WhatsApp will share our information irrespective of our choice.
    Is this also the case with BBM?
    If not, its a great opportunity to market its messenger.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Attached Thumbnails PSA: WhatsApp will start sharing your address book to Facebook for ad purposes.-66623.jpg  
    Loc22 likes this.
    08-28-16 07:31 AM
    Still waiting for my new terms of service prompt.. nothing still. When I go directly to settings, the option isn't there either.

Posted via CB10
    08-30-16 02:55 AM
    Very simple in WhatsApp they can share the following in 121 chats;
    - voice note
    - photos
    - videos
    - documents

They can do all the same things in their Group chat too. In this way users don't get the feeling that there is something lacking in the group chat.

In BBM you CANNOT do the following things in Group chat even when you can do them on 121 chat;
    - share documents
    - share location
    - share Glympes
    - share voice notes
    - share videos
    - share music

Since there is a disparity that's why the shortcomings are highlighted in BBM. That is why BBM will seem inadequate as compared to WhatsApp.

WhatsApp groups chat has features that are more commonly used where these features are not available in BBM group chat. This will also make BBM seem not good as well.

True, but if the app does not recognize the file to be associated with say video because it isn't one of the recognized formats then you can't choose "file" as an option to send it but I can in BBM. Having the "FILE" option is gold.

Posted via CB10
    09-05-16 06:36 AM
    According to the website and opt out instructions provided in the initial posting: "The Facebook family of companies will still receive and use this information for other purposes such as improving infrastructure and delivery systems, understanding how our services or theirs are used, securing systems, and fighting spam, abuse, or infringement activities."

So fact is, whether you opt out or not, your info is still being shared. It's just a matter of how they're using your info. If you don't opt out, then they'll use your info to assist with ads, if you do opt out, then they won't use it for ads.

So you're not really opting out of if your data is shared, your just opting out of how it's used.

09-05-16 08:57 AM
    True, but if the app does not recognize the file to be associated with say video because it isn't one of the recognized formats then you can't choose "file" as an option to send it but I can in BBM. Having the "FILE" option is gold.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you but the problem is BBM doesn't provide this option in the Group Chat. WhatsApp allows working groups to be able to share documents, any form of documents like word, excel, PowerPoint & pdf. This is already sufficient for say 90% of users.

09-05-16 02:21 PM
    How long did it take BBM to allow in-line pics in group BBM chats? That bugged me for the longest time and I love BBM. Having to go to a separate area for pics seemed silly. WhatsApp allowed everything to be dumped in-line in the group chats well before BBM.
    09-05-16 04:26 PM
31 12