Do I need to unlock the phone to get direct updates from Blackberry or is it enough that I just remove sim card to get latest update without waiting for Rogers to push it through ?
    04-26-16 11:45 AM
    Nothing is going to make the update come faster. Even 'unlocked', your device is still identified and treated as a Rogers device. The only time 'unlocked' means diddly is when it's factory unlocked. ie: Bought from ShopBB or Amazon.
    04-26-16 11:54 AM
    Nothing is going to make the update come faster. Even 'unlocked', your device is still identified and treated as a Rogers device. The only time 'unlocked' means diddly is when it's factory unlocked. ie: Bought from ShopBB or Amazon.
    So you mean even if phone is unlocked I still need to get updates from Rogers ?
    04-26-16 11:59 AM
    Yup correct.
    04-26-16 12:03 PM
    Yes. You are permanently tied to the carrier who you bought the phone from.

Posted via the Priv on the CrackBerry App
    04-26-16 01:16 PM
    I thought that if I unlock the phone and remove simcard I could get updates directly from blackberry ?
    05-20-16 05:41 AM
    I thought that if I unlock the phone and remove simcard I could get updates directly from blackberry ?
    You have a carrier unlocked device. It is still hard coded to Rogers for updates. A factory unlocked device would bypass all carriers and get updates sooner directly from BB. Doesn't matter what cards you have or don't have in the device.
    05-20-16 10:46 AM