While i get accustomed to Android, i'm trying to find ways to improve the efficiency compared to BB10. One cool app i've started using a lot is "Last App Switcher".

Quick App Switcher-screenshot_2015-12-14-19-24-08.jpg

So i've set it up that any swipe diagonally left will bring me to the app i was just using. Diagonally right is the HUB as you can tell in the picture. It's really made me a lot more efficient using the PRIV. (i prefer this over the Recent Opened App icon which is congested). It's like "ALT-TAB" feature

Just thought I'd share this for anyone who wanted something like this.
    12-14-15 06:36 PM
    While i get accustomed to Android, i'm trying to find ways to improve the efficiency compared to BB10. One cool app i've started using a lot is "Last App Switcher".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-12-14-19-24-08.jpg 
Views:	943 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	384455

So i've set it up that any swipe diagonally left will bring me to the app i was just using. Diagonally right is the HUB as you can tell in the picture. It's really made me a lot more efficient using the PRIV. (i prefer this over the Recent Opened App icon which is congested). It's like "ALT-TAB" feature

I thought that does this from default? i could be wrong!
    12-14-15 06:58 PM
    I thought that does this from default? i could be wrong!
    You're paying attention to the wrong thing. LAS is his up-left shortcut, which means any time he up-lefts, it always opens the last app he was using (rather than just the pre-programmed app).

Pretty cool idea OP.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-14-15 07:19 PM
    You're paying attention to the wrong thing. LAS is his up-left shortcut, which means any time he up-lefts, it always opens the last app he was using (rather than just the pre-programmed app).

Pretty cool idea OP.
    Ok thanks for clearing it up,
    12-14-15 08:31 PM
    Ok thanks for clearing it up,
    I'll be honest. I thought exactly the same thing you did at first. I cheated and looked up the app after the OP mentioned it. 😄😄😄

mohawk apple likes this.
    12-14-15 08:44 PM
    Nice suggestion OP!

But couldn't this be done by pressing the square button ?
    12-14-15 09:15 PM
    Not really as that takes a 2 taps and locating the app vs. the 1 swipe here. It's just bringing back a more "BB10 feel"
    12-14-15 09:58 PM
    How do you get the left up last app functionality as I couldn't find it in the list of all shortcuts?
    12-14-15 11:58 PM
    OK so clearly I'm being an ***** because I love the idea have installed the app and have then disabled the floating balloon so that I just swipe up/right to launch my last app. But, what actually happens when I swipe up/right is that it launches LastApps SETTINGS page! What the heck am I doing wrong? Or do I need to go and track down the LastApp forums? Grr!!!
    12-15-15 06:18 PM
    allsportsfan - Settings > Device > Swipe Shortcuts.
    12-15-15 06:25 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_2015-12-14-19-24-08.jpg 
Views:	943 
Size:	79.4 KB 
ID:	384455

Swiping diagonally left right is not a feature u mean swiping up with center key!?

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    12-16-15 06:00 AM
    Thanks foe suggestion. I'm gonna try it. Do you have paid/donation app or free? Thanks. I use center swipe for flashlight. And [he left was set for texts msg. But now that HUB works with texts I think LAS will Def make me more productive!

Posted via BlackBerry PRIV
    12-16-15 05:28 PM
    Swiping diagonally left right is not a feature u mean swiping up with center key!?

вιaсĸвεггч� ᕵяiv (STV100-3 Rogers Wireless)via CB for Android 5.1.1
    When you swipe up from the centre Circle button, you are presented with 3 "popups"... the centre one is Google, the right popup is the Blackberry Hub. The left is "Blackberry switch". What i did was download an app called "Last app switcher" and then changed it the swipe up/left to that app.

You change that as follows: Settings>swipe Shortcuts
    I assigned the left one as Last app switcher.
    12-16-15 09:05 PM
    Thanks foe suggestion. I'm gonna try it. Do you have paid/donation app or free? Thanks. I use center swipe for flashlight. And [he left was set for texts msg. But now that HUB works with texts I think LAS will Def make me more productive!

It's a free app i found in Google Play. I love it and use it daily. Much for efficient experience
    12-16-15 09:06 PM
    allsportsfan - Settings > Device > Swipe Shortcuts.
    Did you get it fixed?
    12-16-15 09:08 PM
    Got it!! Thanks!

12-17-15 06:48 AM
    Cool love it! Thanks
    12-17-15 07:02 AM
    awesome idea but when I swipe it always jumps into LAS settings instead of lasat app. any idea?
    12-17-15 07:07 AM
    Had same issue. You need to select LAS from shortcuts not apps when assigning the swipe bubble from settings/display/swipe-up/hard press bubble you want to assign/shortcuts/LAS

Hope this resolves it for you!

Thanks op! I like customizing to seem more like my former blackberry ( which I still kinda miss) ...

MikeRotch76 likes this.
    12-17-15 08:04 AM
    12-17-15 08:14 AM
    Great suggestion!!

Also check out "swipe up utility" app to get rid of Google Now nonsense
    d a elliott likes this.
    12-17-15 08:15 AM
    Is there a way to remove the floating icon?

12-17-15 09:55 AM
    Nice find man.
    12-17-15 10:31 AM
    Is there a way to remove the floating icon?

What I did was went into LAS settings and turned off the setting that says something like "bubble starts automatically on device startup". Then I restarted my device.
    12-17-15 10:35 AM
    That worked perfectly. Thanks!

12-17-15 10:48 AM
31 12