On my 6S Plus, I don't have Drastic w/ PKB support
    04-16-16 11:24 PM
    So the Priv doesn't run all android apps and games? Whatcha talking about?
    No the Priv runs everything that I need it to run but you know some people want the world when it comes to games and apps.
    kbz1960 and mmcclure0453 like this.
    04-18-16 03:30 PM
    hmmmm.....not sure if i want one now i like the look of it but i like bb os better, had blackberry for about 15 yrs now was only getting priv for strava. sod it i'll get a passport and a garmin lol
    04-20-16 03:33 PM
    I don't have a Priv but am not liking android like I like BB10
    04-20-16 04:00 PM
    I bought the Priv in the weekend and unfortunately I will be returning it. The main reason is it's too heavy and a bit wide for my small hands. I was hoping it would work out because I wouldn't even need to use a case due to the nice grippy back. In a matter of 2 hours my entire left arm hurt and that's also because of an injury from a car accident. I may have given it a longer try if the screen didn't wobble so much. It's so bad that even when I touch the screen you can feel the screen moving. I bought the Priv in full price from Costco for $800 + $100 for their insurance plan. Because Costco had just changed their policy and no longer sell phones in full price, my options are 1. return it for a full refund or 2. Make a claim through insurance but I would have to pay $50 for a brand new replacement. I wasn't willing to take that risk at the off chance that I will end up with another wobbly screen. I know slider phones do wobble after time, but this was brand new and the wobble was pretty bad. My brother knows I'm picky and he even said it was really bad and wouldn't keep it. During the time that I played around with the Priv, I am impressed with Blackberry's first attempt on an Android. When BlackBerry releases the full touchscreen one, I hope that one works out for me. As a BlackBerry fan and stock holder, I really want them to stay in the handset business.

So as of now, I still have my S7 and Note 5. I have one of those "i" devices that the Priv was suppose to replace it with. I might look into getting the Nexus 6P. I know it's a big phone, but it's not as heavy as the Priv. And the Nexus 6P is not that far off from the Note 5 size wise.

It's been nice chatting with some of you guys. I guess since I don't own a Priv, I don't belong here.

Cheers!
    04-25-16 05:47 PM

It's been nice chatting with some of you guys. I guess since I don't own a Priv, I don't belong here.

Cheers!
    Don't go! Once you've signed up, you can't leave!
    wirelessgal likes this.
    04-25-16 06:00 PM
    Don't go! Once you've signed up, you can't leave!
    Really eh? You probably wouldn't miss me at all.
    04-25-16 06:15 PM
    Really eh? You probably wouldn't miss me at all.
    Oy, but we would!
    04-25-16 06:30 PM
    Oy, but we would!
    Oh, you're just saying that to be nice, because you're a nice person.
    FF22 likes this.
    04-25-16 06:36 PM
    Oh, you're just saying that to be nice, because you're a nice person.
    Sometimes it takes a lot of effort!
    04-25-16 09:45 PM
    Returned my Priv, picked up a Galaxy S7 instead. Really wanted to loventhe Priv, and gave it a few months. In the end it was mostly hardware/build quality issues that were unacceptable.

1. Screen lift and wobble. I used the screen twist technique to tighten things up on the slider mechanism, but the fix barely lasted a day.

2. Creaking back.

3. Spongy hardware keyboard. You could see it give in the center unlike any BlackBerry keyboard I have ever used. I'm not paying $700+ for such poor build quality.

4. The fact that LG and Samsung can update their flagships to Marshmallow and BlackBerry is still messing around with beta testing 6 months after Android 6.0 released.

Samsung S7 6.0.1
    05-02-16 11:14 PM
    marshmallow out today for carriers! N/E ways, if your looking for a solid. I know your looking for a apple device, I mean it doesn't get more solid than that. Its sad when people return this phone, because it's just coming out with new cool features. (Like img stabalisation and better battery life)
    05-03-16 03:55 AM
    Returned my Priv, picked up a Galaxy S7 instead. Really wanted to loventhe Priv, and gave it a few months. In the end it was mostly hardware/build quality issues that were unacceptable.

1. Screen lift and wobble. I used the screen twist technique to tighten things up on the slider mechanism, but the fix barely lasted a day.

2. Creaking back.

3. Spongy hardware keyboard. You could see it give in the center unlike any BlackBerry keyboard I have ever used. I'm not paying $700+ for such poor build quality.

4. The fact that LG and Samsung can update their flagships to Marshmallow and BlackBerry is still messing around with beta testing 6 months after Android 6.0 released.

Samsung S7 6.0.1
    How were you able to return it after a few months of use? Who's your carrier?

Posted with Norg's BB Priv via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-03-16 05:44 AM
    How were you able to return it after a few months of use? Who's your carrier?

Posted with Norg's BB Priv via the CrackBerry App for Android
    T-Mobile. Using their Jump On Demand program. Lets you turn in your phone and upgrade 3 times a year. Their program for customers that always need the latest in tech. Attracted me as I have high standards for a $700 device.

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=WrOAvDwj

Samsung S7 6.0.1
    05-03-16 10:30 PM
    I am. I received it yesterday. While I have to admit that it feels great to have apps that I had never got to work on my Z10, Q10, and Classic, this thing is way too buggy and should not be ready for release!

I think I desperately need an update! I received it with 62% battery life, and it went to 5% in two hours. Also, it does this screen flickering thing that won't stop until I've rebooted the device. It also does this annoying thing of having pop-ups just right across the screen, thus disrupting my workflow. What happened to toast notifications? It no longer lets me reply from the toast notification itself! This is stressing me out and is definitely not ready for production, let alone worth $639.

