I am probably going to get a factory unlocked priv from shopbb. I will need to get a nano sim from att because my Q10 uses a micro sim. Anyone else gotten a nano sim from att? Did you order it from them online or go in store? Was there a charge?

I will also buy a nano-to-micro adapter so I can go back to my Q10 if decide to return the priv. I assume I can just swap that back without having to "reactivate" anything on the Q10?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.

Posted via CB10 from AT&T Q10
    08-29-16 10:34 AM
    should be able to get it free from att store if you go in. Its your best option if you can go to a store.
    08-29-16 10:37 AM
    I agree but it seems like they like to charge you if you use a human to do stuff. For example if you go into a store to get a new phone, they charge you activation. No charge if you order online and activate online when you get the device.

08-29-16 11:32 AM
    I am probably going to get a factory unlocked priv from shopbb. I will need to get a nano sim from att because my Q10 uses a micro sim. Anyone else gotten a nano sim from att? Did you order it from them online or go in store? Was there a charge?

I will also buy a nano-to-micro adapter so I can go back to my Q10 if decide to return the priv. I assume I can just swap that back without having to "reactivate" anything on the Q10?

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences.

Use CAUTION. Some folks have run into problems when using Sim Card adapters. They have bent or broken the pins or contacts on their phones when removing the adapters. There was one brand which I don't recall that got better reviews.

Hopefully, you will like the Priv and it won't be an issue. Just remember, Android is definitely different and it will take some adjustment period.
    08-29-16 12:23 PM
    I did see some chatter about that. I'll try to search here for the good ones and look at reviews. Ultimately I'm just wanting to learn the droidberry OS ahead of the mercury launch. Who knows, maybe I'll just want to stay with the priv by then.

08-29-16 05:24 PM
    Did some searching and sounds like I could just put the nano sim in the Q10 as long as I can line it up properly. but maybe would need to put in a piece of biz card too to make up for the thinner nature. Nice thing about the Q10 is the sim doesn't get loaded into a blind slot. It's under the back cover and fully viewable.

Will hold off on any adapters for now. I need to give the priv a full 30 day test drive anyway. Give it a chance, right?

08-29-16 05:42 PM
    When I was switching from Q10 to Priv (bought on eBay), walked into a large, company store and they swapped my sim for me for free. In fact, in the many years I have had an AT&T account (with 3 lines), I have never had to pay to replace sims.
    08-29-16 08:29 PM
    When I was switching from Q10 to Priv (bought on eBay), walked into a large, company store and they swapped my sim for me for free. In fact, in the many years I have had an AT&T account (with 3 lines), I have never had to pay to replace sims.
    Thanks. I've got 4 lines and been with them 8 years so hopefully I get the same treatment. There is a store close to my house so it's not out my way to give it a try.

08-29-16 09:34 PM
    Yes, you can switch your SIM for free. I always use a corporate store. And don't worry about using an adapter. As suggested prior, just line up the contacts properly in your Q10.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 01:52 AM
    Here's a link with photos depicting how to position the SIM: http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=862963. Seriously, save yourself the regret of broken pins and a costly repair and try this method. Been using it successfully for a few years now.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 01:56 AM
    Use CAUTION. Some folks have run into problems when using Sim Card adapters. They have bent or broken the pins or contacts on their phones when removing the adapters. There was one brand which I don't recall that got better reviews.

Hopefully, you will like the Priv and it won't be an issue. Just remember, Android is definitely different and it will take some adjustment period.
    Dang. Happened to me. Got a brand new Q10 last January. Inserted a nano sim into a sim adaptor to fit into the new Q10 just to set up the phone first. After which I tried to remove the sim again, which damaged the pins inside the sim tray!!! Well I did the phone fixed, which took five months for the proper replacement parts to arrive!
    Just ordered a new Priv and at least I don't have to worry about using a sim adaptor.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    FF22 likes this.
    09-02-16 12:08 PM
    I will also buy a nano-to-micro adapter so I can go back to my Q10 if decide to return the priv.
    I don't know about AT&T, but carriers up here started giving 3-in-1 SIMs which has all 3 formats. My replacement cards all came like that, and I asked my friend for the spare "frames" that they toss out in the store for my other nano and cut cards.
    09-02-16 02:24 PM
    Yeah, better off you don't use the adapter as some adapters will have the possibility to damage the contact pins of the card. You can still use the nano sim into the micro sim slot provided that the sim contact chip is lined up properly.

Prior to using the priv i used the q10 as my secondary phone alongside my passport and as both my sim cards are nano, i just tried to line up the nano sim chip into the q10 and yeah, no issues.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-16 06:10 PM