What's going on with the LTE radio performance on the Verizon PRIV? I upgraded my wife from her Z10 to the PRIV, and now the reception at our house is so much worse for her. The about display shows that her signal strength is about -112 dBm, whereas my Blackberry Classic shows signal strength of around -80 dBm.

We had to get a HD calling enabled this past weekend, as the signal strength on a replacement PRIV (first one's screen got fractured), as the signal strength was just too low for Verizon to even validate the phone.
    05-30-16 12:37 PM
    Do you have the latest OS/radio build put out by Verizon?
    05-30-16 03:00 PM
    What's going on with the LTE radio performance on the Verizon PRIV? I upgraded my wife from her Z10 to the PRIV, and now the reception at our house is so much worse for her. The about display shows that her signal strength is about -112 dBm, whereas my Blackberry Classic shows signal strength of around -80 dBm.

We had to get a HD calling enabled this past weekend, as the signal strength on a replacement PRIV (first one's screen got fractured), as the signal strength was just too low for Verizon to even validate the phone.
    So, what's the signal strength showing with HD calling? Which you probably should have had all along to take advantage of all that the Priv can be on Verizon. What part of the Verizon Network are you located on. I don't have any signal problems at all in Easter North Carolina. I'm not in a metropolitan area, but I travel all over the East Coast and my signal is great everywhere.
    05-30-16 03:00 PM
    We are in the Charlotte area. By verizon's feedback, on Sunday, we are right at the far reach of 3 cell towers. I turned off wireless on my wife's phone and signal strength stayed in the -112 down to -116.

I'm sure that this is what's causing her battery to drain so quickly, and know it is very frustrating for her.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 08:55 PM
    Her phone is running the latest update from Verizon, specifically AAE601 at the may 1st security patch level.

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 08:57 PM
    Does the phone stay on 4GLTE or does it drop down to 3G or 1X?
    05-30-16 09:54 PM
    It shows 4G

Posted via CB10
    05-30-16 10:26 PM
    I have seen the same low signal strength. I was in a restaurant the other day and my phone could not get enough signal to do a Google search. My husband has a galaxy S5 and had no issues. We are both on Verizon and with my Z30 I always had better signal strength than him. This was in Orange County, Southern California.
    05-31-16 12:39 AM
    Mine is perfect, I have Verizon and PRIV with no issue.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    05-31-16 01:27 AM
    My Verizon Priv has pretty much never had 4G LTE since I got it. Best I get is 2-3 bars. In Dallas. (obviously major city). My call quality has always been spotty. My Z30 had better call quality overall. Here's hoping the new OS update that other carriers already have will be put forth by VZW soon, and will include a radio update. Boy, do I miss the option of updating the radio file only on BB10.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-31-16 03:45 AM
    We are in the Charlotte area. By verizon's feedback, on Sunday, we are right at the far reach of 3 cell towers. I turned off wireless on my wife's phone and signal strength stayed in the -112 down to -116.

I'm sure that this is what's causing her battery to drain so quickly, and know it is very frustrating for her.

Posted via CB10
    One more thing for you to try : go to system settings /wireless and networks /more/cellular networks /preferred network type. If it is set on global, change it to LTE/CDMA. I don't have any problems with global, but quite a while ago somewhere in here it was suggested that the lte/cdma setting would help some signal issues. Don't have anything else for you, sorry.
    FF22 and bluesqueen23 like this.
    06-01-16 09:36 AM
    Exactly the same thing happened to me. Had decent service in my house with the Z10, switched to the PRIV and my signal strength is a major issue now. Had to disable HD calling. The weak signal made the sound very choppy. I also frequently get messages that calls can't be completed and to try again later.
    06-02-16 04:53 AM
    I'm in the greater Charlotte area as well and my PRIV signal is considerably less robust than my Z30 and my son's Sammy. The Z30 was without a doubt the best signal grabber I've ever seen, but the priv ...not so much.

There is a lot to like, but the priv makes me work for it.
    06-02-16 05:41 AM
    i found that lte worked fine but when it dropped to 3g or 1xrt it wouldn't make a call. I had to return it which is a pity because i really liked it.

Using my 6p which has no problem with 3g or1xrt
    06-02-16 03:48 PM
    i found that lte worked fine but when it dropped to 3g or 1xrt it wouldn't make a call. I had to return it which is a pity because i really liked it.

Using my 6p which has no problem with 3g or1xrt
    I continually had the same issue with my Verizon Priv. Couldn't complete a call when I could with a different phone in the same location.
    06-02-16 05:50 PM
    I'm in Cleveland (don't hold that against me) and at the airport now. Signal is 2 or 3 bars. Never as good as my Z30. I do get LTE when I'm close to a tower. One of the few disappointments with this phone

06-04-16 03:59 PM
    Much worse on my Priv than my Q10... I don't get it... and it's laggy as F and gets hot as F too... other than that, it's a great flagship phone...

06-04-16 07:09 PM
    Granted, I live pretty close to the second ring of hell my service is okay except for two places.. My favorite chair in my livingroom.. If I sit there with my phone my battery burns quick looking for service and I am unable to send or receive calls. Also, in my office at work it can be pretty crappie but I blame the lead. But yeah my Classic is definitely a better phone - service in both previously mentioned but the PRIV has neat crap like an app to start my car in the winter and one to track where I go to bathroom so it can automatically tweet Zuckerberg and he can suggest an advertisement to show me.

FF22 likes this.
    06-04-16 09:24 PM
    I'm always one or two bars less of signal on my Priv than my Z10 or Z30. I currently use a Priv and a Z30 and my Z30 always has a better signal. I thought maybe I had a bad handset or something.

Posted via CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    06-05-16 05:26 AM
    I'm always one or two bars less of signal on my Priv than my Z10 or Z30. I currently use a Priv and a Z30 and my Z30 always has a better signal. I thought maybe I had a bad handset or something.
    Bars don't really mean much. If you can get dBm readings like the OP did, that would be a more objective comparison.
    06-05-16 07:50 AM