Wandering.

Why are some people and some companies reluctant to change?

Regardless of the phone OS and the brand, people (including adults), tend to bash others over the device they use and their choice of OS.
    Really, what difference does it make wether you use BB, Android, iPhone, Windows phone?

No one is imposing a brand or a phone OS upon you.
    There is choice for everyone according to their tastes, need, requirements, etc...

As long as people are happy and on the work side, the job gets done, the OS comes second.

Internet has bred a new generation of immature, yet adults, that could be assimiliated to little dictators.
    Because one uses a BB, another an iPhone, a third person an Android, and a fourth person a Windows Phone, why do some people feel hurt in their self esteem and believe it is their own very right to bash others.

Die hard / hard core fans really do not help OS and brands evolve in any (positive) way.
    They are the first ones to yell, when the OS gets a drastic change, when the device gets a brand new design, when the company tries to bring positive new changes within the company.
    They feel betrayed, they go on the internet and cry out their hanger.

Really, by reading some comments on the internet, it is as if the most conservative users where actually those die hard fans.
    Last edited by thinkinfinity; 09-28-15 at 04:31 AM.
    slade632 likes this.
    09-28-15 04:20 AM
    Wandering.

Why are some people and some companies reluctant to change?

Regardless of the phone OS and the brand, people (including adults), tend to bash others over the device they use and their choice of OS.
    Really, what difference does it make wether you use BB, Android, iPhone, Windows phone?

No one is imposing a brand or a phone OS upon you.
    There is choice for everyone according to their tastes, need, requirements, etc...

As long as people are happy and on the work side, the job gets done, the OS comes second.

Internet has bred a new generation of immature, yet adults, that could be assimiliated to little dictators.
    Because one uses a BB, another an iPhone, a third person an Android, and a fourth person a Windows Phone, why do some people feel hurt in their self esteem and believe it is their own very right to bash others.

Die hard / hard core fans really do not help OS and brands evolve in any (positive) way.
    They are the first ones to yell, when the OS gets a drastic change, when the device gets a brand new design, when the company tries to bring positive new changes within the company.
    They feel betrayed, they go on the internet and cry out their hanger.

Really, by reading some comments on the internet, it is as if the most conservative users where actually those die hard fans.
    Because its CrackBerry!!!
    09-28-15 04:53 AM
    09-28-15 04:55 AM
    In todays highly competitive market, it's all bout personal choice and what you feel comfortable using. Apple and Samsung have built a loyal following because they delivered what the consumer asked for and continue to do so, period. They are not iSheep and/or fanboys or any of that mindless crap, they are a consumer who asked for a product and the manufacture delivered what they asked for, end of story.

I am hoping the new Priv does well and that Blackberry uses some of that talent they have up there in Waterloo to price the Priv to make it attractive not only to the corporate client, but also the consumer? I know a lot of folks who would give Blackberry a second chance knowing their Android apps and Google play services would work on the new Android powered device.

I know the die hard OS10 Blackberry fans cringe at the thought of a Android powered Blackberry, but this is 2015 and not 2007 and as I have said several times in my post, the dynamics in the smartphone market have changed and you can either roll with the competition or get rolled over. I would rather have a Android powered Blackberry and see the company succeed in the hardware business then see them fade away, period.
    09-28-15 06:43 AM
    Because BB10 is the greatest OS ever and everything else sucks.

...wait but why did it fail then?
    JeepBB and thinkinfinity like this.
    09-28-15 06:52 AM

Sheesh, two logical paradoxes on the same day... I feel like I've stumbled into a Philosophy 101 class.

I'm a big fan of the Bart Simpson "sound of one hand clapping" realist school myself.

Sorry if this reply doesn't make any sense to you... It relates to a previous post of mine, and makes sense to me! LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    thinkinfinity likes this.
    09-28-15 07:07 AM
    Thank you for your reply. I agree.
    09-28-15 07:22 AM
    Thank you everyone for your reply.
    09-28-15 07:23 AM
    Everyone has preferences and beliefs related to why they make the personal choices they make. I believe that BB10 is a superior OS. I didn't like the Android phones I have used (less because of the hardware and more because of the OS). I have also gotten frustrated troubleshooting Apple OS's from time-to-time. When discussing phones with others, I often tell them why I think BB10 is a better OS. I could care less if people believe what I believe, but when asked (people are on this forum to ask questions and discuss opinions, after all), I am still going to tell them what my experiences have been and why I choose the BlackBerry OS.

Change may be good, but so is choice! There are people who are fans of Ford, Toyota, Hyundai or Volkswagen who couldn't imagine living in a world where there were only two automobile choices; Lada or Mercedes-Benz. While true that it is partially about the body, its also about the engine.
    Last edited by SeeBeeEss; 09-28-15 at 08:38 AM.
    09-28-15 07:52 AM
    Sheesh, two logical paradoxes on the same day... I feel like I've stumbled into a Philosophy 101 class.

I'm a big fan of the Bart Simpson "sound of one hand clapping" realist school myself.

