Just purchase new blackberry priv last week and was using blackberry passport.
    How can I restore whatsapp chat history to new device, I heard they both not using crypt file......Thx
    Last edited by lee rob; 01-01-16 at 05:46 PM.
    01-01-16 05:26 PM
    That's not possible. Even if you have the chats backup file and they have the same extension they won't work because they are for different OS.
    01-01-16 07:29 PM
    Thx for info....so means no way for keeping history chat???
    01-01-16 08:55 PM
    Open WhatsApp on your PP, swipe down, settings, media settings, Export Conversations To Android. I'm running the latest version from Beta Zone..

Restore WhatsApp chat history from Passport to Priv?-img_20160101_233116.png

Restore WhatsApp chat history from Passport to Priv?-img_20160101_233121.png
    01-01-16 10:32 PM
    Open WhatsApp on your PP, swipe down, settings, media settings, Export Conversations To Android. I'm running the latest version from Beta Zone..
    Nice, I'm running the BBW version, maybe that's why I don't have that option.

What version is yours?
    01-01-16 10:38 PM
    Nice, I'm running the BBW version, maybe that's why I don't have that option.

What version is yours?
    v2.12.244 from Beta Zone
    01-01-16 10:43 PM
    v2.12.244 from Beta Zone
    I have v2.12.243

I guess I'll have to wait a little bit for that version to be released.
    01-01-16 10:46 PM
    I have v2.12.243

I guess I'll have to wait a little bit for that version to be released.
    I don't think that feature will ever be officially supported, so I would be surprised if it ever shows up in a BlackBerry World version.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-16 10:56 PM
    If you want to use the "export" feature, please just install the version from Beta Zone. Even if it does make it into BBW release, its unlikely to be "supported" officially.
    01-04-16 09:58 AM
    If you want to use the "export" feature, please just install the version from Beta Zone. Even if it does make it into BBW release, its unlikely to be "supported" officially.
    I've done just that but my pictures are not linking properly. I get the "this file does not exist on your sd card" notification although they do exist in the right folder. Strange thing is videos work fine when I transferred.

Is there a way I could manually relink them?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    01-04-16 02:12 PM
    On my Z10 running 10.3.2.556 in the beta zone when I try to install (join) WhatsApp I get "The registration you are trying to access is no longer available" Does anybody know of another way to get this beta? Alternatively, another way to migrate WhatsApp chat history from BB10 to Priv/Android? Thanks in advance.
    01-18-16 04:36 PM
    It worked! Sort of. Got the beta v.2.12.296.2 installed on the Z10 and it took 20 minutes to "Export conversations to Android." The problem - when I pop the SD card into the Priv and install WhatsApp - it does not appear to find this backup and restore three years of conversations. Somebody who has done this before - can you offer guidance on the correct restore process on an Android phone? The WhatsApp FAQ #20902622 does not appear to apply - I can't find the msgstore.db.crypt8 with the correct size/date on the SD card after exporting conversations. Thanks.
    01-18-16 09:10 PM
    Think you will need to rename the file to msgstore.db.crypt8, the Priv doesn;t appear to have a file explorer app installed, I downloaded File Manager by Asus which allowed me to find the existing backup file and delete it.

There's a tutorial here https://www.androidpit.com/how-to-tr...to-new-devices I didn't manage to get mine sorted as it was a PITA.

Good luck!

Cheers

Elcuolo
    surya.ganguly likes this.
    01-19-16 02:13 AM
    No renaming is necessary.
    However, you will need to use a file manager app to move the "WhatsApp" folder from the SD card to the internal storage.
    surya.ganguly likes this.
    01-19-16 10:30 AM
    Thanks much Elcuolo and dkonigsberg, your suggestion worked. Got X-Plore file manager from Play Store, copied the contents of SDCard/WhatsApp to Internal Storage/WhatsApp, disconnected Google Drive app connection for WhatsApp (to avoid restoring from there) re-installed WhatsApp, restored 120Mb/20k+ messages, re-connected to Google Drive, ran a backup and I'm in business. Lost 4 days of messages (don't have time to mess with SQLite to get those back), but got 3 years back. Thanks for your help.
    01-19-16 12:32 PM
    I got a Priv recently and this thread saved me! I thought I would have to lose all of my chat history but thanks to you guys, I didn't!
    02-24-16 04:37 PM
    Anyone able to post/PM the last beta version? There are no downloads in the WhatsApp page in BetaZone anymore...

Alternatively, anyone have another workaround to get chat history from BB10>Android?

Thanks
    03-10-16 10:22 AM
    Can anyone share beta version so I can export 2 yrs worth history. ThX

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 12:02 AM
    For some reason, I need this thread/topic.

Posted via CB10
    05-20-16 01:03 AM
    Hi, how did you get this old version of betazone?
    06-23-16 07:28 PM
    You should now be able to use this unsupported Export feature from the latest BlackBerry World release.
    kjones499 likes this.
    06-24-16 10:22 AM
    Not sure of what you mean. The beta zone i got from bb world is v.10. and it says whatsapp isn't supported
    Last edited by kjones499; 06-24-16 at 03:46 PM. Reason: More detail
    06-24-16 03:36 PM
    Spent most of last night trying to get my Whatsapp chats transferred from my Z30 to my Priv, and there is no joy in Mudville.

I have the latest updated version of Whatsapp from BBW installed, the one with the Export Conversations to Android.

I tried that and when I installed and verified Whatsapp on the Priv it did not ask me to restore my old conversations.

I've also tried manually copying over my existing backup file from the Z30 and that did not work either.

I think I'm resigned to the fact that I've now lost over a year's worth of WA messages.

I would have been nice if the BB10 version of WA supported the Google Drive backups that is supported by the Android version.

What's really confusing me is all of the different versions of the "crypt" files, I've seen crypt, crypt8, crypt10, crypt12 some on my devices and some in the articles I've read explaining how this is all supposed to work.
    08-03-16 06:19 AM
    You have to make sure the backup is in the right location on the Priv, before the WhatsApp setup process will detect it.

After inserting the SDcard with the "export", use a file manager app to copy the "WhatsApp" directory from that SDcard to the device's internal storage. (if you've previously installed WhatsApp on the phone, the internal storage will likely already have a "WhatsApp" directory you need to delete or rename first)

Its easy to forget this step, and your description of experiences says nothing about whether or not you tried.
    08-03-16 10:50 AM
    You have to make sure the backup is in the right location on the Priv, before the WhatsApp setup process will detect it.

After inserting the SDcard with the "export", use a file manager app to copy the "WhatsApp" directory from that SDcard to the device's internal storage. (if you've previously installed WhatsApp on the phone, the internal storage will likely already have a "WhatsApp" directory you need to delete or rename first)

Its easy to forget this step, and your description of experiences says nothing about whether or not you tried.
    I copied it into Internal Storage > WhatsApp > Databases

There was no Databases directory after I installed it, so I created my own.
    08-03-16 11:58 AM
29 12