Does anyone have this problem also??? I set ringtones that I have dragged over from my laptop and I set certain people with certain songs. Yea sure it works perfectly fine for a few hours or until a restart then it absolutely reverts back to the default tone. What is the malfunction and is it just MY phone that does this??? What folder does everyone have their ringtone music in? I can't see that being the issue though since it plays just fine when they text and I first set the tone in their contact. Then buh bye by the next day. So done resetting 10 people DAILY back to what I need their text tones to be. Any help I'd appreciate.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-15-16 03:13 PM
    If the sounds are on your SD card, try moving them to on-device storage.

Posted by twiddling my thumbs on the mighty Qued! - Channel C003DAB77
    02-15-16 03:21 PM
    Exactly. Storing apps on SD card is an Android issue was level 2 support with BlackBerry on similar issues with launcher when told immediately by tech it was problem

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv
    02-15-16 03:26 PM
    They're not on the SD card. . . So none of it makes any sense. In fact I just ordered the SD card 2 weeks ago so when I first started having this issue there wasn't even a card in the phone.

02-15-16 05:13 PM
    Call BlackBerry 24 hour support

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on Priv
    02-15-16 06:05 PM
    You have to move the ringtones to the phones storage and ringtone folder using your file manager.
    Redo the ringtone for your contact, close everything out and just for good measure, restart your phone (although not really needed, I do it cuz I'm old and rebooting fixes and saves everything)

Posted via Priv
    STV100-3
    02-15-16 06:31 PM
    I have this issue as well, OP. I have tried all of the suggestions listed here, but the phone keeps losing ringtones after a reboot. This just started happening, probably as a result of something getting updated. Very aggravating.

No one cares about your device history.
    02-15-16 06:39 PM
    My custom ringtones disappeared a few times as well, they were still in the ringtone folder but the contacts reverted to no ringtone so phone didn't ring when they called.
    02-15-16 10:17 PM
    So how did it stop doing it or hasn't it stopped? So far I'm not getting anywhere closer to resolving this extremely frustrating problem. Changing ten people's contacts a few times a week gets quite tiresome. Call BlackBerry? Probably just be on customer service with someone I can barely understand as usual. Unless BlackBerry has better customer service than most.

02-16-16 12:52 AM
    Well, I re added the custom tones. However after that, I bought smart sound profiler app to control my volume levels at different times of day and I saw in that app, I could assign custom ring tones to contacts. So I did that thru the app. Hasn't happened again yet but I don't know why it happened the first time and if this is a "permanent" fix. By the way when this happened my default ringtone assignment (custom song) also changed itself to the factory default ringtone. All are in the ringtone folder on the device, not SD card. I heard BlackBerry support is good tho I have been getting my support here! May be worth a try.
    02-16-16 05:44 AM
    ...and be glad urs is defaulting to a ringtone at all, "none" like mine did, does not ring. Make sure no apps you installed are doing this to you by accident...since my "bug" is different than yours, it could be bc of something installed.
    02-16-16 05:47 AM
    Updated the title a little, to attract some help from the BBRY folks that are floating around the forums...
    02-16-16 09:55 AM
    Oh my God this keeps happening to me and it is driving me insane!! It keeps resetting to no ringtone and my phone doesn't ring.
    02-21-16 05:38 PM
    This is ridiculous.
    02-21-16 05:38 PM
    Two of my custom contact ringtones have disappeared from my phone. This is a really odd issue. Zoc who is ur carrier? I'm tmo. This happened right after I noticed the tmo apps I uninstalled found their way back to my phone.
    02-22-16 05:54 AM
    I saw that there is no solution to the problem yet on this thread. It's frustrating to say the least. I use the BBM tone for what's app and whenever I brevoot the phone it goes back to a default and worse yet sometimes it goes back to none. please help!!!
    03-30-16 07:44 AM
    Same issue and been for months now. Seems there is no fix for it. BlackBerry hasn't resolved this and we keep going around in circles. Ughhhh@!!!!!

05-25-16 01:20 AM