So a few times in the last week, my vz PRIV has just shut off. The only notice I get is my pebble watch pops up with "disconnected" . The phone is unresponsive so I have to hold the power button down for approximately 15 seconds and it fires right back up with no issues for a few days. Anyone else experience this?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-06-16 10:14 AM
    Very strange, I've never had that at all with mine. Do you normally happen to keep the phone in something where the power button could accidentally be pressed? I still ascribe to the hip holster way of life, and I've had it happen a couple of times that I've accidentally rebooted or turned off phones when I'm doing something and the holster gets compressed for a long enough time.

If none of that applies, I'd definitely go the warranty route, cuz that sounds like a short or something in the phone.
    07-06-16 10:34 AM
    What was your battery level when that happens mine sometimes does that when it reaches 29%

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-06-16 02:28 PM
    Does not sound right. Testing for the possible "short" issue, I'd suggest slapping the phone firmly into you palm and see if that triggers a power OFF situation due to shaking.

Make sure that any case does not touch the power button and/or your pocket does not press it accidentally.

If this is a regular occurrence like you suggest, it sound defective. Call their 800 number and, at least, start a ticket with concerns.

Blackberry Support 1-866-533-8067
    07-06-16 02:41 PM
    Battery is always in the 80-90% range and it always has happended when it's sitting on my desk phone stand. I've done the shake test and I can't reproduce it. I figured I'll see if it happens again and if so, open a ticket.
    07-07-16 09:06 AM
    Battery is always in the 80-90% range and it always has happended when it's sitting on my desk phone stand. I've done the shake test and I can't reproduce it. I figured I'll see if it happens again and if so, open a ticket.
    That's interesting. Do you ever charge your phone using the included USB cable and charger? If not, I'd suggest giving it a try for a bit, and see if the issue happens with it. If it does, then sounds like your problem is in the micro USB jack, and if not, it might be your desk phone stand. This is all assuming the desk stand also charges the device, if not, then I'd try and see what else is particular about this desk stand that might be causing the problem.
    07-07-16 12:28 PM
    Desk stand is just a holder, no power, nothing plugs into the phone. I only the use charger and cable that came with it.
    07-08-16 01:33 PM
    Hrm... nothing about this desk stand that, pardon, stands out to you? Like, anything pressing on the phone, or obstructing it in some way? Or, do you happen to notice if the phone is particularly warm after one of these reboots? Is the stand in the path of direct sunlight at all?

Definitely an odd issue if it only ever occurs in the stand.
    07-08-16 04:16 PM