YMMV, but I just cannot take the creaking/clicking anymore. I spent �560 on a device which has the worst build quality I have seen in years - and I buy lots of phones.

In addition here are my other issues:

- speaker is poor quality and not loud enough
    - headphone output low
    - the Hub isn't useful at all
    - A little laggy. Compare to a Nexus 6P and you will see a simply massive difference.

However, I actually really liked some aspects:

- Keyboard. Small and difficult... but different
    - Screen is nice
    - Design is solid

Anyway, its been fun being in these forums again, but I think they dropped the ball on this. Im sure some of you have a perfect device, but a premium device shouldn't leave the factory like this and I know I am not alone. This is not the way to try and sell phones.
    11-26-15 03:45 AM
    Agree, I will be doing the same. I think the phone is great, I have an Android tablet so its fairly familiar. The software obviously isn't there yet but that doesn't bother me so much as that will be improved in time, however the creaky nature of my phone can't be improved so easily and for a device at this price point I'm not prepared to live with it.

I'd be interested to know if anyone in the UK has a STV100-4 that doesn't creak because all the people I've seen posting that theirs are fine seem to be outside of the UK. Maybe we got an early batch?
    11-26-15 04:01 AM
    I am in the USA and I have a AT&T model and I haven't experienced any of the creaking issue folks are complaining about.

I also have one of the first batch devices distributed here. I don't know the difference between the two models, but I am a happy camper with the build quality of my unit.
    11-26-15 04:25 AM
    Although I've just found a page that has a video on how to resolve it. I can't post a url as I'm not allowed but if you Google "creaky priv" there is a video with details.
    Witmen likes this.
    11-26-15 04:46 AM
    It "solves" 1 sort of creaking (temporarily?) but won't solve the fact the back simply doesn't fit the chassis properly. Possibly this is due to the missing Qi coil... but this will always be a source of creakiness..
    AllanQuatermain likes this.
    11-26-15 04:52 AM
    The return will happen tomorrow. I do feel a little sad about it - I like that this device is "different" but I simply cannot forgive the build quality. As stated, maybe its specific to me and a few others, maybe its specific to model variants, but from my perspective none of that matters. I could buy a �100 Android phone which is more solidly built than this, and that cannot be right.
    11-26-15 05:02 AM
    So the Priv is not what it was creaked up to be?

Posted via CB10
    11-26-15 05:03 AM
    I think the launch was delayed due to feature-creak.
    Elephant_Canyon likes this.
    11-26-15 05:05 AM
    I actually agree with all your likes and dislikes. I've just switched back to my BlackBerry Classic to get a break from the Priv lol. Gets a few things so right but so many things so wrong...

Posted via CB10
    kertong likes this.
    11-26-15 05:12 AM
    Could you just be a creak pot?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-26-15 05:34 AM
    You're not alone. I have an att model with all the creakiness it could have.

I hate this phone. I'm stuck with it though. I had my chance to take it back but saw nothing else I'd rather replace it with and didn't feel like going back to an outdated z10. Then two days after my return limit bam! Creaks and cracks and the battery is getting hot again. Nothing super hot like to first three days but just more than what it should for 700$

Good luck to you.

11-26-15 05:50 AM
    Man when I read stuff like this, I'm so glad I didn't adopt early.

I think I'll wait a few months and see how BlackBerry corrects some of these issue via software patches.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    11-26-15 06:09 AM
    Man when I read stuff like this, I'm so glad I didn't adopt early.

I think I'll wait a few months and see how BlackBerry corrects some of these issue via software patches.

Look! It's Zedzilla30!
    If only they could send me a hardware patch.

rukdngme and kertong like this.
    11-26-15 06:44 AM
    You can't please everyone. Anytime you have a new release you get people complaining because they either have some obscure defect or they simply don't understand how to use the product and want to vent the frustration of their shortcomings. Just go to ANY forum about ANY product...you can even go to a forum about forum software lol. Meanwhile the vast majority quietly go about their business with no issues at all.

morganplus8 likes this.
    11-26-15 06:53 AM
    You can't please everyone. Anytime you have a new release you get people complaining because they either have some obscure defect or they simply don't understand how to use the product and want to vent the frustration of their shortcomings. Just go to ANY forum about ANY product...you can even go to a forum about forum software lol. Meanwhile the vast majority quietly go about their business with no issues at all.

