Is priv compatible with quickcharge 2 chargers??
    Which chargers are compatible?
    How long it takes to charge?
    01-01-17 10:15 PM
    Any QC2 charger should work; the DTEKs are QC3.
    maniksehgal likes this.
    01-01-17 11:00 PM
    Make sure you get a true Qualcom certified QC2. Theres a lot of chargers that claim quick charge, or even quick charge 2, that aren't.
    QC3 is backwards compatible with QC2, so that is also an option.
    Sigewif likes this.
    01-02-17 08:22 AM
    How does one determine if they are QC2 compatible? I found a travel one on Staples ut cannot determine if it is Qualcom approved.

BlueDiamond Defend Travel + Charge 1' Surge Protector | Staples®

Also is there any evidence about the effects on battery health long term of using QC devices? I do find the sync pod and regular chargers to be quite slow. Thanks for your advice.
    01-15-17 10:00 AM
    A QC3.0 charger will work in 2.0 mode. I've got multiple chargers that are QC capable and all have worked fine with both my Priv and DTEK60.

QC tends to produce less phone heating because it better-matches the input voltage to the requirement for charging. QC3.0 does a better job of it than 2.0, but both are better than no quick charge at all. As such they should result in *less* impact on battery life (it's the heat that's the problem, not the rate of charge per-se.)
    Wezard likes this.
    01-15-17 10:25 AM
    How does one determine if they are QC2 compatible? I found a travel one on Staples ut cannot determine if it is Qualcom approved.

BlueDiamond Defend Travel + Charge 1' Surge Protector | Staples®

Also is there any evidence about the effects on battery health long term of using QC devices? I do find the sync pod and regular chargers to be quite slow. Thanks for your advice.
    I suspect that if it is NOT labeled QC2 then it is not official.

Now it might still charge faster than the one that came with the phone since it has higher output. I still use the ac charger that came with my BB Playbook. Actually, I have a few of them and one goes on trips. But it is not QC meaning that it does not monitor the power going into the phone.
    Wezard and rfin16 like this.
    01-15-17 10:33 AM
    Any QC2 charger should work; the DTEKs are QC3.
    The dtek60 is 3.0, the 50 is 2.0 like the Priv.
    01-15-17 10:44 AM
    It should say Qualcom Certified, or something to that effect. Could still be knock off, but your chances are much better.
    01-15-17 01:17 PM
    What exactly does the QC do... how does it work?
    01-15-17 03:10 PM
    I'm no techie, but in layman's terms, it essentially takes the "governor" off the charging process and allows more electricity to be used for charging, as the batteries are capable of accepting more juice the offered by conventional chargers. This makes charging much faster.

The key part is that it senses how much juice is too much juice, which may otherwise damage the battery, and stays below that level, while still considerably above the standard level.
    01-15-17 03:22 PM
    I found an app that purported to tell what charging mode is used but it was buggy... how to tell? Sometimes my Priv charges extremely fast, sometimes not with same cable & charger... câble was sold as qc2 compliant... replugging or rebooting sometimes help...
    01-15-17 03:26 PM
    I still use the ac charger that came with my BB Playbook.
    Me too... works great and charges my Priv in quick order... 👍

Bob
    Carmels likes this.
    01-15-17 03:51 PM
    Proudly I skipped the PlayBook... did get a TouchPad at firewall though... great device with cyanogen mod...
    01-15-17 03:53 PM
    most phones charge at 5v and up to 2.0 amps. with QC 2.0 your phone goes up to 9v and usually drops the amps to .75-1.0. the higher voltage and lower amp charge doesnt heat up as much as 5v 2.0 amp does therefore your battery lifespan isnt really effected. Instead you get fast charging without decreasing battery cell life. Your device has to be compatible or else it will usually revert back down to the 5v. Ive learned that alot of things can effect how much power gets transfered thru to your phone. Your wall outlet vs a Surge protector vs your Micro usb cable/ connectors/wire quality/length of cable- all these effect how much power gets to your phone during a charge. I hope this helps
    FF22, rfin16 and Diogo Cardoso like this.
    01-16-17 05:00 AM
    And those playbook chargers put out a good bit more charging power than the lame stock chargers, which can barely out a net positive charge in your Priv if you are using it to watch videos, etc., while charging and take forever to give you full chsrge.l even if unencumbered by additional demands placed on the phone
    FF22 likes this.
    01-16-17 05:39 AM
    I have been 3 QC 2.0 wall chargers. An Aukey, Samsung and HTC branded. All support QC 2.0. They do charge much faster than the standard non-QC wall chargers. Do a search on YouTube about Quick Chargers.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-16-17 05:51 AM
    I went ahead and bought the BlackBerry branded travel quick charger from ShopBlackBerry for my Priv. It works great. If you are traveling abroad, the plug-in head is removable. I bought a plug-in head that works in Europe for a recent trip. These were a little expensive but it was worth it to know it would work correctly. I have had some less than stellar off brand chargers. I also have an Aukey quick charger for my car. Before I got that for my car I got another brand that drained my battery and made my Priv flicker.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-16-17 11:53 PM
    I am thinking of buying this as well? What is the charging time form 20% using this charger? And are the overseas attachments needed or would it not perform the same with a basic converter for EU or UK? Thanks for letting me know.
    01-24-17 01:46 PM
    I went ahead and bought the BlackBerry branded travel quick charger from ShopBlackBerry for my Priv. It works great. If you are traveling abroad, the plug-in head is removable. I bought a plug-in head that works in Europe for a recent trip. These were a little expensive but it was worth it to know it would work correctly. I have had some less than stellar off brand chargers. I also have an Aukey quick charger for my car. Before I got that for my car I got another brand that drained my battery and made my Priv flicker.
    I have the BlackBerry branded one as well. You can get them pretty cheap. I noticed it charges about twice as fast.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-24-17 08:43 PM
    I have the BlackBerry branded one as well. You can get them pretty cheap. I noticed it charges about twice as fast.
    It would be nice if you could just buy the PLUG piece and not the entire charger body again. I would not mind acquiring the PLUG portion that works in Europe.
    01-24-17 10:26 PM
    Does amazon carry the blackberry version? Tons on there but wanna get best
    02-07-17 03:33 PM
    Does amazon carry the blackberry version? Tons on there but wanna get best
    Found this one but has horrible reviews
    02-07-17 03:36 PM
    Found this one but has horrible reviewshttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...99d70c60fd.jpg
    And what about this one?
    02-07-17 03:38 PM
    This one has great reviews

02-07-17 03:39 PM
    If I have the picture correct, that is the original Playbook charger (which BB also sold as their Premium charger or some such). I still have three of them and use one all of the time at home and one is in my electronics travel kit. I've been using it for years with the Playbook, and about 4 other BB phones including the Z10 and Z30 and now the Priv. It is NOT QC2 compliant but it is pretty fast. The folding prongs make it nice for travel.
    02-07-17 05:13 PM
42 12