Hello fellow Priv owners / to-be owners! Just thought I'd share this on here for anyone in the market for a good wireless charger for their Priv. I know there are many great ones out there and I bought one for cheap at Amazon earlier, only to realize that the Priv's charging coil is a little below center making smaller / puck type chargers not ideal as the phone doesn't necessarily stay balanced on them.

Then I found this: TechMatte 3 Coil Qi Wireless Charging Pad
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017KQXO4U...UvbUpU12170977

The thing comes with an adapter and a cable that's decently long (becoming a rarity these days). The best part is that its size is pretty close to the Priv's, so the phone sits easy on it, and with the 3 coil design, I find there to be some flexibility with regards to placement. Overall, pretty happy with the product!

via the CrackBerry App for Andr... for the BlackBerry Priv
    Mr4aces likes this.
    12-24-15 01:36 AM
    Nice. That looks a lot better than the small circular models where you have to do the careful balancing.

I've tweaked your thread title to get others' attention better.
    12-24-15 08:50 AM
    12-24-15 08:57 AM
    I agree with Tinkerguy and second the Itian stand up 3 coil one.

BUT

It's on my Z30 I don't own a Priv in assuming it would be great for the Priv.

I live the stand up dock type feel and the angle it's at is nice. It's great to just drop on before bed or even to have at an office desk.

For around $20 it's a pretty good deal.

One time maybe twice I had an issue where the device was making a weird noise while charging. Almost like a quiet, high pitched whine. But it really has not happened in months. I believe it was because the device was charging and it was aligned and then I got a message and the vibration moved it around ever so slightly.

Oh and did I mention you never have to fight with this to get it aligned?

You just drop it in the stand and your good to go 100% of the time.

 BlackBerry Z30 Chenpion 
    12-24-15 09:07 AM
    Spigen 3 coil, #F300W
    $29 on Amazon - does NOT come with a power supply, and you must use a 2 amp, (or bigger).
    But, it fits the Priv perfectly, charges way faster than I was expecting, almost as fast as the BB supplied charger, and does come with a decent length cable. Sits at a 45 degree angle, and phone is pretty secure on it. No moving phone around to get it just right, unless you leave the phone hanging off the edge you are good to go. Haven't tried landscape yet.
    Only been using it 4 days, but really liking it. May buy another for the desk, as I can see it easy at 45.

---EDIT--- Works poorly in landscape mode, not that I care.
    The pick up coil is in the bottom 1/3 of the Priv, so the bottom 1/3 will have to align with a coil. Given that, it's gonna be hard to find a 45 degree that works with the Priv in landscape.
    Last edited by Wezard; 12-24-15 at 09:27 PM. Reason: More data
    12-24-15 09:07 AM
    Some great recommendations from you all! I noticed that a recurring theme is the 3 coil design, which really does make things easier wrt placement.

12-24-15 10:36 AM
    A link to the Spigen, in case somebody wants to go direct.
    http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ilpage_o00_s00
    12-24-15 11:26 AM
    I had very good results with this duracell powermat. $15 for a 2 device charger.

http://www.amazon.com/Duracell-Power...UvbUpU12171994

Price has gone up - I bought a few for $8/ea last month.
    12-24-15 04:56 PM
    I had very good results with this duracell powermat. $15 for a 2 device charger.

http://www.amazon.com/Duracell-Power...UvbUpU12172020

Price has gone up - I bought a few for $8/ea last month.
    But this is PMA Wireless Charging, not Qi.

Don't you need a special case for PMA or the Priv supports both?

12-24-15 05:18 PM
    Incipio dual charger from Crackberry works great for the Priv. Even can charge a Z30 and an extra phone with USB.
    PSA:  A Great Wireless Charger for the Priv-img_20151224_192514.png
    PSA:  A Great Wireless Charger for the Priv-img_20151224_191902.jpg

Z10 10.3.2.2204
    12-24-15 05:28 PM
    Thanks, I was looking for something like this.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-24-15 05:35 PM
    Hello fellow Priv owners / to-be owners! Just thought I'd share this on here for anyone in the market for a good wireless charger for their Priv. I know there are many great ones out there and I bought one for cheap at Amazon earlier, only to realize that the Priv's charging coil is a little below center making smaller / puck type chargers not ideal as the phone doesn't necessarily stay balanced on them.