I really want to like this phone, but it is not useful to me. I knew I had to jump ship from BlackBerry 10; I just didn't know if I should get Android or iPhone. I guess I should've gone with the iPhone! Or maybe back to BlackBerry 10 with the Passport. Advice?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Coachbulldog likes this.
    05-05-16 05:27 PM
    I am. I received it yesterday. While I have to admit that it feels great to have apps that I had never got to work on my Z10, Q10, and Classic, this thing is way too buggy and should not be ready for release!

I think I desperately need an update! I received it with 62% battery life, and it went to 5% in two hours. Also, it does this screen flickering thing that won't stop until I've rebooted the device. It also does this annoying thing of having pop-ups just right across the screen, thus disrupting my workflow. What happened to toast notifications? It no longer lets me reply from the toast notification itself! This is stressing me out and is definitely not ready for production, let alone worth $639.

I really want to like this phone, but it is not useful to me. I knew I had to jump ship from BlackBerry 10; I just didn't know if I should get Android or iPhone. I guess I should've gone with the iPhone! Or maybe back to BlackBerry 10 with the Passport. Advice?

Probably you have a faulty unit because I have never heard for a flickering screen.

About the battery life it depends what you are doing with the phone. To my experience I never managed to achieve more than 4 to 5 hours screen on time with Lolilop OS at least , so what you refer might be quite normal especially at your first day when accounts are synchronized , apps updated etc.

Pop up notifications are quite annoying to me too , you can disable them by entering to the notifications of each app.

You can then have all the notifications to the notification tray of the phone up on top, quite similar to the BlackBerry 10.
    Brooklyn-Brooklyn likes this.
    05-06-16 09:53 PM

2. Creaking back.

Samsung S7 6.0.1
    Unbelievable another faulty unit ,which is understandable $700 is a lot to just throw away settling dealing with with unnecessary issues .. I've been where you where ,I did the same thing, return for a S7 Edge ..
    05-07-16 08:14 AM
    I just got my priv the other day. I had and have had the same battery performance out of the box and after doing all the usual recommended tips. My 2 year old z30 is a way better phone but I had to leave att due to disgust. On net10 wireless and they said didn't support blackberry so got the priv. I had androids in between Blackberrys in the past and I'm disappointed to see battery life is still horrendous even with the priv's generous battery. I have noticed adaptive brightness doesn't change the brightness level so smoothly and does appear to flicker. So maybe that's what's being experienced. That gave me the idea to try turning off adaptive brightness and manually setting brightness. Just one more thing the phone doesn't have to do. I'm not hopeful though, as I've been turning off features to no avail.
    05-08-16 08:21 AM
    Just wanted to update that by using battery save mode part of the day and other cleaner apps I was able to get through a pretty busy day with moderate regular use, and a lot of picture taking (mercury transiting the sun). Just priv held up to eyepiece of a telescope. Its been a 12 hour day and I have 20% left. Not what I feared but room for improvement. Looking forward to that update through att.......
    Attached Thumbnails Returning your Priv? Post here DON'T START A THREAD-1462842345995.jpg  
    05-09-16 08:09 PM
    I oredered my PRIV through Amazon. "Sold by and Fulfilled by Amazon" I am on my third return due to build quality issues. Unfortunately, I am beginning to wish I had kept the first one I recieved the only issue it had was that the SIM tray did not fully inset. I like to keep my phones "naked" and I was affraid the tray would catch on something. That phone was solid and the screen didn't wobble. The last two I have gotten not so much...
    05-17-16 11:02 AM
    I am actually toying with the idea of using my older Samsung S6. Between the heavy weight, size, and the constant heating, I've had it. Too bad, because I absolutely love everything else about the Priv. Damn you BlackBerry, why do make bulky phones :/

Brooklyn-Brooklyn likes this.
    05-19-16 09:48 PM
    Why is up with blackberry and their lack of support. This will be my 3rd device in the last few years, I have returned due to lack of support. Have loved BlackBerry over the last couple of decades but their lack of support for updating hardware or software is unbearable. Waiting this long for a software update is just another way to alienate a base who would have supported your lousy company!
    05-20-16 08:39 AM
    I have also returned mine due to build quality issues and the android apps being inferior to the equivalent iPhone apps. I really love the Priv, but until they get the phone right it is not for me. I can probably get used the inferiority of the apps as that is not my primary concern, I actually like to use the phone for *gasp* phone calls and the Priv really shined there.

The other issue for me was the battery drain, even after updating to Marshmallow, it improved but could barely make it an entire day.

Fix the build quality and battery issues, maybe even add a fingerprint reader in the Priv 2 and sign me up. The price to me is not the primary issue in purchasing a phone, but I do want to get what I pay for, quality oozing everywhere.
    05-20-16 04:58 PM
    I really thought I could get used to the OS but unfortunately I just can't. Think I'll just go back to the BB10 OS.
    05-21-16 05:50 PM
    I really thought I could get used to the OS but unfortunately I just can't. Think I'll just go back to the BB10 OS.
    I like many here find the Android lacking for my purposes compared to current OS10. But I now need enough Android apps that I have to adjust. BlackBerry devices have been Focused on business needs but Android puts social networking at much higher priority. From what I read, the MM version has become more mature with some of the features we liked in OS10.

05-26-16 06:28 AM
1,123 ... 4041424344 ...