highlight of my day was when i absent mindedly gazed off into the distance while typing an email...

wait, what did i just do??

it's been a few weeks and i'm not nearly as accurate compared to the droid 4 i had, but it was a nice feeling nonetheless...

a few more weeks maybe?
    12-12-15 01:04 AM
    The PRIV virtual keyboard is a dream to type on. I also find the physical keyboard to be awesome for 'no look' typing. All around best typing experience.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-12-15 02:17 AM
    highlight of my day was when i absent mindedly gazed off into the distance while typing an email...

wait, what did i just do??

it's been a few weeks and i'm not nearly as accurate compared to the droid 4 i had, but it was a nice feeling nonetheless...

a few more weeks maybe?
    This is why I have missed the pkb. You can have the best vkb on the planet (and bb does) but it is no match for the pkb and touch typing.
    12-12-15 09:20 AM
    The ONLY reason I switched was because I missed a physical keyboard. Virtual keyboards are all nice but sometimes feeling the key presses works best when you aren't paying attention lol.
    12-12-15 09:38 AM
    I love the pkb but I find if I use it too often my thumbs get sore.

Maybe I just need to find a new position.
    12-13-15 12:03 AM
    The ONLY reason I switched was because I missed a physical keyboard. Virtual keyboards are all nice but sometimes feeling the key presses works best when you aren't paying attention lol.
    This. I could always touch type reasonably well on Swiftkey with my old LG, but the big difference in touch typing on vkb vs pkb for me is the fact that you have to think about what you're doing on the vkb. You have to take care in your mind to slam your thumb down on the right spot. With the tactile feel of the pkb, as well as the ability to just slide your fingers around and feel each of the keys. It just becomes a muscle exercise. Where even if you make a mistake without paying attention you still hit the backspace without missing a beat, and I can just type away on the pkb of my Classic or Passport while having an eye-contact-conversation with a colleague. Pkb for the win.

ClassicSQC100-4/10.3.2.2639
    ce71 likes this.
    12-13-15 12:27 AM
    You guys are much more talented than me. I can't have a conversation with someone while not thinking about what I'm typing and just be able to type on the keyboard because I can feel the keys. Where can I get this mind power that allows me to type out long emails without thinking about what I'm typing simply because I can feel the keys?
    12-13-15 05:59 AM
    You guys are much more talented than me. I can't have a conversation with someone while not thinking about what I'm typing and just be able to type on the keyboard because I can feel the keys. Where can I get this mind power that allows me to type out long emails without thinking about what I'm typing simply because I can feel the keys?
    Please. Do not be so hard on yourself. The simple reality is that you will never have this power, but not for reasons that you may initially believe.

Thousands of years ago, this planet was visited by a life force from a different world. These beings were on a mission to find a new home within the cold dark reaches of space and time.

Today, the human population contains a subset of people, with whom they bring one gift to the world that was passed on by their great ancestors from another planet, that gift...is the gift of arrogance. It IS true - we can type while our minds play adrift in a sea of thought and exploration.

I leave you with this, passed on from the great elder, "Confidence is a nice suit. Arrogance is the same suit with suspenders, Italian loafers, and gold cuff links." Behold - the Priv!!!
    12-13-15 06:22 AM
    Please. Do not be so hard on yourself. The simple reality is that you will never have this power, but not for reasons that you may initially believe.

Thousands of years ago, this planet was visited by a life force from a different world. These beings were on a mission to find a new home within the cold dark reaches of space and time.

Today, the human population contains a subset of people, with whom they bring one gift to the world that was passed on by their great ancestors from another planet, that gift...is the gift of arrogance. It IS true - we can type while our minds play adrift in a sea of thought and exploration.

I leave you with this, passed on from the great elder, "Confidence is a nice suit. Arrogance is the same suit with suspenders, Italian loafers, and gold cuff links." Behold - the Priv!!!
    Wow, so insightful.
    12-13-15 06:23 AM
    Wow, so insightful.
    Great leaders inspire greatness in others.
    12-13-15 06:41 AM
    Great leaders inspire greatness in others.
    Obviously, thank you for being you.
    12-13-15 06:51 AM
    Do you not touch type on a regular keyboard? Turn the lights off and type "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."

If you do not touch type then you will not feel the zen. The brain is amazing...I can touch type, but I could not write out the entire keyboard by hand from memory...not even just the letters. Actually, I don't even use the qwerty keyboard...I use the colemak keyboard. I know some people who can type using qwerty and colemak...and dvorak. Even though I don't touch type using qwerty, I don't have to re-arrange the keys because I NEVER have to look at them. Take the time to learn...it is well worth it. You could probably double your "hunt and pecking" speed in less than a year...but speed is not the only reason...it's the comfort. You can look at the screen while you type...or look away..or transcribe from a page. You don't have to "see" your mistakes anymore...you can "feel" them.