Sorry if this reply doesn't make any sense to you... It relates to a previous post of mine, and makes sense to me! LOL

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Eat my shorts!

Posted from an ME173X
    JeepBB and thinkinfinity like this.
    09-28-15 08:15 AM
    Everyone has preferences and beliefs related to why they make the personal choices they make. I believe that BB10 is a superior OS. I didn't like the Android phones I have used (less because of the hardware and more because of the OS). I have also gotten frustrated troubleshooting Apple OS's from time-to-time. When discussing phones with others, I often tell them why I think BB10 is a better OS. I could care less if people believe what I believe, but when asked (people are on this forum to ask questions and discuss opinions, after all), I am still going to tell them what my experiences have been and why I choose the BlackBerry OS.

Change may be good, but so is choice! There are people who are fans of Ford, Toyota, Hyundai or Volkswagen who couldn't imagine living in a world where there were only two automobile choices; Lada or Mercedes-Benz (while true that it is partially about the body, its also about the engine).
    If Blackberry OS10 would have been released in 2009 or 2010 timeframe, we might be singing a different tune by now, but they where late getting OS10 to market and they did not listen to what the consumer was asking for and is why the stock that used to be 125 dollars a share is now worth 6 dollars a share.

As much as I like OS10 and my previous Blackberry devices I used back in the day, this is 2015 and the bar has already been set on which OS platforms will be the dominant ones that all other will have to be judged against wether you like it or not, Android and IOS, period. Microsoft even with the financial muscle and unlimited resources have struggled to gain market share with the Windows Mobile OS. This should have been a big red flag to Blackberry that they needed to change direction and develop a Android device a long time ago because the IOS route was not even an option?

This is not about being a fanboy or iSheep or any of that mindless gibberish, it's about what the CONSUMER or CORPORATE AMERICA is ASKING FOR, period. Samsung and Apple have delivered the goods and have made billions of dollars doing it and anyone with a basic business sense can see that's why you go into to business and take risk to enjoy the financial rewards for you hard work.

The Blackberry faithful are quick to forget the founders of Blackberry are millionaires several times over because they delivered a product that the market ask for, but fell into complacency and the rest is history and is why we are at the current position we are today. I say give the Priv a chance and embrace Android and the new device, the bottom line is, it still has the Blackberry name on it and thats all we can ask for.
    09-28-15 08:22 AM
    The Blackberry faithful are quick to forget the founders of Blackberry are millionaires several times over because they delivered a product that the market ask for, but fell into complacency and the rest is history and is why we are at the current position we are today.
    Well said, BlackBerry founders sealed their own fate after failing to respond to the changing market fast enough. BB10 was released too late, and even when it was released, it was very crippled up until 10.2.

Perhaps I'm dreaming of an alternative reality, but I believe BlackBerry would've been in a much better position today if it had gone the Android route 3 years ago instead of BB10.
    bakron1 and thinkinfinity like this.
    09-28-15 08:46 AM
    This is not about being a fanboy or iSheep or any of that mindless gibberish, it's about what the CONSUMER or CORPORATE AMERICA is ASKING FOR, period. Samsung and Apple have delivered the goods and have made billions of dollars doing it and anyone with a basic business sense can see that's why you go into to business and take risk to enjoy the financial rewards for you hard work.
    I agree that the situation we find ourselves in is primarily driven by consumers and corporate America. Unfortunately, the consumer and corporate America do not always make the best choices when it comes to quality, e.g.; VHS over Betamax, CD over LP, MP3 over CD, Walmart over Eaton's or Montgomery Ward, McDonald's over the local eatery, etc. Life these days may be all about the almighty dollar and convenience, but I don't have to like it.
    09-28-15 09:01 AM
    I agree that the situation we find ourselves in is primarily driven by consumers and corporate America. Unfortunately, the consumer and corporate America do not always make the best choices when it comes to quality, e.g.; VHS over Betamax, CD over LP, MP3 over CD, Walmart over Eaton's or Montgomery Ward, McDonald's over the local eatery, etc. Life these days may be all about the almighty dollar and convenience, but I don't have to like it.
    I understand how you feel. But the market today is driven not just by the almighty dollar, but by consumer demand and in the end, that's what's important to the manufacturing sector, because without it, your toast.
    09-28-15 09:11 AM
    The main reason I may give in and grab a Priv is apps / compatibility. Support for BB10 apps is dropping fast and even native apps we had are not being supported anymore.

Making things worse is the lack of compatibility with wearables and other devices that are powered by only Android and iOS.

Lately I really feel like my BlackBerry is not keeping up anymore and other people are doing things with ease that I have to find work arounds for or just can't do. Frustrated is a word I use a lot as much as I love my Z30.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    09-28-15 09:40 AM
    In addition, I keep reading two consistent themes repeatedly from some of the close-minded loyalists. (Not all, some.) Some still believe that a 1) new all-touch high-end slab, and 2) TV commercials, would've saved BB10.

