other countries. Also, QM doesn't offer an official BlackBerry warranty. Emag, Cel, and other online retailers buy their stuff from QM too. I wouldn't risk paying eight-hundred-or-so euros for a product not covered by official warranty.

Posted via CB10 from my exquisite Passport on TMO Romania
    12-17-15 10:09 AM
    Ilex are an official BlackBerry distributor in Romania, alongside Orange and Vodafone. QuickMobile are "grey" market, importing from UAE or other countries. Also, QM doesn't offer an official BlackBerry warranty. Emag, Cel, and other online retailers buy their stuff from QM too. I wouldn't risk paying eight-hundred-or-so euros for a product not covered by official warranty.

Hm... Not to good...
    And eurogsm.ro? Any info? And the Warranty on other than Ilex is not valid?

Posted via CB10
    12-17-15 12:05 PM
    The warranty is valid on others, but it's not BlackBerry official warranty. Usually they change the phone if broken. It works that way with Orange, Vodafone or Ilex.

QuickMobile though offer a warranty valid only at QuickService, which is their repair shop. And lots and lots of customers have reported the Quick voids the warranty for pretty much no reason if the phones are broken.

You can check the Softpedia.com forums for lots of reports regarding QuickMobile's business practice.

I'd pay extra attention before buying from them, anyway.

12-17-15 01:01 PM
    I replace my order on Ilex. Good warranty is important for me.
    12-17-15 01:55 PM
    I wondered why they promoted BB on their homepage so often, but I had no idea ilex is an official BB distributor. Does shop blackberry sell straight to Romania?

I just got notified that the phone is out for delivery, expected to arrive tomorrow or on Monday.

This is a bad time to deliver a phone though.. lots of orders and delivery companies are swamped. I hope it arrives safely so I don't have to return it next week.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-15 08:09 AM
    No, the official BlackBerry Shop UE doesn't deliver to RO. I've tried it myself, no luck. Guess we're not in the UE for BlackBerry.

Last year I was checking on blackberry.com, and for Romania there were 3 official distributors listed: Orange, Vodafone and Ilex.

12-18-15 08:33 AM
    I got my Priv 2 days ago from quickmobile, it's STV100-3 Regional Honk Kong , it's made in Mexico 6 271115.
    All I have to say at this point is that I have no back cracks (aside from the location where the wifi charging is missing), screen clicks (although I may have a small small one in the upper left side but it's not clicking just the screen feels like it can be pushed a bit insde), no battery overheating (my Nokia 930 get way more hot than the Priv), it has a bit of lag in the play store when I scroll from the keyboard, other than that it's smooth (and I removed the animations first thing after I got it). Battery at this point is good I lost about 25% to 35% and I played with the phone and setup stuff for about 3 hours and a half. The build quality is surprisingly good on my unit (considering what some folks say on crackberry).
    Overall I couldn't have made a better choice and I'm excited as f**k about the phone, it's without a doubt a must have android phone.
    Last edited by Scovik; 12-19-15 at 11:01 AM.
    chrisro likes this.
    12-19-15 09:22 AM
    No sure what to stay about ilex or quickgsm. I opted for the express warranty what ever that is worth.
    Either way it doesn't really matter from where you get the phone as long as you have a warranty and softpadia is full of useless users which complain. I rarely trust second hand forums like softpedia...
    12-19-15 11:06 AM
    Don't worry, the Priv is one of the best BB ever made, even if I really miss my Passport SE. I received it 3 weeks ago (via shopblackberry UK), I didn't want to wait so long until ilexgsm or Orange brings it. I'm simply amazed every day how efficient BB integrated their productive stuff on Android, it's the best of both world. I hope you don't received the device with creaky side, mine was, but I solved it by opening it and put a credit card in the back and now the device is perfect! (I know, at this price it shouldn't be a hardware default like this but if it can be solved, it's ok for me ;-)
    I just got mine today. Mine is very creaky overall. How did you open up the phone?

The keyboard is also a lot mushier than on the Classic and Passport. This is just 2 hours in, and I'm not 100% satisfied with the build quality.
    12-21-15 07:21 AM
    I opened the device like in this video :
    Just don't take off the keyboard, you don't need it. Begin with the side, take off the sim card and sd card tray, be very careful there, because it's the most difficult and sensible part, the rest of the back is easy to take off.
    The Passport SE and Classic are the best keyboard ever made, I knew that the Priv one will not be like this but you get used to it, anyway I type now much more quicker on the touch one that the phisical one.
    werkregen likes this.
    12-21-15 08:38 AM
    Well... I followed the guide and apparently I'm not as delicate as I thought. I managed to break the side button between the 2 volume buttons. On the other hand, a Selgros membership card in the back of the phone does wonders to the creakyness.
    12-22-15 04:08 AM
    Either I'm not as pick as you guys are or I just got really luck with my unit since I don't have creaking or screen lifting in the lower left side. The back creaks a bit but nothing major. I won't open it up to put in a plastic card, at this point I'm not bothered at all about the back, however I do wonder what happens when you put in that plastic card and the battery heats up.
    12-23-15 09:00 AM
    Either I'm not as pick as you guys are or I just got really luck with my unit since I don't have creaking or screen lifting in the lower left side. The back creaks a bit but nothing major. I won't open it up to put in a plastic card, at this point I'm not bothered at all about the back, however I do wonder what happens when you put in that plastic card and the battery heats up.
    Well, probably lucky since mone cracked even when I held it to my ear. It was too annoying. Worth sacrificing a button.
    12-23-15 12:08 PM
    I found this today.
    I'm going to order one and see how it is, I was looking for something to protect the screen but I wasn't keen on tempered glass, better this than nothing on the screen.
    12-23-15 06:22 PM
    Good find. I might buy one of these too. From my experience tempered glass protection is the best, even though I like my phones naked.
    12-24-15 06:38 PM
    Good find. I might buy one of these too. From my experience tempered glass protection is the best, even though I like my phones naked.
    They will have the screen protector in stock in mid January or so they told me
    I will get a call from them when they will be able to order it and ship it to me.
    12-30-15 05:39 AM
    So how do you guys like the phone? I assume you bought it and use it on a daily basis
    Does it stand up to your expectations?
    01-27-16 01:28 AM
    So how do you guys like the phone? I assume you bought it and use it on a daily basis
    Does it stand up to your expectations?
    I am happy with my phone. Not as good as an BB10 OS, but it is ok.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-27-16 03:26 AM
    It's better than bb10 in some aspects, primarily the selection of apps and bigger screen but android still has some bugs. Recently I've been annoyed by the light sensor and priority notifications not working right.

Also, the classic and passport feel more premium than priv, imo.

Overall i consider it a good decision but next time I'll buy a cheaper BlackBerry with android. The PRIV's price was justified for me because i really wanted an Android bb, but I don't think I'll buy such an expensive phone in the future, and objectively I'd say it was priced about 100euro too much.
    01-27-16 10:03 AM
    Grated that the price is high but on the other hand we have a far richer experience than any other android phone out there or any other phone for that matter. It's like everyone here keeps saying, the more you use it the more you like it
    So far everything is excellent, I'm waiting for 6.0 upgrade
    01-27-16 03:45 PM
45 12