I was going to download this today because people here have been recommending it and it has a good review score. However, when I checked it out today the most recent comments suggest it is doing something suspicious.

Reviewers mentioned receiving notifications from the app in broken English and having some bloatware installed automatically. Just curious if anyone here who is currently using the app can provide additional insight before I download.
    11-22-15 05:02 AM
    I was going to download this today because people here have been recommending it and it has a good review score. However, when I checked it out today the most recent comments suggest it is doing something suspicious.

Reviewers mentioned receiving notifications from the app in broken English and having some bloatware installed automatically. Just curious if anyone here who is currently using the app can provide additional insight before I download.
    Have you tried the one from ASUS?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-22-15 05:16 AM
    Have you tried the one from ASUS?

Thanks for the suggestion. I will check it out.
    11-22-15 12:37 PM
    What's the name of the asus one
    11-22-15 12:39 PM
    What's the name of the asus one
    just GPS Search Asus File Manager
    11-22-15 12:40 PM
    OK, I use either HTC file manager or cyanogen file manager, will check Asus one.
    11-22-15 12:42 PM
    I don't want to give the impression that everyone will like the ASUS one. I just think it's good enough to give it a test drive. You can even add your cloud storage.. like OneDrive... without needing the OneDrive app.
    11-22-15 12:51 PM
    never seen any of those issue i have had ES installed for years
    11-22-15 12:54 PM
    I don't want to give the impression that everyone will like the ASUS one. I just think it's good enough to give it a test drive. You can even add your cloud storage.. like OneDrive... without needing the OneDrive app.
    I just installed it...and I like it.
    11-22-15 01:13 PM
    never seen any of those issue i have had ES installed for years
    They added clean master like tools and too many notifications in the latest update.

Has always been my go to app for advanced file managing but don't like all the extra stuff with no option to turn it off they been adding lately
    11-22-15 01:46 PM
    They added clean master like tools and too many notifications in the latest update.

Has always been my go to app for advanced file managing but don't like all the extra stuff with no option to turn it off they been adding lately
    i turned all that off. its in the settings
    11-22-15 02:10 PM
    I too received the odd notification from ES Explorer.

I've switched to Solid Explorer for now which has no bloatware. And I think they are running a sale this weekend, you can get the unlocked version for $.99

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...xplorer2&hl=en
    11-22-15 02:17 PM
    I'm using Cabinet now.

w1sd0m.t00th likes this.
    11-22-15 10:39 PM
    When I checked out ES ~1.5 yrs ago I decided not to use it because it's A) made in China, B) appears to have no revenue source, C) appears to have no business model, and D) requires you to install "plugins" that are downloaded from a site outside of Gplay.

I usually use either Astro or Total Commander. There are tons of good free Android file managers.
    11-23-15 01:12 AM
    When I checked out ES ~1.5 yrs ago I decided not to use it because it's A) made in China, B) appears to have no revenue source, C) appears to have no business model, and D) requires you to install "plugins" that are downloaded from a site outside of Gplay.

I usually use either Astro or Total Commander. There are tons of good free Android file managers.
    Welcome to secure and private android! File Manager from China recommended on crackberry. Go figure.
    11-23-15 01:43 AM
    This is why BlackBerry should make their own.

If LG, samsung, Asus and etc make their own why shouldn't BlackBerry?

Any arguments against this just doesn't hold any water.

What was it someone said? I don't understand android just because I think a native file manager is important?

Posted via CB10
    11-23-15 01:58 AM
    Very disappointed they started adding bloatware. My new favourite by far is now solid explorer

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...xplorer2&hl=en
    11-23-15 02:48 AM
    This is why BlackBerry should make their own.

If LG, samsung, Asus and etc make their own why shouldn't BlackBerry?

Any arguments against this just doesn't hold any water.

What was it someone said? I don't understand android just because I think a native file manager is important?

Posted via CB10
    Yes. It's inexcusable that BlackBerry hasn't ported its file manager to the Priv.
    They cannot claim privacy nor security without it.
    How do they expect that a user is going to do a thorough background check on who hides behind a file manager app on GPS? And you have to give that file manager access to all your files...maybe even on remote computers.
    11-23-15 03:10 AM
    Eh, I don't know if it's "inexcusable" that they didn't port their file manager, the problem with Gplay is you can spend days just wading through all the choices available to you for a utility like that. That's a rather better problem than not having *any* decent choices to speak of on their own platform.

But what I think we really need are are trustworthy meta-search engines for Gplay that bypass Google's search interface - which is designed mostly to further their corporate objectives rather than serve their users. The usual problem I have is way way too little ability to drill-down into a product category in detail. They would rather that people get completely overwhelmed with the choices and just "point and shoot" at one of the 3-4 choices spoon-fed to them at the top of the list, than actually have the ability to make detailed searches. The KISS system.

And most of these app stores (Apple, BlackBerry, Microsoft, etc) do the same stupid thing, intentionally. A meta-search-engine with its own reviewers and more parameters to search upon would be fabulous. 3rd-party app stores are an option but A) there are big questions about their credibility that have to be answered before trusting them, and B) Google has slowly-but-surely been killing most of them off (see: Amazon) by pressuring/enticing developers to code proprietary things into their apps so they will ONLY work on Gplay.

Once upon a time I hear there were some good meta-search engines for Gplay (eg AppBrain), but I think Google used some stupid contractual legal gobbledygook to force them to close.

Here's something I would pay money to use: a Gplay search engine that allowed me to filter out apps that wanted certain stupid unnecessary privileges, like location/calendar/contacts/etc. for apps which have no business accessing that stuff.

Let's just say it will be a cold day down in that "really hot place underneath" for Google to ever provide such a feature.
    Superdupont 2_0 likes this.
    11-23-15 03:37 AM