As you can imagine people might get tired after a while of hearing how their email "was sent from my priv". It's offensive and gross.

I want a personal apology from the jack *** who green lighted this name that will offend millions of people who don't like their phones named after a toilet.

BlackBerry is beyond ridiculous now. Priv has to be a joke. A bad joke.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2639 / T-Mobile USA
    09-24-15 04:00 AM
    That name is horrendous, but it is only a rumour and may not have been green lighted at all.
    Doggerz likes this.
    09-24-15 04:02 AM
    That name is horrendous, but it is only a rumour and may not have been green lighted at all.
    Someone said they've already printed the names on the retail boxes, inserted it in the software etc. And apparently CB thinks it's the real name they changed the forum from slider to priv

But you have no idea how badly I hope you're right. This feels like one final slap in the face from BlackBerry to those who have stayed loyal through it all. Even getting is to accept Android. And now priv?!?

09-24-15 04:17 AM
    Who are the stupid idiots who came up with such a stupid name. Seriously! Wth is wrong with them. BlackBerry Slider is even a thousand times better eventhough the complaint then would be they have no imagination. But BlackBerry priv? Lol

Posted via CB10
    Doggerz likes this.
    09-24-15 04:43 AM
    Just plain st*p*d name. What's the name of the marketing officer?

"But I say this to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you;" - Matthew 5:44
    Doggerz likes this.
    09-24-15 04:55 AM
    Not a big fan of the name but remember how the entire tech world thought that iPad was a ridiculous name? How did that turn out? #perspective

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 05:05 AM
    As you can imagine people might get tired after a while of hearing how their email "was sent from my priv". It's offensive and gross.

I want a personal apology from the jack *** who green lighted this name that will offend millions of people who don't like their phones named after a toilet.

BlackBerry is beyond ridiculous now. Priv has to be a joke. A bad joke.

Agreed. I never thought anything could put me off this phone more than android. But with this name I was wrong.

I've told some friends about this name who were seriously about to buy this phone once it comes out and all 4 of them said no to it. One literally just bought an iPhone 6s instead.

I hope this is just an either way too early or way too late 1st April fool hoax.

Doggerz likes this.
    09-24-15 05:10 AM
    Surely the capabilities of the phone are far more important than what it's called? Aside from when they buy it from the shop, how many people refer to their iPhone as an "iPhone 6S plus"? It's just an iPhone - in the same way this will just be a BlackBerry (albeit running Android), and my BlackBerry Z30 is just a BlackBerry to me.

The name isn't great, and no, I wouldn't have chosen it personally, but it sure as hell isn't going to put me off buying one if it does the job I want it to do.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-15 07:43 AM
    But you have no idea how badly I hope you're right.
    Sorry dude, looks like I wasn't.
    *head shake*
    Doggerz likes this.
    09-25-15 08:28 AM