If I were to perform a factory reset on my Priv, how can I restore the data? Backup is enabled so all my pictures are in Google photos.
    03-24-17 07:15 AM
    What do you mean by "restore the data"? If you use a Google account everything else like contacts, emails, reminders, calendars will be synced after the factory reset when you sign in for the first time on your Priv.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-24-17 07:54 AM
    Emails should sync from your server. Calendar entries only if your calender is synced with something.
    SMS's and call logs will be lost. I use an app called Super Backup, it works for SMS and call logs, and other stuff if you prefer to not use the cloud. Backs up to SD. Prob other good apps out there, I just happened to try this from a recommendation on here, and it works.
    Most of the app settings are even retained, but I don't know if that is from Super Backup, it has that capability, or if it is done through play store.
    Just stopped and checked, play store will back up app settings if you enable it. Again, most app settings, not all, depends on if app developer coded to allow it.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-24-17 08:18 AM
    If I were to perform a factory reset on my Priv, how can I restore the data? Backup is enabled so all my pictures are in Google photos.
    I don't know what kind of Google account you have but be aware that if you have the standard Google drive, then when it stores your photos, it stores them with lesser resolution than they were originally shot with. To save with full resolution, I believe you need some supplemental storage account from them. At least, that is what I recall and could be wrong.
    03-24-17 09:01 AM
    My PRIV died so I just got another with my warranty return.

Stored all data on the SD card. Grab Astro file manager in the Google store and move everything off the phone. Pretty easy.

New factory reset will run much better. Well worth doing!
    03-24-17 09:42 AM
    I don't know what kind of Google account you have but be aware that if you have the standard Google drive, then when it stores your photos, it stores them with lesser resolution than they were originally shot with. To save with full resolution, I believe you need some supplemental storage account from them. At least, that is what I recall and could be wrong.
    Under Settings in Google Photos, you can choose the resolution to upload. At Original resolution, the photos count against your Google storage quota. At the lower setting ("High Quality"), you have free, unlimited storage.
    FF22 and Wezard like this.
    03-24-17 10:01 AM
    Under Settings in Google Photos, you can choose the resolution to upload. At Original resolution, the photos count against your Google storage quota. At the lower setting ("High Quality"), you have free, unlimited storage.
    Thanks for clarifying the quotas. I forgot that detail.
    03-24-17 10:47 AM
    I agree with the above. One other thing to remember is to backup BlackBerry Password Keeper. The app is super handy (especially the automatic prefill feature) however it still does not have an automatic cloud backup like the BB10 version. I learned the hard way that you can save it to the SD card or preferably your Google Drive, but you have to do it manually.
    Wezard likes this.
    03-24-17 12:24 PM
    All -

Thanks for the responses. Keep them coming.

Would I be able to use the blackberry transfer tool to save it to an SD card then use the tool after the factory restore?
    03-24-17 12:51 PM
    TMobile has an almost-full-data transfer tool for Android devices (and, um... the other fruit device) https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.tmobile.tct --not sure if it is compatible with other carriers. It does not save desktop layouts nor does it download apps.

If you install Google hangouts, all your SMS will be backed up to Google servers [for data mining of course!]

I think Android 4 *did* save layouts, but it hasn't been that way in a while for me. Anyone know about this, this is totally what I need
    04-29-17 06:22 PM
    In the recent (last week?) 6.01 update, there's a blackberry content transfer app that automatically uses Google Drive (you can choose other methods also at that same prompt page). This will also xfer SMS.

I did that TMobile content transfer app first when I got my replacement PRIV. TMobile also has the Lookout Security App Premium with insurance. This app also offers contacts, SMS and photo backup and restore. I'm in the process of manually transferring my data from the old PRIV to MS OneDrive (I think the UI experience superior to Google Drive and I also have a ton more space) using ES File Explorer Pro, which has a better UI than OneDrive. Haven't tried the other file managers mentioned here.

I have also started the BlackBerry Content Transfer app via GoogleDrive. It might have a stalled on some music transfer.

Keep in mind the PRIV has 24GB ( Internal aka folder /0 aka /sdcard aka /mnt/sdcard) of storage, not counting the user-updatable Micro SD card (aka /Storage/<sdcard_ID_number> -- and Google Drive 15GB at free tier. Microsoft OneDrive is 5GB at free, but I have about 240GB via Office (older version). Looks like factory install is about 4-5 GB.
    Attached Thumbnails Restore Data after factory reset?-screenshot_20170429-174849.jpg  
    Last edited by VaderBerry; 04-30-17 at 12:46 PM. Reason: More info
    04-29-17 06:53 PM