I've been noticing random beeps coming from my Priv for the past week or two.
    The beep sound is quite faint and I can only hear in a quiet environment. I haven't been able to find out if it is an app that's causing it or something else (no new notifications show up when I hear the beep).

It would sometimes only beep once and that's it but I've also heard it beep once, then again a few minutes later.

The beep is similar to perhaps the sound you'd hear when you answer/hangup a call, or put somebody on call hold/waiting. It's not like a tone you'd hear when using the dialpad.

Anybody encounter this issue before? Have any ideas on where I can maybe start looking to fix this?
    06-20-17 10:17 AM
    I've been noticing random beeps coming from my Priv for the past week or two.
    The beep sound is quite faint and I can only hear in a quiet environment. I haven't been able to find out if it is an app that's causing it or something else (no new notifications show up when I hear the beep).

It would sometimes only beep once and that's it but I've also heard it beep once, then again a few minutes later.

The beep is similar to perhaps the sound you'd hear when you answer/hangup a call, or put somebody on call hold/waiting. It's not like a tone you'd hear when using the dialpad.

Anybody encounter this issue before? Have any ideas on where I can maybe start looking to fix this?
    Have you installed any new apps in the last week or so? Remember tweaking any settings? So, when you pull down, there's no Notifications that might be related to it?
    06-20-17 01:52 PM
    Have you installed any new apps in the last week or so? Remember tweaking any settings? So, when you pull down, there's no Notifications that might be related to it?
    Yup... installed, but also uninstalled lots of apps over the past few weeks.
    When I hear the beep, no new notifications come up -- just the ones that provide continuous notifications (Fongo, ACR call recorder, Velis auto brightness).

Could it be the Fongo but I just never noticed it before?
    06-20-17 09:21 PM
    Do you have nfc turned on? And you're placing the phone on something that has nfc like a credit card?
    06-20-17 10:32 PM
    Do you have nfc turned on? And you're placing the phone on something that has nfc like a credit card?
    Thanks, but nope, can't see it being on NFC.
    NFC is always on but it made the sound before when it was just sitting on my desk and also once when it was on the sofa.
    06-20-17 11:13 PM
    Did you just reboot it maybe? I know it beeps at you if you don't put in your pin during the secure boot
    06-20-17 11:57 PM
    What about bluetooth pairing/connect and possibly disconnect? I know that occasionally I will hear a sound like when I leave the house and move away from the cordless phone that is paired with my Priv (and also a Smartlock pairing). But I don't see any notice that the two devices have disconnected.
    06-21-17 12:10 AM
    Sounds like my Priv. Do you have any custom ringtones installed ? If so, more than one ?
    06-21-17 03:48 PM
    I've noticed it and found out it is a Facebook notification! .... well it is on mine
    06-22-17 07:05 AM
    Did you just reboot it maybe? I know it beeps at you if you don't put in your pin during the secure boot
    I know the sounds you're mentioning, but that sounds more like a 'ticking' sound. The one I'm hearing sounds more like a call hold/waiting beep.

What about bluetooth pairing/connect and possibly disconnect? I know that occasionally I will hear a sound like when I leave the house and move away from the cordless phone that is paired with my Priv (and also a Smartlock pairing). But I don't see any notice that the two devices have disconnected.
    I always leave my Bluetooth on, but only pairing with my car, fitbit or headphones. I don't think it's the Bluetooth?

Sounds like my Priv. Do you have any custom ringtones installed ? If so, more than one ?
    No custom ringtones.

I've noticed it and found out it is a Facebook notification! .... well it is on mine
    Nope... no Facebook notifications. No new notifications when I hear the 'beep'.
    06-23-17 09:17 AM