I recently learned that the Productivity Edge only shows email and not all notifications like Twitter, etc. So how do Priv/Android users get efficiency similar to Peek whereby when they are in an app they can quickly view recent notifications and maybe respond? Does the top notification tray accomplish this? I gotta say, I was more than a bit disappointed to find out that the Productivity Edge wouldn't be a Hub/Peek replacement like I thought it might be.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-16 11:55 AM
    The 'Productivity Tab' is anything but productive... I was hoping this would have matured a bit more and become a highly functioning asset to the Priv with the invocation of Marshmallow, however its purpose still remains a moot point in the scheme of things and the functionality, very much like the Priv's Hub in comparison to BB10's Hub, is still rather latent... Maybe this will be something future upgrades will craft into something that offers a bit more usefulness, but as of now I continue to keep my Productivity Tab disabled... Just an ugly blemish on my screen at this point...

As far as how I keep tabs on my alerts, I DO tend to rely on the top notification bar for this... It serves its purpose to an extent... I have always carried two devices and have kept an Android on line 2 many times prior to BlackBerry's plummet into this platform so I have learned to accept the notification bar as my primary means of keeping tabs on alerts here. I tend to immediately disable notification bar alerts on most apps with the exception of those I am looking specifically to monitor. This has helped greatly with de-cluttering the notification bar, making it useful instead of overwhelming for me. I have made it work and thus I have begun the same practices on my Priv... Not by any means as convenient as BB10 and Legacy BBOS made it, but it does the trick and serves its desired purpose so for now, as I await the future updates and modifications BlackBerry continues to develop, this is how I go about alerts on the BlackBerry Priv...

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-07-16 12:07 PM
    As I learn more about other platforms, I have increasing admiration for BB10, apps notwithstanding.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    05-07-16 12:29 PM
    I recently learned that the Productivity Edge only shows email and not all notifications like Twitter, etc. So how do Priv/Android users get efficiency similar to Peek whereby when they are in an app they can quickly view recent notifications and maybe respond? Does the top notification tray accomplish this? I gotta say, I was more than a bit disappointed to find out that the Productivity Edge wouldn't be a Hub/Peek replacement like I thought it might be.

Posted via CB10
    You can see all new incoming in the notification tray on top of the screen.
    05-07-16 12:55 PM