So I was playing around the other day and put my RFID badge inside my Priv so now I can open doors at work without a code or need to carry a security fob! Thought others would like to see this. Its very simple to do to be honest. I have a Rogers Priv so there is no charge coil in the back or this might not work so well!

Adding RFID security to the BlackBerry Priv | Idealistically Caspan

I did this along time ago with my Bold also

RSHTOTF! ? Hack A RFID Into The BlackBerry | Idealistically Caspan

I have refined the process since and I just sandwiched the RFID coil and transmitter in packing tape and now I can move it to any device.
    05-11-16 10:31 AM
    Great, useless click bait

Rock'n the Marshmallow boosted Priv!
    05-11-16 10:40 AM
    I got blank screen when I scroll
    Attached Thumbnails Putting an RFID security FOB inside the BlackBerry Priv-1462981277679.jpg  
    05-11-16 10:41 AM
    Cool stuff anyway!
    05-11-16 10:42 AM
    My title is exactly what I said it was, I put a RFID Security Fob in my Priv!!
    05-11-16 10:42 AM
    I got blank screen when I scroll
    Weird... i will have a look!!
    05-11-16 10:43 AM
    Fixed it, CSS that only applied to onhover when on a screen smaller then 700px, thanks for the find!!
    Uzi likes this.
    05-11-16 10:47 AM
    Fixed it, CSS that only applied to onhover when on a screen smaller then 700px, thanks for the find!!
    Yep,can read it now thanks.
    05-11-16 10:49 AM
    I was just about to point this out, but I evidently was beaten to the punch :P I was excited by the thread because I like the concept, but this particular solution isn't quite as elegant as I'd hoped. Even though I know it isn't possible, I wish we could read in the codes for all these various fobs we have now, and then use the NFC chip in the phone itself to rebroadcast those codes as needed. I understand why it's not possible, but I still wish it could somehow be done.
    05-11-16 10:52 AM
    I agree woudl be nice to be able to read in a card, except security woudl be an issues you could read anyones card in and store it The only other problem I have with this is that the phone has to be unlocked and you have to open the app and chose the security card. I'm sure you could add a home screen icon to open it quickly but at that point I would rather carry my card as I did this for convience. Now what would be really nice is if you could program the Priv to tell it what RFID card you always want on sono need to select it. Then you could have your security card as the always on card and if you are at a pay terminal and chose your RBC card at that point it would change.
    artemis-kun likes this.
    05-11-16 11:04 AM