Honestly... I was so excited to pick up my Priv today. Got it home, hooked it up to WiFi and let it do its updates.

After it settled it I did the basic setup. Google account, BBM setup, etc.

What a disappointment. I've never really used Android much before, but it is quite clear that BB10 and.. OMG.. even iOS is was more user friendly.

I know Blaize did a review, but my own review is a different story.

I couldn't get it too hook up to my work Exchange account. What took my Passport a few minutes was impossible with the Priv. Same settings, no luck. The only email that works is GMail.

The Hub is a joke. There is no BlackBerry in this device. Except for the DTeck app everything else is just clunky Android.

The physical keyboard is cramped. After coming from a Passport, this thing is terrible. The virtual keyboard is better.

I'm returning it tomorrow.

The Passport is the best device BlackBerry ever made.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 09:42 PM
    Honestly... I was so excited to pick up my Priv today. Got it home, hooked it up to WiFi and let it do its updates.

What a disappointment. I've never really used Android much before, but it is quite clear that BB10 and.. OMG.. even iOS is was more user friendly.

I couldn't get it too hook up to my work Exchange account. What took my Passport a few minutes was impossible with the Priv. Same settings, no luck. The only email that works is GMail.

The Hub is a joke. There is no BlackBerry in this device. Except for the DTeck app everything else is just clunky Android.

The physical keyboard is cramped. After coming from a Passport, this thing is terrible. The virtual keyboard is better.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks

I cancelled my order last minute. Looks like now wait times are almost a month. I'm currently using awful android. Love the passport but waiting patiently for the lumia 950 xl

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-06-15 09:47 PM
    it is an android after all its not much different than other androids just a few sprinkles of blackberry
    11-06-15 09:47 PM
    I guess water and oil don't mix, after all.
    The Passport is the best device BlackBerry ever made. In comparison to priv, no argument there.
    11-06-15 09:48 PM
    You said it yourself, you've never tried android before.

Give it at least a week before returning it.

Get used to the OS, Android isn't that bad. BB10 has its pros and cons, and so does android, but give it time.

Last edited by dna47; 11-15-15 at 12:05 AM.
    So you used it for less than 24 hrs and have concluded is crappie, good review!!

Took me a week to get used to the passport keyboard when I got it, even when it was the same bb10 os, imagine how long will it take to LEARN how to use a complete different os and keyboard layout and size.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv
    It's not near as fluid or good as BB10 but updates could change that. Unfortunately I feel a somewhat similar as you and think that this phone really wasn't ready for release. BB10 was a mess out of the box and I expected this to be one. How quick they fix it is going to be what matters.
    There is nothing BlackBerry about this device except the hardware.

Posted via CB10
    I hope your prepared for the typical comments like "give it a couple weeks" and "it's too early to make a firm decision " lol.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 09:49 PM
    It does make you miss BB10, but you need to give it more time.
    11-06-15 09:52 PM

Posted via CB10
    Wow. I am sorry man. I held out from pre ordering and went to Att store to see and feel the Priv...let just say I am keeping my 3 month old Z30 and am more grateful than ever to have the Z30. The good news is I believe John Chen hinted about other devices after the Priv...let's hope so.
    sam81 and Yukonlass like this.
    I hope your prepared for the typical comments like "give it a couple weeks" and "it's too early to make a firm decision " lol.

Posted via CB10
    Lol I've been hearing that all day. I will give it a little time though before I return it.
    thats the whole problem- you're expecting to have the same bb10 experience, but as you already figured, it's quite different. I'd give it some time to adjust, especially the keyboard since it's all muscle memory
    DINGSTER1, Xaiux, FF22 and 4 others like this.
    11-06-15 09:54 PM
    I'm not a novice. I can't even set up a basic EAS email account on this thing. The Hub is terrible. I'm getting friggin Google notifications from people I don't even know.

When I got my Passport, I had to adapt to the keyboard a bit, but the OS was totally intuitive. The Priv is terrible. The physical keyboard it too small for the device.

There is no BlackBerry heritage in this thing. I thought that it would feel like a BlackBerry but it doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 09:54 PM
    Literally all the issues you stated are android issues...aside from the keyboard. Even my iPhone had an easier setup than another android for email. If you can't deal with android then you won't like the priv no matter what

11-06-15 09:55 PM
    Update all BlackBerry apps and services. Adds a lot of usability and smoothness to the device, and they don't auto update yet.

Search Play Store for "BlackBerry". My Copy/Paste:

Make sure you manually update all BlackBerry apps, the ones it ships with are all buggy.