If you really want to force yourself to learn then get a Das Mechanical (blank) keyboard. I have one...totally cool. Anyway, the point of all this is the people who don't touch type simply aren't qualified to be in a discussion about keyboards.

"NO KEY INSCRIPTIONS... NOTHING...NADA
    Bad A S S Typists Don't Look Down at the Keys"
    Das Keyboard 4C Ultimate - Compact Mechanical Keyboard
    Attached Thumbnails reaching touch typing zen-das-keyboard-4c-ultimate-usb-de-kabel-greetech-blue.png  
    Last edited by Mark Sb; 12-13-15 at 09:28 AM.
    domokeats09 likes this.
    12-13-15 09:18 AM
    Do you not touch type on a regular keyboard? Turn the lights off and type "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."

If you do not touch type then you will not feel the zen. The brain is amazing...I can touch type, but I could not write out the entire keyboard by hand from memory...not even just the letters. Actually, I don't even use the qwerty keyboard...I use the colemak keyboard. I know some people who can type using qwerty and colemak...and dvorak. Even though I don't touch type using qwerty, I don't have to re-arrange the keys because I NEVER have to look at them. Take the time to learn...it is well worth it. If you type 40 wpm "hunt and pecking" then you could practically double your speed in less than a year...but speed is not the only reason...it's the comfort.

If you really want to force yourself to learn then get a Das Mechanical (blank) keyboard as well...I have one...totally cool. Anyway, the point of all this is the people who don't touch type simply aren't qualified to be in a discussion about keyboards.

Bad *** Typists Don't Look Down at the Keys"
    It's funny how easily this is scoffed at for arrogance.

You guys simply underestimate the power of muscle memory and the level of task switching that active brains are able to achieve.

12-13-15 09:23 AM

If you do not touch type then you will not feel the zen. The brain is amazing...I can touch type, but I could not write out the entire keyboard by hand from memory...not even just the letters. Actually, I don't even use the qwerty keyboard...I use the colemak keyboard. I know some people who can type using qwerty and colemak...and dvorak. Even though I don't touch type using qwerty, I don't have to re-arrange the keys because I NEVER have to look at them. Take the time to learn...it is well worth it. You could probably double your "hunt and pecking" speed in less than a year...but speed is not the only reason...it's the comfort. You can look at the screen while you type...or look away..or transcribe from a page. You don't have to "see" your mistakes anymore...you can "feel" them.

If you really want to force yourself to learn then get a Das Mechanical (blank) keyboard. I have one...totally cool. Anyway, the point of all this is the people who don't touch type simply aren't qualified to be in a discussion about keyboards.

Bad A S S Typists Don't Look Down at the Keys"
    I can type while looking at the screen to see what I'm typing on a computer while not looking at the keys and while thinking about what my next words and thoughts are going to be in my emails. What I can't do is do what some of you gifted typers can do which is type, carry on a conversation with someone else, and and put together a coherent email all because I have physical keys. You guys are amazing. It's awe inspiring to me that some of you can type out long and well thought out emails all while talking to someone else and still keep your email thoughts while you are having a conversation with someone else. Regardless of looking at the keys or not, having two minds that can speak and about one thing while typing out something else is amazing. I hope that some of you have donated your brains to science after we are all gone so that scientists can study your brilliance and future generations can benefit from you.
    12-13-15 09:40 AM
    I can type while looking at the screen to see what I'm typing on a computer while not looking at the keys and while thinking about what my next words and thoughts are going to be in my emails. What I can't do is do what some of you gifted typers can do which is type, carry on a conversation with someone else, and and put together a coherent email all because I have physical keys. You guys are amazing. It's awe inspiring to me that some of you can type out long and well thought out emails all while talking to someone else and still keep your email thoughts while you are having a conversation with someone else. Regardless of looking at the keys or not, having two minds that can speak and about one thing while typing out something else is amazing. I hope that some of you have donated your brains to science after we are all gone so that scientists can study your brilliance and future generations can benefit from you.
    K cool story bro

12-13-15 09:42 AM
    K cool story bro

Thanks, yours was cooler though.

Edit: Bro.
    Ah I see...yes that is pretty impressive.
    It's funny how easily this is scoffed at for arrogance.

You guys simply underestimate the power of muscle memory and the level of task switching that active brains are able to achieve.

But the ergonomics of muscle memory is defied by the effort to accommodate to the straight rather than curved keyboard... thumbs don't hurt on my HP Pre3...

Posted via CB10
    12-13-15 10:10 AM
    But the ergonomics of muscle memory is defied by the effort to accommodate to the straight rather than curved keyboard... thumbs don't hurt on my HP Pre3...

Posted via CB10
    Gotta try out this whole curved keyboard thing. Doesn't seem like it'd be that big of a deal although it does make a little more sense as far as thumb movement goes.

 PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2639 
    12-13-15 06:22 PM
    Definitely getting a lot better at typing on the physical keyboard. Almost as fast as on the virtual one now and making a lot fewer mistakes
    12-14-15 12:03 AM