Quick one. If you have a Priv and you miss the swipe up, I recommend downloading an app called...

"swipe up utility"

Quite flexible and the best part is you never ever get to see the stupidity and uselessness of 'Google Now' ever again.
    12-17-15 08:02 AM
    Not the same as peek.

Not much of a big difference between the current swipe up from home virtual button. Just need to swipe left or right.. not hard to do...
    12-17-15 08:04 AM
    Great suggestion... What was the BlackBerry team thinking not implementing this stock. They want people to enjoy a "blackberry experience" yet the android system reminds us nothing of it.
    talalal likes this.
    01-01-16 12:50 PM

Excellent idea! I found this video when trying to find an app demo... a few other options
    Jonneh likes this.
    01-01-16 02:13 PM
    No I can do with out the swipe up I liked it on bb10 but don't miss the line going up on my screen

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-01-16 03:22 PM
    Great suggestion... What was the BlackBerry team thinking not implementing this stock. They want people to enjoy a "blackberry experience" yet the android system reminds us nothing of it.
    Likely just to attract those already on Android. BB10s swiping gestures would be confusing on Android.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 03:28 PM
    Likely just to attract those already on Android. BB10s swiping gestures would be confusing on Android.

Posted via CB10
    This would make absolute sense if we were talking about iOS. But gestures can be used all over Android if you wanted. In fact, many Android users use gestures on their home screens from the likes of Nova Launcher. Or just any of the thousands of gesture apps available in the Play Store. :-)
    JWW likes this.
    01-01-16 03:35 PM
    For those that may not know, you can swipe directly up from the square to open the hub. No need to do the "up and right"

Never noticed this until someone else on the forum pointed this out

Posted via Blackberry "Perv"
    Jonneh and bg2law like this.
    01-01-16 03:38 PM
    For those that may not know, you can swipe directly up from the square to open the hub. No need to do the "up and right"

Can that be changed? I'd prefer is to swipe up on the left of the screen...
    01-01-16 03:43 PM
    Can that be changed? I'd prefer is to swipe up on the left of the screen...
    Yes just move your hub shortcut to the left side of the three options rather than the right. Then, when you swipe up from the triangle (left side), hub will be there

Setting --) swipe shortcuts --) enjoy!

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-01-16 03:45 PM

Thanks for the tip ! I didn't noticed it before.
    01-01-16 06:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    Then put an option at least...
    01-02-16 01:01 AM
    Swipe up utility no longer works after MM update. Anyone have an alternative solution? I need my swipe up to get to the home screen ala BB10.

Posted via my Priv 6.0.1
    05-04-16 08:06 AM
    I had to go back into it, reset "swipe up" as default utility then go into the original swipe shortcuts, click the one you want to change, click "choose App" ( I think, the one on the far left), then find the one you want, and all is well
    05-04-16 08:28 AM
    I had to go back into it, reset "swipe up" as default utility then go into the original swipe shortcuts, click the one you want to change, click "choose App" ( I think, the one on the far left), then find the one you want, and all is well
    I tried this. I deleted and reinstalled the app and still no luck.

Posted via my Priv 6.0.1
    05-04-16 08:50 AM
    I'm not sure how it works for you. I have: Made Swipe Up the default Assist app and made sure that swipe up is launched when I swipe up from home. However, when I do that I get the Swipe Up utility settings.

I have noticed that holding now the home button now activates Swipe Up correctly (as I had it configured on lollipop).
    05-04-16 08:50 AM
    I'm not sure how it works for you. I have: Made Swipe Up the default Assist app and made sure that swipe up is launched when I swipe up from home. However, when I do that I get the Swipe Up utility settings.

I have noticed that holding now the home button now activates Swipe Up correctly (as I had it configured on lollipop).
    This is what I get when I long press the home button now. And obviously not what I would like this app to do.

Posted via my Priv 6.0.1
    Attached Thumbnails Return of "The Swipe Up" for PRIV !-1189958.jpg  
    05-04-16 08:54 AM
    Azn I've made a program that opens recent apps while closing itself justfor this issue, if you configure the middle shortcut to run it it will work on MM just like the BB10 gesture

https://www.filefactory.com/file/31f...psLauncher.apk

please let me know if it helps you
    09-01-16 10:12 PM
    Azn I've made a program that opens recent apps while closing itself justfor this issue, if you configure the middle shortcut to run it it will work on MM just like the BB10 gesture

https://www.filefactory.com/file/31f...psLauncher.apk

please let me know if it helps you
    Hi could you restore the link please. Its expired right now.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-02-17 02:20 AM