Techno Buffalo posted a basic, but overall, good summary of the upcoming Venice. It's also really nice to see such a positive/optimistic article - i'm still so used to BlackBerry being bashed.

BlackBerry Venice: 5 Things to expect from BlackBerry's Android device
    08-21-15 12:05 PM
    Thanks for the link.

Z10STL100-3 /10.3.1.2576 / T-Mobile USA
    08-21-15 12:07 PM
    Sounds positive

Blackberry Passport running 10.3.2.2339
    08-21-15 12:13 PM
    Nice article. Thx for the post OP.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 12:18 PM
    good reading

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    08-21-15 12:23 PM
    Techno Buffalo posted a basic, but overall, good summary of the upcoming Venice. It's also really nice to see such a positive/optimistic article - i'm still so used to BlackBerry being bashed.

BlackBerry Venice: 5 Things to expect from BlackBerry's Android device
    Yeah. Let's enjoy it!

yeah.....still working on it. (*_~)
    08-21-15 12:33 PM
    i like the B, they post useful articles every now and then....nice find!
    08-21-15 12:44 PM
    Give them a compelling story line, and all these blogs will eat it up,.. giving BlackBerry so much more exposure than their marketing team could afford to buy.

Even if they keep BB10 going, the Android slider will have some spill over effect in this regard.

Posted via CB10
    Konfucius18 likes this.
    08-21-15 01:07 PM
    Give them a compelling story line, and all these blogs will eat it up,.. giving BlackBerry so much more exposure than their marketing team could afford to buy.

Even if they keep BB10 going, the Android slider will have some spill over effect in this regard.

Posted via CB10
    I think it is a great story and really brings most of the leaked info together nicely and slows there are those in the media and tech world rooting for BlackBerry.

But.... wouldn't go so far as to say more exposure than a marketing team could afford to buy. How many average Joes and Janes read tech sites?

We’re waiting BlackBerry. Please don’t let us down.
    That means... Chen needs to be prepared to spend a small portion of his cash! For the most part I think this devices should attract interest... if people know about it.
    08-21-15 01:15 PM
    I think it is a great story and really brings most of the leaked info together nicely and slows there are those in the media and tech world rooting for BlackBerry.

But.... wouldn't go so far as to say more exposure than a marketing team could afford to buy. How many average Joes and Janes read tech sites?

That means... Chen needs to be prepared to spend a small portion of his cash! For the most part I think this devices should attract interest... if people know about it.
    Sure, but the difference is that this time they may not have to advertise against a crowd of tech (and not so tech) bloggers piling on with 'me-too' snarky bashing articles.

Maybe.

Posted via CB10
    08-21-15 01:28 PM
    Sure, but the difference is that this time they may not have to advertise against a crowd of tech (and not so tech) bloggers piling on with 'me-too' snarky bashing articles.

Maybe.

Posted via CB10
    I really remember there being a lot of positive comments and articles on the Z10. Maybe I'm wrong, but that was one of the reason I bought one. Sure seemed that BlackBerry was on track to make a comeback. I do remember a few comments about apps, but most all were falling in line with BlackBerry's story of developers were working on bring apps. Most of the bashing happened after that earnings report.

BlackBerry Z10 review - Engadget

When it was apparent that the Z10 was a sales flop and that developers weren't coming... things changed.
    08-21-15 01:56 PM
    Great read OP. Thank you.

Over time things evolve.
    08-21-15 02:00 PM
    Refreshing...
    08-21-15 03:07 PM
    Lets hope this viewpoint is the standard.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-21-15 08:12 PM
    Really looking forward to this device. I hope it's packed with all the BB10 APKs that give it that BB10 feel-like the rumours suggest. More people will get a chance to experience a taste of what BB10 has to offer.

I can't wait to get my hands on one.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    08-24-15 12:05 AM
    I really remember there being a lot of positive comments and articles on the Z10. Maybe I'm wrong, but that was one of the reason I bought one. Sure seemed that BlackBerry was on track to make a comeback. I do remember a few comments about apps, but most all were falling in line with BlackBerry's story of developers were working on bring apps. Most of the bashing happened after that earnings report.

BlackBerry Z10 review - Engadget

When it was apparent that the Z10 was a sales flop and that developers weren't coming... things changed.
    Yeah, you should go back and re-review the articles just before and after BB10's launch. Reviews that were embargoed and released on launch day may have been neutral to slightly hopeful, but the "lack of apps" meme was already there.

BlackBerry and BB10 was under full assault the weekend following launch day by bearish analysts and Seeking Alpha contributors accusing BlackBerry of lying about sales levels. BB10 was on sale for about 30 days in Q4 2013! And while the tech blogs and analysts were attacking and questioning BB10 sales numbers in March 2013 (and essentially creating a self-fulfilling prophecy), leading to the first ER with sales, BlackBerry was in their "quiet period."

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    08-24-15 12:45 AM
    Yeah, you should go back and re-review the articles just before and after BB10's launch. Reviews that were embargoed and released on launch day may have been neutral to slightly hopeful, but the "lack of apps" meme was already there.

BlackBerry and BB10 was under full assault the weekend following launch day by bearish analysts and Seeking Alpha contributors accusing BlackBerry of lying about sales levels. BB10 was on sale for about 30 days in Q4 2013! And while the tech blogs and analysts were attacking and questioning BB10 sales numbers in March 2013 (and essentially creating a self-fulfilling prophecy), leading to the first ER with sales, BlackBerry was in their "quiet period."

Posted via CB10
    Analysts and Seeking Alpha (who reads that other than investors).... didn't create the problems that BB10 had at launch.

I agree that soon after the launch, there were some doing inventory and sales "checks"...and finding a very different picture being painted by the actual sales than what Thor was wanting us to believe. But it was the buggy software and lack of apps that ultimately lead to poor sales.

As I said those that were doing the hardware reviews of the Z10 were not overly negative.... much like right now some seem to be hopeful for the SLIDER.
    08-24-15 07:14 AM
    Analysts and Seeking Alpha (who reads that other than investors).... didn't create the problems that BB10 had at launch.

I agree that soon after the launch, there were some doing inventory and sales "checks"...and finding a very different picture being painted by the actual sales than what Thor was wanting us to believe. But it was the buggy software and lack of apps that ultimately lead to poor sales.

As I said those that were doing the hardware reviews of the Z10 were not overly negative.... much like right now some seem to be hopeful for the SLIDER.
    There was always the 'is this too little too late' theme underlying every backhanded 'compliment'.

Posted via CB10
    08-24-15 07:44 AM
    Nice post. Thanks for sharing

:-)

�   Andro-Loader (TM) - who is gonna leak ...? Black-Berry! dadadada dee dum dee dum...   �
    08-24-15 06:14 PM