Then I found this: TechMatte 3 Coil Qi Wireless Charging Pad
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017KQXO4U...UvbUpU12172102

The thing comes with an adapter and a cable that's decently long (becoming a rarity these days). The best part is that its size is pretty close to the Priv's, so the phone sits easy on it, and with the 3 coil design, I find there to be some flexibility with regards to placement. Overall, pretty happy with the product!

I have 2 of these, and while they work, I am not sure they are 2 coil. My coworker has the single coil one and I have to align it the same way on mine and his to work. Move it a little on either and it stops charging. Single coil is cheaper and works 100% the same on ours. I have 2 and they are both the same. Just an FYI.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android On My Priv
    12-24-15 06:28 PM
    But this is PMA Wireless Charging, not Qi.

Don't you need a special case for PMA or the Priv supports both?

Priv supports PMA and QI, at least the current USA spec device STV100- does
    12-24-15 07:02 PM
    I have 2 of these, and while they work, I am not sure they are 2 coil. My coworker has the single coil one and I have to align it the same way on mine and his to work. Move it a little on either and it stops charging. Single coil is cheaper and works 100% the same on ours. I have 2 and they are both the same. Just an FYI.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android On My Priv
    I think this brand sells a single coil variant and a 3 coil one. Not sure which one you might have but the one I got if definitely giving me enough freedom to move the phone around a bit and still get a charge. The buyer just needs to make sure they select the 3 coil version when buying.

12-24-15 07:28 PM
    A link to the Spigen, in case somebody wants to go direct.
    http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ilpage_o00_s00
    I had an ebay brand one of exact design- I could never get my classic to align well, I hope the "name brand" version works better.

I look forward to getting another type wireless for whenever the Verizon priv comes out.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 07:42 PM
    I have good results with the Nokia DT900 wireless charger.
    I believe that is also a 3 coil charger.

Posted via CB10
    12-24-15 08:04 PM
    I had an ebay brand one of exact design- I could never get my classic to align well, I hope the "name brand" version works better.

I look forward to getting another type wireless for whenever the Verizon priv comes out.

Posted via CB10
    Who knows if the Verizon Variant will have...

I hope it will.

12-24-15 09:09 PM

Posted via CB10
    Plenty that look like this one, of 1, 2 and 3 coil design, the 3 coil appears to be the important spec.

BTW - the Spigen works poorly in landscape, which affects me not at all, but some, maybe a lot of people want that.
    The Priv pick-up coil is in the bottom 1/3 of the device, so that portion of the phone will have to align with one of the coils on the charging device. A 45 degree for landscape on the Priv is gonna be hard to find.
    12-24-15 09:23 PM
    I've ordered/crowdfunded this next-gen QI charger - supports multiple device charging at once with free positioning, meaning you can place the 2 devices anywhere on its surface. Have yet to try it, but for people with multiple devices (phones, tablets, etc.) it seems like a good bet.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ss-charger-yet
    12-25-15 04:21 AM
    Has anyone tried the wireless charging with the BlackBerry hardshell case or with the leather flip case?
    12-30-15 08:26 PM
    12-30-15 08:34 PM
    I used the Samsung wireless fast charger and it takes about 4 hours to charge the PRIV from 0 percent. So I'm in the process of returning it and getting a normal wireless charger. Can anyone tell how long does it take to get a full charge using your wireless charger.

12-30-15 08:42 PM
    I used the Samsung wireless fast charger and it takes about 4 hours to charge the PRIV from 0 percent. So I'm in the process of returning it and getting a normal wireless charger. Can anyone tell how long does it take to get a full charge using your wireless charger.

It should be relatively the same.

12-30-15 08:47 PM
    12-30-15 09:06 PM
    Has anyone tried the wireless charging with the BlackBerry hardshell case or with the leather flip case?
    I use it with the hardshell case everyday and it works just fine.

12-30-15 10:08 PM
53 123