Hello,

I have a BlackBerry Priv running Android 6.0.1
    Since the Marshmallow (I think) update, every time I want to turn on Mobile Hotspot, I pull down the quick setting, press on it and it makes me unlock the phone and takes me to the mobile hotspot section in the settings app which is very bothering and unnecessary. Same with BlackBerry Hub, if I want to mark as read an email I press on it and again, need to unlock the phone for that to happen.
    Any thoughts on why this is happening and how can I stop it?

Thank in advance,
    Tamam
    12-17-16 06:25 AM
    Ummm okay?
    12-17-16 09:43 AM
    Hello,

Since the Marshmallow (I think) update, every time I want to turn on Mobile Hotspot, I pull down the quick setting, press on it and it makes me unlock the phone and takes me to the mobile hotspot section in the settings app which is very bothering and unnecessary. Same with BlackBerry Hub, if I want to mark as read an email I press on it and again, need to unlock the phone for that to happen.

Thank in advance,
    Tamam
    Yeah unfortunately, that seems to be the way it works now and I agree is totally unnecessary to have go into the mobile hotspot section when you should be able to just toggle it from the quick settings.
    12-17-16 11:14 AM
    Hello,

Thank in advance,
    Tamam
    Long shot here, but I noticed with the quick settings there is a difference between tapping the icon and tapping the text underneath. Maybe it's the same with the Hotspot?
    FF22 likes this.
    12-17-16 11:19 AM
    Long shot here, but I noticed with the quick settings there is a difference between tapping the icon and tapping the text underneath. Maybe it's the same with the Hotspot?
    Nope, Hotspot shortcut is indeed simply ******** and works the way the OP is describing. I was also surprised as I'm sure that on my last Android 4.4 phone it was logically a switch, and it would take you to settings if you long-pressed on it.

Perhaps some shortcut apps from Play store might help... To make a shortcut on the homescreen or in the notifications...
    12-17-16 12:22 PM
    Nope, Hotspot shortcut is indeed simply ******** and works the way the OP is describing. I was also surprised as I'm sure that on my last Android 4.4 phone it was logically a switch, and it would take you to settings if you long-pressed on it.

Perhaps some shortcut apps from Play store might help... To make a shortcut on the homescreen or in the notifications...
    You could remove that shortcut and add a third party one using https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mquicksettings to create a toggle. It even has different functions for short and long press so you could set hotspot toggle for your hotspot while a long press did Bluetooth or opened another app/shortcut/url
    Attached Thumbnails Quick settings on Priv always take me to settings app-73358.jpg  
    Mirko935 likes this.
    12-17-16 08:47 PM
    You could remove that shortcut and add a third party one using https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mquicksettings to create a toggle. It even has different functions for short and long press so you could set hotspot toggle for your hotspot while a long press did Bluetooth or opened another app/shortcut/url
    Cool app. Thanks.
    12-18-16 08:21 AM