I find making numbers and symbols clunky using the physical keyboard. In order do so, you have to click alt and the corresponding number on they PKB. The same is true for symbols. This means that in order to type a phone number, Ill have to click Alt + Number, Alt + Number, and keep repeating it. It's also a bit of an awkward position for my hand, as my two thumbs are really close together, due to the proximity of the alt and the number keys.
    I also find it to be a bit clunky getting question and exclamation marks down in a quick manner.

My questions is then: Am I missing something, or will I just have to accept that certain tasks on the PKB is a bit awkward?

Thanks a lot!
    11-20-15 04:50 PM
    I don't know any way of short-cutting it, although if you're in the phone on a Classic then the phone recognizes the letters as the corresponding numbers - you don't have to press alt first.
    11-20-15 04:55 PM
    Thanks for your reply! I tested now on the priv and you do indeed have to press alt before every number. This is my first BB, so I never had the pleasure of playing with a Classic.

While I have a thread here, I have another question regarding the BB keyboard - the virtual keyboard this time. When you type, you get word suggestions up on the keyboard at seemingly random places and I can't figure out how select them. I've looked at various forum threads and videos, but I can't find anything. Any help here would be appreciated. As I can't figure the virtual keyboard out, Im reverting back to swiftkey for on-screen typing, which I'd prefer to avoid; switching keyboards is an annoyance.
    11-20-15 04:59 PM
    Have you tried swipe down on the physical and BlackBerry virtual keyboard?

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    11-20-15 05:00 PM
    On the virtual keyboard you should be able to change the settings to switch to only three auto suggestions instead of the above letters version.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    11-20-15 05:01 PM
    I thought you could also swipe down on the physical kb of the Priv in order to bring up the alt keyboard (on the screen obviously).

Posted via CB10
    11-20-15 05:04 PM
    you don't click alt then a number. you can hold it down while you click the number. Maybe you are referring to one handed use?
    in the phone app clicking those do default to numbers.

I think you can Alt lock too by holding Alt down for you will see on top it shows ALT that means Alt is locked.
    WWBlondieDo likes this.
    11-20-15 05:04 PM
    you don't click alt then a number. you can hold it down while you click the number. Maybe you are referring to one handed use?
    in the phone app clicking those do default to numbers.

I think you can Alt lock too by holding Alt down for you will see on top it shows ALT that means Alt is locked.
    Perfect! This works for numbers! Thanks a lot. Double-clicking alt also works.

What about the question about quickly adding question marks? Is there any way to quickly add a question mark, or do you have to click alt then the symbol? It would be nice if this could be done in one command instead of two, such as holding down the symbol or the like. For instance, on the virtual keyboard you can hold down ?123 and simply swipe to where the question mark is - one command instead of two.
    11-20-15 05:09 PM
    On the virtual keyboard you should be able to change the settings to switch to only three auto suggestions instead of the above letters version.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.2.2639
    Alright, that's good to know! For other BB newbies, it seems like the way you chose the suggestion it has given you is to swipe up ON the word on the Virtual Keyboard. This makes sense once you know it, I suppose.
    11-20-15 05:12 PM
    Isn't that Just Alt + v....???
    11-20-15 05:40 PM
    Yes, exactly. I have to use two fingers instead of one. It would be helpful if you could do it with a single command. It's by no means an issue, just a slight speed-bump for me.
    11-20-15 05:47 PM
    Swipe down also brings up the alt vkb symbols. Swipe twice to get another alt set. (I wish it was the same sequence as the vkb whenyou swipe down)

Proudly PRIVateering since 2015.
    11-20-15 05:56 PM
    Swipe down also brings up the alt vkb symbols. Swipe twice to get another alt set. (I wish it was the same sequence as the vkb whenyou swipe down)

Proudly PRIVateering since 2015.
    You can swipe down on virtual keyboard to get symbols.
    11-20-15 06:15 PM
    Just swipe down on the pkb the for symbols. Got to the help in your all apps icon from the home screen for details.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    11-20-15 06:22 PM
    Is it possible to change the order that the two alt vkbs show up in? In other words, have the numbers alt vkb come up with the first swipe down and the symbols show up for the second swipe down. As someone who types a lot of numbers, this would help immensely.
    11-20-15 09:44 PM
    Thanks for your reply! I tested now on the priv and you do indeed have to press alt before every number. This is my first BB, so I never had the pleasure of playing with a Classic.

While I have a thread here, I have another question regarding the BB keyboard - the virtual keyboard this time. When you type, you get word suggestions up on the keyboard at seemingly random places and I can't figure out how select them. I've looked at various forum threads and videos, but I can't find anything. Any help here would be appreciated. As I can't figure the virtual keyboard out, Im reverting back to swiftkey for on-screen typing, which I'd prefer to avoid; switching keyboards is an annoyance.
    Place tip of finger on the word and flick upwards.

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    11-21-15 12:16 AM
    Sorry if this has been mentioned already but you can also long press alt and it will lock alt on until you press alt again or move to a different area to input text.
    RigoMonster likes this.
    11-21-15 12:22 AM
    on the classic u can click alt and left shift for "alt lock" and alt and right shift for "caps lock"
    11-22-15 11:43 PM
    click the alt button twice and it will lock it in that mode.
    same with the shift button, click it twice and it will caps lock it.
    11-23-15 12:34 AM