Agreed... but hardware issues are either present or not present. They cannot be patched and they are inexcusable. A �560 phone should not creak, bend or flex when touched lightly.
    AllanQuatermain and kertong like this.
    11-26-15 06:58 AM
    Nope. Completely disagree about the hardware and OS. It is a very solid device and no creaking. Love the keyboards.

I bet you will get a cover for your 6P right? Because of the back that will scratch. Why not for Priv? You will have to treat 6p like a baby to protect it.
    Regardless you had a bad one I'm sure.
    Mine is solid as can be.
    Hub will fully work soon and you will miss out on productivity..

Posted from my Priv!
    Last edited by Pinot2015; 11-26-15 at 07:23 AM.
    ce71, texn884 and morganplus8 like this.
    11-26-15 07:09 AM
    Agreed... but hardware issues are either present or not present. They cannot be patched and they are inexcusable. A �560 phone should not creak, bend or flex when touched lightly.
    Well it's a slider phone so it has to be able to slide...while the slider is open, if you push down on the bottom of the glass it is going to flex a bit because the center of balance shifts and is putting upwards force from where it sits in the rails...it's simple physics and certainly not something worth returning it over...maybe a slider phone just isn't for you because over time they will loosen up...however it causes no detriment to the usability of it.

Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-26-15 at 07:34 AM.
    ce71 and morganplus8 like this.
    11-26-15 07:12 AM

You are right. People are not taking the time to set the phone up properly like they did with BB10 when they first used or prior Androids/iPhones.
    It's not the phone, it is the impatient people using it, that can't wait a few weeks for fixes.
    I don't blame the ones that wait but I do the ones that whine then return without a replacement Priv.
    I don't think you should be able to return phones at all. Can't do it with cars, appliances etc unless defective then you will get replacement and that's it.
    Too many people abuse the return policy of phones.

Posted from my Priv!
    texn884, morganplus8 and Mecca EL like this.
    11-26-15 07:19 AM
    Bend or flex? Now thats an exaggeration.

Posted from my Priv!
    11-26-15 07:22 AM
    Bend or flex? Now thats an exaggeration.

Posted from my Priv!
    Its really not. The people posting with "perfect" devices that are solid just don't understand. Mine creaks and cracks. The phone has too much flex in it to be considered "solid". And the screen wobbles whether it's slid out or not.

kertong likes this.
    11-26-15 07:32 AM
    Its really not. The people posting with "perfect" devices that are solid just don't understand. Mine creaks and cracks. The phone has too much flex in it to be considered "solid". And the screen wobbles whether it's slid out or not.

Welcome to the world of slider phones lol...this is what they do and will continue to do over time...maybe wait for the Vienna.

morganplus8 likes this.
    11-26-15 07:36 AM
    I think the launch was delayed due to feature-creak.
    I think you don't know what you're talking about.

11-26-15 07:46 AM
    You are right. People are not taking the time to set the phone up properly like they did with BB10 when they first used or prior Androids/iPhones.
    It's not the phone, it is the impatient people using it, that can't wait a few weeks for fixes.
    I don't blame the ones that wait but I do the ones that whine then return without a replacement Priv.
    I don't think you should be able to return phones at all. Can't do it with cars, appliances etc unless defective then you will get replacement and that's it.
    Too many people abuse the return policy of phones.

Posted from my Priv!
    I agree...unless an actual defect is found there should be no returns allowed...no wonder phones are so expensive. Ironically, it's usually the same people doing the complaining about "a 700 dollar device shouldn't do this or that" bs who are doing the returns for frivolous reasons and causing the costs to rise in the first place.

Last edited by Mark Sb; 11-26-15 at 08:03 AM.
    ce71 and qwerty4ever like this.
    11-26-15 07:47 AM
    I'd like to see a YouTube video posted here demonstrating all this creaking and cracking.

morganplus8 and La Emperor like this.
    11-26-15 08:02 AM
    The return will happen tomorrow. I do feel a little sad about it - I like that this device is "different" but I simply cannot forgive the build quality. As stated, maybe its specific to me and a few others, maybe its specific to model variants, but from my perspective none of that matters. I could buy a �100 Android phone which is more solidly built than this, and that cannot be right.
    Have you thought about swapping it out for another one? Maybe your unit was manufactured on a Friday...
    ce71 likes this.
    11-26-15 08:05 AM
100 123 ...