After updating BlackBerry Hub, BlackBerry Services, BlackBerry keyboard, BlackBerry Calendar, BlackBerry launcher, and Password Keeper (whew!) it feels a lot better.

None of them showed updates available from the main My Apps page, but searching for them showed an update available. Once you do that, they show up in your apps.

 Posted in CB10 from my amazing SQUARE OG Passport 
    There is nothing BlackBerry about this device except the hardware.

Posted via CB10
    Did Blackberry make the curved screen and internals? Samsung maybe? The Priv reportedly has some of the same issues as the S6 Edge...suspect battery life and getting warm.
    The thing was really hot. Maybe it was settling in, but it felt too hot for my liking.

Posted via CB10
    Yukonlass likes this.
    11-06-15 09:57 PM
    The z30 is the best. Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 09:59 PM
    I'm not a novice. I can't even set up a basic EAS email account on this thing. The Hub is terrible. I'm getting friggin Google notifications from people I don't even know.

When I got my Passport, I had to adapt to the keyboard a bit, but the OS was totally intuitive. The Priv is terrible. The physical keyboard it too small for the device.

There is no BlackBerry heritage in this thing. I thought that it would feel like a BlackBerry but it doesn't.

Posted via CB10
    When you purchase a product for over $700.00 US or CAN you should not be feeling like this afterwards. I felt relieved after I walked out of that ATT store that I did not buy the Priv. Hey, it is getting cold now...I will go buy a new sweater and get some hot chocolate with my money and enjoy my Z30. I do not believe sleeping on this thing a week is going to change the way you feel. Follow your gut.
    11-06-15 10:04 PM
    Are you kidding me Op?

Of course it gets hot when charging or settling in. The Passport is the same. It's due to the brand of processor in it.

It's so simple to add Exchange email. Download the Outlook app from Google Play. I'm sure it can be done inside the hub too quite easily.

11-06-15 10:05 PM
    Mine is going back tomorrow too. I wanted to give this $724 phone a chance but I need it to function for my daily needs which include being able to attach files for email off an SD card for starters. How this was missed by BlackBerry and the "reviewers" is beyond me. Not to mention the heat this phone generates. I will continue on with my work horse aka "Passport". I feel like I'm losing too much (Blend, full use of the hub, native file manager, etc.) with nothing really to gain. I'm sure BlackBerry will get the kinks worked out eventually. I'll probably give it another shot down the road. For those of you that have Privs, enjoy, the phone has potential to be something special.

Posted via CB10
    ssbtech, RezzaBuh, Bay 13 and 5 others like this.
    11-06-15 10:05 PM
    When you purchase a product for over $700.00 US or CAN you should not be feeling like this afterwards. I felt relieved after I walked out of that ATT store that I did not buy the Priv. Hey, it is getting cold now...I will go buy a new sweater and get some hot chocolate with my money and enjoy my Z30. I do not believe sleeping on this thing a week is going to change the way you feel. Follow your gut.
    For the most part, I feel this way. I'm very particular about what I spend money on, so me dropping $700 on a device without fully testing it first ain't happenin..lol. While I personally don't have nothing against the Android UI (heck, I used it long enough), so people will not like it, but they will totally ignore that for the sake of Snapchat...lol. It is what it is.
    11-06-15 10:09 PM
    Mine is going back tomorrow too. I wanted to give this $724 phone a chance but I need it to function for my daily needs which include being able to attach files for email off an SD card for starters. How this was missed by BlackBerry and the "reviewers" is beyond me. Not to mention the heat this phone generates. I will continue on with my work horse aka "Passport". I feel like I'm losing too much (Blend, full use of the hub, native file manager, etc.) with nothing really to gain. I'm sure BlackBerry will get the kinks worked out eventually. I'll probably give it another shot down the road. For those of you that have Privs, enjoy, the phone has potential to be something special.

Posted via CB10
    What? Hit the paperclip button and it will ask you what file manager to use. I recommend ES File Explorer but you need to have it installed before selecting the paper clip. Then navigate to your SD card. On my phone it's called SDcard1

This is how Android works

11-06-15 10:10 PM
    LOL. It's like someone going from a Mac laptop to a Windows laptop, playing with the Mac for 3 hours and saying - "I hate it, it sucks, Windows is the best".

It's a whole new OS. You aren't going to master it and feel comfortable with it in an afternoon. Common sense. You'd have the same argument as me if someone came from iOS, tried BB10 for a day, and declared it sucks.

But hey, it's a free country, do what you like.

Posted via CB10
    11-06-15 10:10 PM
1,123 123 ...