My email accounts and calendars seem to only sync when I open either the hub or the calendar app. Sometimes, I have to manually hit sync a few times before they come in. I'm assuming the device is in power save mode, but it's frustrating when I have to remember to open the app and manually check for email and calendar changes.

Anyone else have this issue? My Passport gets email and calendar updates before my laptop does. And I love that!

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 06:16 PM
    My Gmail account in the HUB supports imap. I get my emails at the same time as my BB10 devices.
    kthhrrsn and jaydee5799 like this.
    02-09-16 06:25 PM
    Same.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-09-16 06:35 PM
    Yeah, push is definitely enabled. I get mine the same time as my computer.

02-09-16 06:48 PM
    I get my work emails before my computer, reminds me of bb10 with how fast the push is

kthhrrsn likes this.
    02-09-16 06:59 PM
    Darn! I must be doing something seriously wrong...

Posted via CB10
    02-09-16 08:11 PM
    Depends. I have 5 email accounts linked to my Priv and my Passport. My Passport supports push on all 5. Only 2 out of the five is supported by the Priv. Luckily for me it happens to be the most important ones, but there it is.

02-09-16 08:35 PM
    Depends. I have 5 email accounts linked to my Priv and my Passport. My Passport supports push on all 5. Only 2 out of the five is supported by the Priv. Luckily for me it happens to be the most important ones, but there it is.

Please check your setup. These email protocols should be platform agnostic.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    02-09-16 08:45 PM
    My email accounts and calendars seem to only sync when I open either the hub or the calendar app. Sometimes, I have to manually hit sync a few times before they come in. I'm assuming the device is in power save mode, but it's frustrating when I have to remember to open the app and manually check for email and calendar changes.

Anyone else have this issue? My Passport gets email and calendar updates before my laptop does. And I love that!

Posted via CB10
    Go into settings -- accounts -- tap 3 dots in top right corner and ensure auto sync data is ON.
    kthhrrsn and MC_A_DOT like this.
    02-09-16 10:42 PM

what should happen and dose happen are two different things , my emails from work come with a pdf attached which I can open on my passport and classic the same email accounts on my priv wont open and crashes the hub
    L o r d R a j likes this.
    02-10-16 02:45 AM
    Push in hub for 3 email accounts imap and works great and instant

Posted via the Priv CrackBerry App for Android
    02-10-16 04:37 AM
    what should happen and dose happen are two different things , my emails from work come with a pdf attached which I can open on my passport and classic the same email accounts on my priv wont open and crashes the hub
    Have you installed a pdf reader (like Acrobat) on your Priv?

02-10-16 04:37 AM
    Yup. Same here. Happens sporadically. Only remedy is restart. PDF attachments hang.

Frustrating.

02-10-16 05:03 AM

Unnecessary. Priv comes with one it's baked into Google Drive.

02-10-16 05:03 AM

yes I did that was one of the first things I did and also wiped and re-installed software(more than once) and of cause updated all blackberry apps
    02-10-16 05:42 AM

I have, several times. I've also wiped the phone and retried. The check box in settings is checked. Thanks just the same for the thought, but I'm afraid that it is what it is.

02-10-16 05:47 AM
    Go into settings -- accounts -- tap 3 dots in top right corner and ensure auto sync data is ON.
    That did it for me, so thank you!!!

02-10-16 10:02 AM

Silly question but should Gmail sync be on an well, if I'm using the Hub at the moment? I turned off Gmail for my two accounts, and in the Hub I tried setting Sync Interval to Never and Use Push. Doesn't seem to work, I don't seem to be receiving emails yet if I send test emails between the two accounts it does work. Only seems to work properly to receive emails if I set it to 15 mins, but some are saying that actually drains battery?

(Not that I'm having battery problems, though.)
    02-16-16 08:53 PM
    Silly question but should Gmail sync be on an well, if I'm using the Hub at the moment? I turned off Gmail for my two accounts, and in the Hub I tried setting Sync Interval to Never and Use Push. Doesn't seem to work, I don't seem to be receiving emails yet if I send test emails between the two accounts it does work. Only seems to work properly to receive emails if I set it to 15 mins, but some are saying that actually drains battery?

(Not that I'm having battery problems, though.)
    This is a misconception. You should ALWAYS have a sync interval set as there are many cases where we use it as a fallback to ensure that your mail continues syncing to your device - the server doesn't support IMAP IDLE, the IDLE thread gets into a bad state, the server gets into a bad state, etc., etc., etc. - and if you set to never then you could see your mail stop flowing in cases. We put a lot of work into optimizing the sync engines so that they use as little battery life and system resources as possible. You can set this to 5 minutes (if you need to get your mail as quickly as possible) and shouldn't notice any real impact.
    02-17-16 12:17 PM
    This is a misconception. You should ALWAYS have a sync interval set as there are many cases where we use it as a fallback to ensure that your mail continues syncing to your device - the server doesn't support IMAP IDLE, the IDLE thread gets into a bad state, the server gets into a bad state, etc., etc., etc. - and if you set to never then you could see your mail stop flowing in cases. We put a lot of work into optimizing the sync engines so that they use as little battery life and system resources as possible. You can set this to 5 minutes (if you need to get your mail as quickly as possible) and shouldn't notice any real impact.
    I swear I read somewhere around here someone said set it to Never. I'll keep it at 15 mins now, which seems already pretty real-time. Thanks.
    02-17-16 12:57 PM
    I swear I read somewhere around here someone said set it to Never. I'll keep it at 15 mins now, which seems already pretty real-time. Thanks.
    Yeah I've read plenty of people on here saying that, but it's definitely not a great idea.

I'm the Product Manager for Hub at BlackBerry if that adds any weight to the recommendation
    jm1219, Camelhmpz and fanisk like this.
    02-18-16 12:22 PM
    Yeah I've read plenty of people on here saying that, but it's definitely not a great idea.

I'm the Product Manager for Hub at BlackBerry if that adds any weight to the recommendation
    I think that Crackberry should write an article about this , seems that many people have issues with the hub just because of not setting a synchronization interval in their mail settings.
    02-18-16 01:23 PM
    My Priv and my Classic both receive emails in the Hub nearly simultaneously... Faster than my Androids without a doubt. However, my 9900 and 9780 still get the emails faster to this day. As soon as I hit send from my PC my 9900 and 9780 already have the email...instantly. A second later the Priv and Classic both receive it, couple seconds more and the Nexus and Note finally pull through...

Posted via CB10
    02-18-16 03:10 PM