I posted this in another thread but no one has answered yet and I need to move fast.

Why did those of you who bought from Tmobile choose them vs. Bberry Direct?

I just spoke to the Tmo store and they said they will take this Priv back so I can order one that doesn't keep getting the buggy battery eating tmo app pushed. The store recognizes this is a big problem for their priv users and there's no way to get rid of it coming back. They're pretty honest, helpful and cool there; which is one of the reasons I got my phone there.

So, my question is, aside from that annoyance, what difference is there between the Tmo version of the STV100-1 and the BBerry Unlocked direct from Blackberry? Am I losing anything on Tmo by doing getting the unlocked phone?
    Will wifi calling still work?
    Will there be a problem with me getting updates from Blackberry vs. from Tmobile if I am on the tmo network if there's a conflict? Or will Tmo filter the updates as my carrier anyway?

Back in the olden days of yore there were a lot of little glitches over not having your phone from your carrier; I don't know if it matters today with an Android. I want the feedback of the many.
    Thanks!!!
    02-23-16 05:56 PM
    The only thing you will lose is the bloat ware. All the Lte bands are the same including band 12.

If you purchase from shop blackberry.com the price is 649.00 and that includes the leather flip case and sync doc

You will also have a 30 day price match if BB cuts the price and 30 day return policy.
    blackbirdy likes this.
    02-23-16 06:08 PM
    I posted this in another thread but no one has answered yet and I need to move fast.

Why did those of you who bought from Tmobile choose them vs. Bberry Direct?

I just spoke to the Tmo store and they said they will take this Priv back so I can order one that doesn't keep getting the buggy battery eating tmo app pushed. The store recognizes this is a big problem for their priv users and there's no way to get rid of it coming back. They're pretty honest, helpful and cool there; which is one of the reasons I got my phone there.

So, my question is, aside from that annoyance, what difference is there between the Tmo version of the STV100-1 and the BBerry Unlocked direct from Blackberry? Am I losing anything on Tmo by doing getting the unlocked phone?
    Will wifi calling still work?
    Will there be a problem with me getting updates from Blackberry vs. from Tmobile if I am on the tmo network if there's a conflict? Or will Tmo filter the updates as my carrier anyway?

Back in the olden days of yore there were a lot of little glitches over not having your phone from your carrier; I don't know if it matters today with an Android. I want the feedback of the many.
    Thanks!!!
    My battery life is great even with the tmo app

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-23-16 06:15 PM
    I bought the tmoble version to support BlackBerry on their return to Magenta. I was going to switch to AT&T if they weren't going to support the Priv. My Passport worked flawlessly on the tmoble so I decided to give it a go.

02-23-16 06:26 PM
    Maybe third time will be a charm. I'm getting ~40% better battery life on this phone than the first one; but it still isn't right (first one died daily by noon) and isn't like the 2 glorious days I had where the phone was perfect. I love the keyboard. Love. So I will at least try one with no bloatware. Something happened to trigger this behavior; I just don't have time to keep wiping out the phone.
    02-23-16 06:38 PM
    I had to stop the My T-Mobile account, FB / messenger, location service and nfc. I turn them on when needed I didn't toggle anything else as described in the forums. Phone gets a little warm but my battery holds out. I kept everything else active tap to wake even have screen adjust active. 5 to 6 hrs screen on time with battery to spare.

02-24-16 02:07 AM
    I went the t-mo route because I needed to do other things with 600+ dollars and I was eligible for the JOD program. I disabled the T-Mobile app and haven't had it return yet.
    I have noticed a great increase in battery life, if I bring my screen brightness down I know I could get more.
    The update part, I couldn't tell you until the March update rolls out and we will see if it's the same as unlocked.

Posted via the Priv on the CrackBerry App for da Droid
    02-24-16 05:47 PM
    I got rid of fb tmo apps and disabled all of the same (tho apps calling for location services made me think turning it back on was better, so I did that). It would be nice to be able to turn off an individual apps ability to call the location services bc IMHO for most of them, where I am is irrelevant to how I use the app and none of their business.
    02-24-16 06:31 PM
    Here is my perspective from having the unlocked Priv on T-Mobile. I bought direct from ShopBlackBerry because I did not want to wait for T-Mobile to get the Priv. Wi-fi calling works on the unlocked phone Priv. I set it to carrier preferred. This, at the suggestion of the TMo guy. Then it will switch to wireless if there is no signal.
    The updates come directly from Blackberry and I have received them promptly--before they are rolled out to the carriers (according to CB's announcements of the update roll outs for carriers). Since I have TMo I see their little icon when I reboot etc but there is no bloatware from them to plague me.
    The support I get at the closest store depends on who is working that day but is usually good. I see that ShopBlackBerry has a special right now, through the 24th. I wish you success with your Priv whatever you choose to do.
    02-24-16 07:25 PM
    Here is my perspective from having the unlocked Priv on T-Mobile. I bought direct from ShopBlackBerry because I did not want to wait for T-Mobile to get the Priv. Wi-fi calling works on the unlocked Priv. I set it to carrier preferred. This, at the suggestion of the TMo guy. Then it will switch to wireless if there is no signal.
    The updates come directly from Blackberry and I have received them promptly--before they are rolled out to the carriers (according to CB's announcements of the update roll outs for carriers). Since I have TMo I see their little icon when I reboot etc but there is no bloatware from them to plague me. My battery life is quite good. 10 hours today has it at 46%.
    The support I get at the closest store depends on who is working that day but is usually good. I see that ShopBlackBerry has a special right now, through the 24th. I wish you success with your Priv whatever you choose to do.
    02-24-16 07:31 PM
    Thanks sigewif!
    02-24-16 07:45 PM