In fact, I think the opposite would've happened. A handful of BlackBerry all-touch loyalists indeed would've been happy and purchased a few new phones. But any new customers from outside the loyal 0.10% market share who saw the TV commercial and purchased the new phone, would've returned it when they realized it didn't have their Apps. Blackberry would've spent millions and millions of more dollars for these commercials and the new slab, only to have minimal gains (maybe?) and thousands of phone returns.

If Chen listened to this advice that is repeatedly tossed around as "how BB10 could've been saved", instead, ironically, it would've been the final deathblow.
    Last edited by DolemiteDONS; 09-28-15 at 10:39 AM.
    09-28-15 10:17 AM
    In addition, I keep reading two consistent themes repeatedly from some of the close-minded loyalists. (Not all, some.) Some still believe that a 1) new all-touch high-end slab, and 2) TV commercials, would've saved BB10.

In fact, I think the opposite would've happened. A handful of BlackBerry all-touch loyalists indeed would've been happy and purchased a few new phones. But any new customers from outside the loyal 0.10% market share who saw the TV commercial and purchased the new phone, would've returned it when they realized it didn't have their Apps. Blackberry would've spent millions and millions of more dollars for these commercials and the new slab, only to have minimal gains (maybe?) and thousands of phone returns.

If Chen listened to this advice that is repeatedly tossed around as "how BB10 could've been saved", instead, ironically, it would've been the final deathblow.
    Not sure it would have made it worse but advertising would be a waste of money for sure. Virtually no one would go looking for a BlackBerry 10 because they saw an ad. BlackBerry is not on any phone buyers mind anymore, way too late.

I do wish BlackBerry was able to make Android apps run better but without Google Play it may not matter anyway.

09-28-15 10:42 AM
    It is wearisome to constantly hear about the market share comparisons of Android or iOS to BlackBerry We all know that BlackBerry sells significantly fewer phones than either Samsung or Apple. This fact is not in question. However, good business practice is not necessarily about having the largest market share. It is about being viable and earning enough revenue (or other benefit) to offset costs that you or your shareholders can be happy with.

There are plenty of examples of niche markets being viable and making enough profit (or benefit) for the principles or shareholders to be satisfied. For instance, vinyl records account for only 2% of the market share of U.S. music sales. Yet, there are many business interests apparently benefiting from manufacturing, distributing and selling vinyl records. Hopefully, Neil Young's Pono will prove that there is a viable market for quality music downloads and that, just because the majority of consumers don't give a "rats" about the quality of their music, those who do will still be able to purchase it.

Biggest is not always better or best or practical - even in the business world. There is something to be said for focusing corporate efforts on a niche market and not wasting time trying to be like the bigger guy(s). IMHO, BlackBerry could have made a better attempt to sustain and expand their existing niche market share. It seems on the surface as if BlackBerry is desperate and trying to compete with the bigger guys by giving up their superior quality OS to do so. Hopefully, they do not also lose their current niche market share in their desperation to find a place amongst the Android hoards.

Although the PKB is one piece of their niche market puzzle, for me, the OS was the piece that brought me back to BlackBerry.
    09-28-15 01:43 PM
    The main reason I may give in and grab a Priv is apps / compatibility. Support for BB10 apps is dropping fast and even native apps we had are not being supported anymore.

Making things worse is the lack of compatibility with wearables and other devices that are powered by only Android and iOS.

Lately I really feel like my BlackBerry is not keeping up anymore and other people are doing things with ease that I have to find work arounds for or just can't do. Frustrated is a word I use a lot as much as I love my Z30.

BOOM! This sums up my feelings, and everyday experience with my Z30. I'm not loyal to any phone maker or carrier. I wanna go with what meets my needs, solves my problems, and continually evolve & improve. BB10 ain't doin' it no more! And that's what pizzes me off with BB the company.

I wish I was one of those investor activists/hedge fund managers. I would've put an all out Rex Ryan blitz on Blackberry (the company) to force them to change and keep up with the times and would've done it back in 2010.
    09-28-15 02:21 PM
    If Blackberry OS10 would have been released in 2009 or 2010 timeframe, we might be singing a different tune by now, but they where late getting OS10 to market and they did not listen to what the consumer was asking for and is why the stock that used to be 125 dollars a share is now worth 6 dollars a share.

As much as I like OS10 and my previous Blackberry devices I used back in the day, this is 2015 and the bar has already been set on which OS platforms will be the dominant ones that all other will have to be judged against wether you like it or not, Android and IOS, period. Microsoft even with the financial muscle and unlimited resources have struggled to gain market share with the Windows Mobile OS. This should have been a big red flag to Blackberry that they needed to change direction and develop a Android device a long time ago because the IOS route was not even an option?

The Blackberry faithful are quick to forget the founders of Blackberry are millionaires several times over because they delivered a product that the market ask for, but fell into complacency and the rest is history and is why we are at the current position we are today. I say give the Priv a chance and embrace Android and the new device, the bottom line is, it still has the Blackberry name on it and thats all we can ask for.
    This guy speaks the truth.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
    09-28-15 02:53 PM

...was...

Posted via CB10
    09-28-15 03:02 PM